Soccer Manager Online DW League now live :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You accused me of being a liar? Which after gasman called me a cheat is poor

Really? Cos I have re-read my post, and no where is the word Liar mentioned. I said that you were bidding 50m for torres, which you yourself have admited too. So how have I called you a liar?

Your taking things personally colin, as always, im happy to play again. You have answered the questions posed, you spent 35m on one player, who i aint even heard of tbh. Thats fine. Line in the sand, as it were. Roll on season 2!

Really? Cos I have re-read my post, and no where is the word Liar mentioned. I said that you were bidding 50m for torres, which you yourself have admited too. So how have I called you a liar?

Your taking things personally colin, as always, im happy to play again. You have answered the questions posed, you spent 35m on one player, who i aint even heard of tbh. Thats fine. Line in the sand, as it were. Roll on season 2!

If you haven't heard of him no surprise you got relegated :) cb for Italy and juve

If you haven't heard of him no surprise you got relegated :) cb for Italy and juve

I dont think thats the case tbh. As I have signed several big up and coming names. I got relegated because my squad is poor, or my tactics were wrong. lol

35m for him, I think you paid over the odds mate. But thats life. You can give me 30m for rodwell if you want ;)

what other members have called anyone on other forum
has nothing to do with dw .so please do not drag it up on here.
thank you.

what other members have called anyone on other forum
has nothing to do with dw .so please do not drag it up on here.
thank you.

Still waiting for my apology too, called him a liar apparently! lol

Anyone see the word Liar in my posts? ;)

I dont think thats the case tbh. As I have signed several big up and coming names. I got relegated because my squad is poor, or my tactics were wrong. lol

35m for him, I think you paid over the odds mate. But thats life. You can give me 30m for rodwell if you want ;)

"And we all know that you have more than 11million in the bank" if i say i have and you state i havent surely you are calling me a liar?

ps i now have peanuts in the bank as i had 11 sold maxwell the other day for 8 or so and bought in kieren gibbs and the ajax goal keeper so i actually this morning had buttons in the bank!

couldnt afford jimmy torres never mind fernando..

John

That is a piss poor statement to make.

Think everyone has been getting a little carried away - I would hope through competitiveness and not through some sort of personal gripe with Colin. Yes we all have an argument but for someone else to be small minded enough to go over to another forum and bad mouth him is nothing short of pathetic.

To then whitewash it by saying it's nowt to do with DW, when it clearly IS as the topic in question originated from this very discussion . Last time I looked this was DW no? Specsavers could make a mint with what is not seen nor heard on here sometimes.

In the end the league has been pretty competitive in the main and talks of breakaway leagues and cheating etc is petty.

Many members seem to be enjoying the league (even the relegated guys like me and Janobi) but it seems to be getting rained on unnecessarily by a minority.

Disappointing, avoidable and downright silly.

We talk of the game being flawed but so is every computer game ever made. Are we harassing the developers of them and calling them cheats? Course not.

Too many people letting their gripes from different threads affect their judgement.

I think if there is a season 2 we can all try a little harder to get on with it without toys smashing all over the room.

Phew!! One rant duly over.

John

That is a piss poor statement to make.

Think everyone has been getting a little carried away - I would hope through competitiveness and not through some sort of personal gripe with Colin. Yes we all have an argument but for someone else to be small minded enough to go over to another forum and bad mouth him is nothing short of pathetic.

To then whitewash it by saying it's nowt to do with DW, when it clearly IS as the topic in question originated from this very discussion . Last time I looked this was DW no? Specsavers could make a mint with what is not seen nor heard on here sometimes.

In the end the league has been pretty competitive in the main and talks of breakaway leagues and cheating etc is petty.

Many members seem to be enjoying the league (even the relegated guys like me and Janobi) but it seems to be getting rained on unnecessarily by a minority.

Disappointing, avoidable and downright silly.

We talk of the game being flawed but so is every computer game ever made. Are we harassing the developers of them and calling them cheats? Course not.

Too many people letting their gripes from different threads affect their judgement.

I think if there is a season 2 we can all try a little harder to get on with it without toys smashing all over the room.

