SKYBOX F3 - recovery kit for bricked or fail boot.

please can someone help me?
i have tried flashing the box but it will load to 100 and then will start again it is stuck in this loop

please can someone help me?
i have tried flashing the box but it will load to 100 and then will start again it is stuck in this loop

have you tried a different PSU seen this before and a new PSU fixed the problem

i have not tried anothere psu
i will try that now and see how i get on
thanks

Hi all,

sorry about the newbie question, but what is a PSU? I've got the same problem described in this post, i have tried a few different firmware files, but the result is always the same.

Thanks in advance

Hi all,

sorry about the newbie question, but what is a PSU? I've got the same problem described in this post, i have tried a few different firmware files, but the result is always the same.

Thanks in advance

this is psu

Attachments

• aclk.jpg
    aclk.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 19
this is psu

Thanks for your reply johnboymartin, understood that it is the power supply unit module. The raises two questions:
  • Is that an easy way to confirm if the problem is related with power supply?
  • If it is, where can i buy a similar piece to replace it?

Thanks again!

Does anyone known how i can confirm if the problem with the box is related with the power supply module? Thanks

take a pic of the power supply and post it here

could be a duff capacitor ?

Thanks guys!

spud1966, i have opened the box and it does seem that something melted here:
IMG_20161103_202328.jpgIMG_20161103_202424.jpg

Though, i didn't expected for the box to do the load counting while having something burn...

Your mainboard looks as though it's had a spill. Carefully remove that gunk without damaging any tracks, you may have to remove the capacitor. Clean the damaged area with some ipa and a soft toothbrush.
Look for any loss of continuity in the affected tracks or upload a closeup pic of the area.

Your mainboard looks as though it's had a spill. Carefully remove that gunk without damaging any tracks, you may have to remove the capacitor. Clean the damaged area with some ipa and a soft toothbrush.
Look for any loss of continuity in the affected tracks or upload a closeup pic of the area.

Have cleaned everything, but the problem remains... Box keeps restarting before complete loading. I would try a new PSU but the ones i have found for sale are almost as costly as buying a new box... damn!

Did you remove the capacitor?
did you check the tracks for continuity?

Hard to tell from your pic regarding damage, could you take a better one?

If you have a meter it would also be wise to check those voltages on the RHS connector. Test them whilst applying power and see if they remain steady.

I need this does this still work

- - - Updated - - -

I need to fix one of these boxes it just sticks on display at channel 95

same problem !!

- - - Updated - - -

I THINK THE PROBLEM IS THE ENERGY FONT!

- - - Updated - - -

I THINK THE PROBLEM IS THE ENERGY FONT!

I have a F3, last week I did a blind scan and the box got stuck or something. I had to turn the switch off and now it's dead, but when I connect the ethernet cable the lights are lighthing up. I tried to flash the FW using a RS232 cable but I got the "set stb memory error" always. I tried with many loaders and abs files with no luck. Is there a chance to come back to life my box? Sorry for my english, is not my mother languaje.

Back