Soccer Manager Online DW League now live :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
of the 24 current teams only 8 are unmanaged

Ajax (provisionally taken)
Aston Villa
Bolton
Juventus (provisionally taken)
Lyon
Sunderland (provisionally taken)
villareal
valencia

so in reality only 5 teams available... which i think shows its been popular, if there is a requirement i may add an addtional league and take tequests for teams not already taken

Current league in div 2 2 teams already promoted with the teams finishing 3-6 going into a play off.

1 Internazionale (P) 21 26 42
2 Milan (P) 21 12 40

3 Bolton Wanderers 21 5 35
4 Lyon 21 0 33
5 Borussia Dortmund 21 4 32
6 Newcastle United 21 13 31

7 Villarreal 21 -2 31
8 Sunderland 21 -7 26
9 Juventus 21 -8 23
10 Valencia 21 -12 21
11 Aston Villa 21 -21 20
12 Ajax 21 -10 17

Congratulations on the league 2 managers who have'nt bitched once and especially to the 2nd place manager for taking a once proud club back to the top flight table in his Virgin year very well done i would say :Clap::Clap::Clap: :banana::banana::banana::

Congratulations on the league 2 managers who have'nt bitched once and especially to the 2nd place manager for taking a once proud club back to the top flight table in his Virgin year very well done i would say :Clap::Clap::Clap: :banana::banana::banana::

but as the FA chairman i have opened an investigation into an unusual signing policy and can see anyone with a name like ibrox being deducted points haha just kindding man well done on promotion.

Also just my opinion but it looks like this sort of game is for people that are willing to go a few seasons and build up a squad or indeed rip a squad to bits that for me is where a challenge would lie.

Also in league 2 a manager with 51 rep beat another guy with a 189 rep which was sweet revenge for a 3-2 defeat at his gaff earlier on in the season the only thing i would say is the stats are very strange at times and this is where people maybe thinking it is flawed but it certainly is'nt all 1 way traffic in that department as there are a few funny results based on stats for every team not just for any select few.

So be prepared to slog it out for a few seasons and tinker around with it a fair bit especially the instructions that are given to each set of formations if you have in-game instructions also look @ the morale and obviously unhappy players etc etc etc and don't always just go for the highest rated players even tho this looks like a stick on tactic but all the above come into play by the looks of it imho

Anyways just dont give up coz it looks flawed if it is flawed in any way get looking @ how to take advantages of any flaws u think are happening and maybe it will click into place eventually.

And may i say lemmon springs to mind here when i see the:nopity:"it's not fair":nopity: brigade here :proud: :banana::banana::banana:

but as the FA chairman i have opened an investigation into an unusual signing policy and can see anyone with a name like ibrox being deducted points haha just kindding man well done on promotion.

Now thats what i would say would be flawed a great name like Ibrox being caught up in any such shenannigans:proud:

Also since Milan was 1st started up as a cricket club thats "just not cricket" doing anything that would get a club started by 2 brits involved in dodgy dealings :Laugh:

Last edited:
I'm confident that I now have a winning formula for the mighty Gooners and will back in the big league soon enough.

The forums are definitely worth a visit. If you have a youngster you feel deserves upped in the ratings then this is the place.

The guys who do the ratings have been known to have a wee look to see who's being tipped etc

As for the league race? Come on The Chelsea!! lol

I'm confident that I now have a winning formula for the mighty Gooners and will back in the big league soon enough.

The forums are definitely worth a visit. If you have a youngster you feel deserves upped in the ratings then this is the place.

The guys who do the ratings have been known to have a wee look to see who's being tipped etc

As for the league race? Come on The Chelsea!! lol

If you need any tips On the way down just feel free to get in touch with someone On the way up and i'll pass anything on that may help you stop the mighty decline of the Mighty Arsenal:banana::banana::banana:

after this season is over get someone to remove this sticky and replace it with a new one. with rules and tips in 1st post and start new season with a clean sheet,,

yes good idea rab .
ill take a team with a 600 million budget

colin has already got that one lol only joking colin :proud:

its cool mate could give him a 1billion quid and still wouldnt trust him to work out how to log into the site never mind build a squad :)

as for the barca bashing, just jealous, remember starting with barca you get a really small squad etc.. the best option to be honest would have been real as you get a really good squad and slightly more cash..

its cool mate could give him a 1billion quid and still wouldnt trust him to work out how to log into the site never mind build a squad :)

as for the barca bashing, just jealous, remember starting with barca you get a really small squad etc.. the best option to be honest would have been real as you get a really good squad and slightly more cash..

meaning what ?

john just a suggestion and dont take it the wrong way but as you were invited to take part and declined maybe best to leave the thread to those interested in it?

john just a suggestion and dont take it the wrong way but as you were invited to take part and declined maybe best to leave the thread to those interested in it?

if i wasnt interested i wouldnt be asking questions for pointers
so ive no idea where our coming from.
and as rabs already posted when this season is finished
and rules etc are posted in a sticky for others
im sure it will attract more members.

i still have a few questions though.

if i wasnt interested i wouldnt be asking questions for pointers
so ive no idea where our coming from.
and as rabs already posted when this season is finished
and rules etc are posted in a sticky for others
im sure it will attract more members.

i still have a few questions though.

well ask away get them all out, as i say only 5 teams left so ask away and ill answer just now... then you can decide if you want to join or not?

ok but dont spit dummy out.