Phew!! One rant duly over.

cheers scott as i say it is a shame as Janobi is the only person in the league who has complained about it that i can see, would like to thank the others who bought into what it was meant to be, anyone can read through the countless posts on this thread and its easy to see a certain few (not participating in the game) were keen to end this league and start their own when they seen how popular it was becoming, and the fact it was me running it didnt sit well...
also when john suggested we start from scratch other than janobi not one person agreed with it, yet despite this people still wanted to start their own league rather than join this one lol...

lastly janobi your right i did say i wouldnt be contributing to the forum but in discussions with other mods said id still be back from time to time if i needed help etc.. the only posts i have made since have been in this soccermanager thread, i havent posted one thing in any other section..

cheers scott as i say it is a shame as Janobi is the only person in the league who has complained about it that i can see, would like to thank the others who bought into what it was meant to be, anyone can read through the countless posts on this thread and its easy to see a certain few (not participating in the game) were keen to end this league and start their own when they seen how popular it was becoming, and the fact it was me running it didnt sit well...
also when john suggested we start from scratch other than janobi not one person agreed with it, yet despite this people still wanted to start their own league rather than join this one lol...

lastly janobi your right i did say i wouldnt be contributing to the forum but in discussions with other mods said id still be back from time to time if i needed help etc.. the only posts i have made since have been in this soccermanager thread, i havent posted one thing in any other section..

I know you only posted here, but I certainly wasnt the only person who said to restart. As I stated earlier, I moaned because how flawed the game is. It wasn't a personal attack on you Colin, as I have stated several times.

I know nothing of this other setup you talk of, but if anything if another league is setup, then I will play that one too.

You have played this before, so are better than others, myself included. You could of put up some tips and hints, and made the playing field more even. It dont matter now, cos I got relegated. Have I said I dont want to play? No. Im game for season 2, in div 2. In fact, I wish it was starting tomorrow.

And I might of implied you was telling porkies, but I didnt call you a liar. Which is what you stated. lol ;P

I know you only posted here, but I certainly wasnt the only person who said to restart. As I stated earlier, I moaned because how flawed the game is. It wasn't a personal attack on you Colin, as I have stated several times.

I know nothing of this other setup you talk of, but if anything if another league is setup, then I will play that one too.

You have played this before, so are better than others, myself included. You could of put up some tips and hints, and made the playing field more even. It dont matter now, cos I got relegated. Have I said I dont want to play? No. Im game for season 2, in div 2. In fact, I wish it was starting tomorrow.

And I might of implied you was telling porkies, but I didnt call you a liar. Which is what you stated. lol ;P

fair enough i have sent you a PM, and hopefully we can move on...

A big well done to showders! who won the league by one goal!!!! ffs so many flashbacks haha

well done final standings for soccermanager, certainly been worthwhile and i enjoyed!

Showders the DW Manager of the season :) haha (damm you for not selling me torres haha)

1 Chelsea (C) 22 16 42
2 BARCELONA 22 15 42
3 Celtic 22 10 40
4 Manchester United 22 8 37
5 Real Madrid 22 11 36
6 Manchester City 22 3 35
7 Bayern München 22 -1 28
8 Liverpool 22 -4 27
9 Tottenham Hotspur 22 -13 27
10 Arsenal (R) 22 -11 23
11 Everton (R) 22 -13 18
12 Rangers (R) 22 -21 15

Real Madrids Ronaldo gets top goal scorer

Didier Drogba gets player of the year!!!

came down to goal difference in the end. I knew going all out attack might let me down against Chelsea but i thought, what the hell lol. If i had a different tactic might of been a different outcome.
But it's been a good season, lots of twists. But enjoyed it alot, fingers crossed i might beable to do better next season.
Congats to Chelsea on winning

Are you Liverpool alonso? I'll put some money in you kitty if you let me have Suarez?

SOrry mate I didnt get Liverpool, I'm Bayern! Would love Suarez meself lol.. I just realised that I have played the whole season with the squad I started with. Not 1 signing made!! No wonder I fell away midseason, gotta get my ass in gear and look for some players..

came down to goal difference in the end. I knew going all out attack might let me down against Chelsea but i thought, what the hell lol. If i had a different tactic might of been a different outcome.
But it's been a good season, lots of twists. But enjoyed it alot, fingers crossed i might beable to do better next season.
Congats to Chelsea on winning

yeah if you conceeded one less goal!!!!! haha agreed though very tight finish and good so many folk were in with a shout on final game.

Yeah I got relegated! lmfao!

Roll on season 2 I say :D

Congrats to the winners, and well done Colin. Top game he has introduced ;)

finished the season with a nice little win. .
THANK YOU colin , i have really enjoyed playing in this little league
and thanks loads for taking the time to set it up for us . TOP man .

also big well done to the inter manager who won league 2 just... :)

Aye if it wisnae so flawed i would have romped into 1st place :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: :Laugh::Laugh::Laugh:

Ps FIFA's Jack Warner and Mohamed Bin Hammam aint involved in this setup are they :Laugh::Laugh::Laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back