SKY HD Channels GONE - Is This The End Of Sky HD and Card Share C/S

Irish forum poster saying that a Lithuanian server has cracked the HD on 28e. As of yet no link to confirm this post.

Anyone any further info on this please post or pm me.

Add a motor.

Don't really have the money for a motor and somebody to fit it otherwise I would lol. I have a normal mini dish on the front of the house and a 80cm(I think) on the back (disconnected). Not sure what i'd pick up with that? I'm pretty new to the sat scene I know my way around the box etc but never had a motor setup before. Seen cable tuners on 3bay for £37.50.

Cheers. :)

Motor is £40 and less, not hard to set up either.

Installation is quite costly though from what I can see when looking for prices and stuff. I'm not good with heights lol so I wouldn't be able to fit it myself, the large dish at the back is close to the top of the house. Looks like it's been there for quite a while aswell so not sure if it any good or not? Pic attached.

IMG_2146.JPG

Cheers.

you have the coax cable coming from the dish has it an entry point and go into the house ?
if so attach it to your box it maybe pointing at either 19e or 13e which would get you a lot of channels there is some good fta sport on 19e boxing f1 darts fa cup footie
try it and find out what bird it looks at there is more to life than 28e if you want 28e negotiate a sub some get fullhd package under £25 a month £300 a year with a twin tuner1tb harddrive stb and installed
i will only miss not being able to use my gen card in my dreambox as it is a pain going between the two but you get used to it
and as for losing money how much have we hobbyists spent over the years on cards programmers cams etc and some will cry into there cornflakes for loosing a £36 skybox and a £20 a year shite cs sub

sd is still better then streaming a football match so no complaints from me happy with what i get :) plus the mrs has the sky package so no loss to her.

you have the coax cable coming from the dish has it an entry point and go into the house ?
if so attach it to your box it maybe pointing at either 19e or 13e which would get you a lot of channels there is some good fta sport on 19e boxing f1 darts fa cup footie
try it and find out what bird it looks at there is more to life than 28e if you want 28e negotiate a sub some get fullhd package under £25 a month £300 a year with a twin tuner1tb harddrive stb and installed
i will only miss not being able to use my gen card in my dreambox as it is a pain going between the two but you get used to it
and as for losing money how much have we hobbyists spent over the years on cards programmers cams etc and some will cry into there cornflakes for loosing a £36 skybox and a £20 a year shite cs sub

Just rigged it up with a plug and some extra cable, nothing coming up though. Setting sat to single and automatic search on tuner finds nothing on 13e, 19e, 28.2e etc. I goto sat finder and nothing in there either. Shame :(

Cheers.

Irish forum poster saying that a Lithuanian server has cracked the HD on 28e. As of yet no link to confirm this post.

Anyone any further info on this please post or pm me.

Your going to get this..rumour after rumour..don't hold your breath.

i have also just read about the Lithuanian rumour
on a few other forums

no screenshot to back it up
allways someone who knows from a Good Source
whats a good
Source ?
brown or red

as they say in Lithuanian
Tai visiškas mėšlas

Check dishpoiter.com to see where its aiming.

Just had a look there and going by what the site says its pointing towards 28.2E, 23.5E(c), 19.2E etc. But box detects nothing at all. Thinks its broken lol, it doesn't look tilted or anything either so maybe its been blew out of alignment with wind or something. Looks yonks old aswell lol.

Cheers.

Just had a look there and going by what the site says its pointing towards 28.2E, 23.5E(c), 19.2E etc. But box detects nothing at all. Thinks its broken lol, it doesn't look tilted or anything either so maybe its been blew out of alignment with wind or something. Looks yonks old aswell lol.

Cheers.

if it looks old it might be from the analogue days when sky was on 19,2e and the lnb would not be digital so could be the reason not picking up a signal or maybe a break in the cable if you are feeling brave you could change the lnb and see if any cable breaks

if it looks old it might be from the analogue days when sky was on 19,2e and the lnb would not be digital so could be the reason not picking up a signal or maybe a break in the cable if you are feeling brave you could change the lnb and see if any cable breaks

agreed m8 it looks like a 60cm mesh from astra1a analogue days with a 10ghz lnb on it. OP set the satellite on [email protected], L.O.F. to 10ghz in the lnb set up and do a blind scan from 10.95ghz to 11.70ghz to see if it picks anything up. regards mdt

agreed m8 it looks like a 60cm mesh from astra1a analogue days with a 10ghz lnb on it. OP set the satellite on [email protected], L.O.F. to 10ghz in the lnb set up and do a blind scan from 10.95ghz to 11.70ghz to see if it picks anything up. regards mdt

Just had a go there and nothing mate. Not sure if the settings are correct there and I also don't have a blind scan option?

Cheers.

-112000-013.jpg-112000-053.jpg

Set LNB at 9750 L
10600 H

Then do automatic scan see what happens

No joy mate, think she's a gonner lol. :'( - I was also getting a little icon of a sat dish with arrows under it as if to say move it, however it seems to have gone now. Could that mean its not pointed properly maybe?

-112000-024.jpg

thats a old marconi blue cap analogue lnb
you wont get a signal from that on a digital sat box

analogue broadcasting on Astra 19.2 will close down on 30 April 2012, marking the end of analogue satellite in Europe

Last edited:
So it isn't my c/s source then damn.

My 5 pennies worth.

The new system is almost certain fixable via software changes, the question is will we see that in the public domain. Its possible any workaround will be kept in private circles only. Its also possible box manufacturers may exploit the situation and make any fixes only work on new boxes.

My curse has struck, usually if I join something it goes tits up soon after, I started using c/s only about 6 months ago.

Am I right that if someone owns a 3rd party box such as a solo2 and has a legit sky subscription, this change will still stop that working?

At least SD still works (for now) so isn't end of the world.

Back