1.is this going to run for dw members only or does it include members from any other forum.

2.you say 5 teams left?you mean for next season.

3.if yes for the above then why are we not starting again to give members are better choice of team,i.e some sort of draw made for team selection?

4 who is responsible for running it ?

5 what information does the person running it need to add players to league.

ok but dont spit dummy out.

1.is this going to run for dw members only or does it include members from any other forum.

2.you say 5 teams left?you mean for next season.

3.if yes for the above then why are we not starting again to give members are better choice of team,i.e some sort of draw made for team selection?

4 who is responsible for running it ?

5 what information does the person running it need to add players to league.

1,I have asked another MOD and was told it can be open to any forum but taking into account there are only 5 places left the chances are this one will be exclusive to DW and I will start another league perhaps for a different forum

2.Yes 5 teams available for season 2

3.I spoke to Scott about this after Janobis concerns and a couple of things firstly bit unfair on people who have spent hours/days constructing and building a squad, As stated before I choose 24 decent teams based on popularity/fan base etc.. and allowed everyone a pick in the main id say the bulk of the 15 got either their first or 2nd choice.

4.I am responsible for running it, Basically to create a custom league the cost is £5 but if you want the ability to choose the teams within the league the total cost is circa £20 this gives you full admin rights to the league, i have spoke to scott and will also try and set him up with admin rights to the league.

5.Once signed up to soccermanager dot com you would send me a note of your username and email and i will send you a job offer for one of the available teams.

Hopefully that answers your concerns.. as i say you seem a little stuck on question3 regarding the teams, i appreciate those who start late are starting at a disadvantage but have to stress if you put the hours in you will get it back, as ive said before in my other game world in work i started in season 3 with everton we are now on season 10 and scott will agree i probs have the 2nd best squad in the game, the way i done this was scouring the world for the best young 17 year olds etc.. buy them for peanuts and sell on for profit enabling me to buy in the likes of torres,aguero,bale,wilshire,sneijder, van bommell, nani,di maria, nasri, reina, also you cant just throw random players together pinpoint where you are weak and look to improve.. i would say for any proper football fan who has a few spare hours a week its a great game... as i say first season is all about building... one of the free teams for example juventus in season 2 they might be missing a few players bought by other teams but that just means you'll maybe have a transfer kitty of around 80m! now it would be foolish to spend that on 2 strikers.. but say the likes of gary cahill worth £7m now likely to double in next 12 months.. get 11 players like that and before you know it your bidding for superstars!

as i say to anyone interested in joining dont moan it will take time and you will get out of it what you put in over time...also you can pick up the odd loan player along the way if your nice to fellow managers...

clears up most ponits except number 3 as you say
i have to agree with rab and jan on this
it would be fairer to start with clean slate
and mybe have a draw on team selection
i know you and others have spent alot of time and effort
on your teams but surely if you wish to attract further players
then it would be better to start off on an even keel ?

all i suggest is you mybe even ask the players there thoughts on this
afterall there wouldnt be a league without there input.?

clears up most ponits except number 3 as you say
i have to agree with rab and jan on this
it would be fairer to start with clean slate
and mybe have a draw on team selection
i know you and others have spent alot of time and effort
on your teams but surely if you wish to attract further players
then it would be better to start off on an even keel ?

all i suggest is you mybe even ask the players there thoughts on this
afterall there wouldnt be a league without there input.?

fair enough but as i say agree to disagree, i wont be starting a new league, if people arent happy with their teams they are welcome to drop out, in terms of attracting new members id suggest 24 is easily achievable so dont think it needs to sold

in terms of teams
the managers just now are in charge of
Barca,
Real,
Liverpool,
Man Utd
Chelsea,
Arsenal,
Bayern
Milan,
Inter,
Spurs,
Dortmund,

Obviously the likes of celtic and rangers started with weaker squads, im sure the managers of the above teams are happy with their squads if more than 50% want to change their team fine and fair enough but so far 3 folk have said its not fair 2 of which arent playing the game? the other fair enough got his team relegated.. but in the main from my reading of the thread the people actually playing the game are enjoying it? so why change on the back of 1 person playing the game who after the season says its not fair? wouldnt mind your take on that?

If it was to keep expanding and u needed to keep changing teams what would be the point, imho as you are taking over not just a team but are looking to build one as well and there would be no point playing if you had to give up the team you are/have built up so for me it's a case of stay as it is and just try and build a team up thats where the proper challenge probably is

I would like to keep it as is, although I have Man United and in theory they have stronger squad than others, so probably opinion not worth as much as say a manager in charge of sunderland.

Main reason is that for first couple months I spent a time on the game, especially in transfer market (I didnt spend any time at all on tactics because it's like a champ manager game, although since my losing streak started i have spent more time on tactics and such).

Also I think Colin has a right to pick first and pick the best team (in theory) because he has spent $20 to set it up and organised it, hell i wouldnt have cared if he hadnt spent cash to set it up, he spent time to organise it so that alone deserved first pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back