SKY HD Channels GONE - Is This The End Of Sky HD and Card Share C/S

I don't really care that much about losing hd channels as long as I can still get sd. However I would like to get a motorised dish and access more channels.

Thing is does he really think no one is going to move onto the next thing and he is going to have motorized all to himself lol

I would think that natural progression is for S-y Germany HD to be hit next, which means that in the not too distant future most of us will be left with very expensive Dream/VU boxes not clearing much in the way of prime HD channels.
I am quite fascinated in how these hardware manufacturers are going to fight back, can't see your average hobbyist pays 300 to 400 quid for top notch receiver if it can't be used for cardsharing.

I would think that natural progression is for S-y Germany HD to be hit next, which means that in the not too distant future most of us will be left with very expensive Dream/VU boxes not clearing much in the way of prime HD channels.
I am quite fascinated in how these hardware manufacturers are going to fight back, can't see your average hobbyist pays 300 to 400 quid for top notch receiver if it can't be used for cardsharing.

Its a big merry go round. First it was cable and now sat the answer is cable again if you want hd with a decent box.

Andy

can't see your average hobbyist pays 300 to 400 quid for top notch receiver if it can't be used for cardsharing.

Anybody that is classed as a hobbyist would have far more going on with the box other then just cardsharing,

Joe bloggs who just wants cheap TV will probably suffer more tbh :)

Anybody that is classed as a hobbyist would have far more going on with the box other then just cardsharing,

For sure..no point in just having free sat channels on a expensive box.
I have opted for going legit with sky for a year I like my HD..after all had it good for a few years so can not moan.

Well said mate.

Anyone who has forked out loads of wonga in last 6 months knowing that 28e hd was going make me laugh when they moan.
These vu boxes etc weren't designed to just cs 28e they do so much more.

I don't feel sorry for the Skybox plug and play brigade. Most were warned and there's so much more with an E2 box than just watching tv.
Will be interesting how long cable can last without going the same way.
Andy

I don't feel sorry for the Skybox plug and play brigade. Most were warned and there's so much more with an E2 box than just watching tv.
Andy
But everyone starts somewhere though right? I am new to this myself and seeing as a few people have now said these box's are for so much more than just tv can anyone give me some good examples of what you use your box's for besides tv, I mean there are some cool plugins like plex and tspanel is cool but what is it you guys are referring to? Thanks.

i was going to show my vu boxes holding open the door but my camera lies :FRIGHT::proud:

cardboard boxes are too light for holding door open,found my wedge lol,say skybox getting worried as warehouse is stocked to the gills lol.

Andy

More than watching TV?? Like listen to the radio? Surely that's it? Unless I'm missing the hidden coffee machine that's hidden in there??

While I'm sad to see this coming to an end I'll be happy to use my box just for freesat plus having tsmedia provides plenty of content to watch imo. Sure I'll miss the HD channels but nothing lasts forever. I'm debating on buying a cable tuner atm and going down that route. I'm in no rush though. Alot of popular TV series can be easily grabbed in HD nowadays and FTP'd straight to my box's hard drive so it's not all doom and gloom. :)

While I'm sad to see this coming to an end I'll be happy to use my box just for freesat plus having tsmedia provides plenty of content to watch imo. Sure I'll miss the HD channels but nothing lasts forever. I'm debating on buying a cable tuner atm and going down that route. I'm in no rush though. Alot of popular TV series can be easily grabbed in HD nowadays and FTP'd straight to my box's hard drive so it's not all doom and gloom. :)

Add a motor.

Back