SOLO 2 UPDATE (Ver:3)! SAVE UR BOX FROM ATTACK

yes dirk dhcp is enabled and I did a network test , everything is ok except nameserver is failed, also I have tried to enter primary and secondary DNS values manualy but also failed, but this problem only when I install vti 608 image on meoboot, on Flash rom everything works fine.

I have installed on flash rom and had issue as i mentioned in my previous post,after factory default no problems,chip came with bh206 preinstalled and as others mentioned in early posts after flashing vti image startup screen is bh:)
yes dirk dhcp is enabled and I did a network test , everything is ok except nameserver is failed, also I have tried to enter primary and secondary DNS values manualy but also failed, but this problem only when I install vti 608 image on meoboot, on Flash rom everything works fine.

hello, I have solo2 clone. I think is v1
My computer not have com port, works with usb-com adaptor?

Thanks

Edit: I´ll try with adapter usb-com but not work

I configure com 1 port, not have error message, but not have nothing.

Last edited:
I upgraded 3 of my clones via usb-serial cable (even I was told it won't work)
there is a lot of usb-serial cables out there some of them are cheap ($5) and some are expensive ($20) - the difference is the chipset manufacture.. so some of them need special drivers to work or don't work at all (because they are shite :p)
I used the one Im using at work (Prolific Tech) for all type of network devices routers/switches/radios/UPSs etc - so I was sure it should do and I managed to upgrade Solo2 SoloPro and DuoMini with it ;)

Last edited:
Me and my friend we have three vu SOLO2 . The first two I bought are not updated to v3, the third, instead we took it a week later, and it is updated perfectly! ! ! Why??

I tried to update with RS232 cable which came with vu solo2 but when I turn on receiver it shows Star download and there is only one point in second row
so this process is stuck . I tried this few times unsuccesfuly . Now my receiver has starting loop I can not use it anymore, tried several images.

Any help for me :(

I tried to update with RS232 cable which came with vu solo2 but when I turn on receiver it shows Star download and there is only one point in second row
so this process is stuck . I tried this few times unsuccesfuly . Now my receiver has starting loop I can not use it anymore, tried several images.

Any help for me :(

I got the same and now my box seems to be bricked! It stopped during the first flashing process and now has HW errors on all images, unless the old ones, then it is just stuck on starting. Is there anything that can be done to resolve this? Is this not compatible with all clone versions of solo2?
I have tried flashing ver2, ver3 and ver3.1, it sometimes goes trough the process with "download compleate" but the HW error remains.

I have received an update for solo2 . as I have received in my mail box I m going to post here as its
My box already working fine with all images new or updated online . So I dont need to install this file But the peoples who are facing problem I m sharing the file here with procedure as my friend has mailed me .Personally Special thanks to my friend Selina Wong
@Aliraza63 Is there any chance you could ask your contact why some of us are bricking our boxes with this file and a possible fix for that? If it is possible to flash the security chip with usb image, if the serial port is to blame. And if we have different security chips that need different bin files. Would something like "cfe_cfe_auto.bin" that the solo2 looks for on the usb stick during flashing be a possible fix for this?

I still think posts like these need warnings, especially now that we know it does brick some of the boxes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Possibly a bit of a N00b question, but is there any way to do this on a mac, or am I going to have to locate a PC?

Unfortunatly not go on a mac mate... i dont know about a mac with virtual win7/win8 but you have to make the connection in this case would be a usb to null cable and that would be a problem because ure mac would have problems identifying it...

Go search a pc...

My sunray solo2 is breaked today!!!
Do you thing that with this update tools I can debreak it ?

I know this has been answered a million times but I cant find it on this thread, done the update sucessfully

Can someone link me to an image to try, i believe I need to flash v3 image first, I have a lonrinson vu solo2 clone

Thanks guys, sorry for the silly question

UPDATE: Ive found another thread where it says to flash v3 OPENVIX-Helios vu+solo2 20140514

But I cant find this file in the VU+ clone image download section

Last edited:
Back