Satronics.co.uk - Improvements & Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Payments are automatically taken at time of order, and we have improved email support.

DM800 is now back in stock (both models)
DM518S is back in stock

DM500S - Out of stock, expected stock end of the week.

Thanks
Satronics

and is it showing correctly on your web site?

everything but 500S are in stock, as advertised on website.

Stock levels are correct,
Support is online now.

don't forget code

DW5OFF and WORLDCUP2010

Free delivery expires sunday.

Thanks
Satronics

um I got my dm518s within a few days too but there seems to be so many other people moaning and another thread was also opened moaning about this company. Not sure if I should chance another buy however as mentioned I did not have an issue with my first purchase, It was with me in a few days but as support and communication is shite not sure about buying another lol.

Codes also did not work last time due to some admin error limiting purchase amount too

um I got my dm518s within a few days too but there seems to be so many other people moaning and another thread was also opened moaning about this company. Not sure if I should chance another buy however as mentioned I did not have an issue with my first purchase, It was with me in a few days but as support and communication is shite not sure about buying another lol.

Codes also did not work last time due to some admin error limiting purchase amount too

Hello,

If you didn't have a problem first time you won't now

Code's were not working due to my error as there was a minimum spend set at £75 which was removed.

Thanks
Satronics.co.uk

P.S any order before 2PM is going out the same day!

everything but 500S are in stock, as advertised on website.

Stock levels are correct,
Support is online now.

don't forget code

DW5OFF and WORLDCUP2010

Free delivery expires sunday.

Thanks
Satronics

Tempted for a DM518S, i see its in the worldcupsection discounted, can i add the dw5off code at checkout?

Just an update about Satronics.
I purchased a Dm 500 that was in stock and a Dm 800 hd which was out of stock.
Initially there was a slight hiccup saying they posted the Dm 500 but after a conversation with Josh on their live chat he apoligised for the mistake and delay and i got both orders on Thursday.
Ive followed the posts about Satronics and do feel they need to sort out their logistics but all i can say from my point of view is they have competitive prices,live support and would buy from them again.

Andy.

I ordered a DM8000HD on saturday and it is now tuesday and it is still not posted? Any reason for this....

Also, Tried calling your shop and got no answer at all......terrible mate, I'll give it to the end of friday to be here otherwise I would like a refund.

Hi everyone,

Satronics really should improve there customer support.

I purchased a DM800HD PVR Ferrari sim from satronics on the 7th of July (the world cup special offer *** please note that this does not come with the newer Rev L3 Tuner. it has the problematic rev J). Anyway, the unit amazingly arrived next day.

The first thing I noticed when I got it, was that it had a scratch on the casing and the dvb c/t backplate was missing. Also when I plugged it in and started to setup the system (apporx after an hour of use) the machine started making a strange tzz tzz tzz tzz sound (like fast ticking). It would not stop until I disconnected the power. I did the updates thru the menus thinking it would fix it, but after a while the strange tzzing sound started again.

Also the machine sometimes reboots itself for no reason and then refuses to come back on unless I disconnect and reconnect it multiple times. Just before it reboots I sometimes hear a loud tzz sound and the TV makes a loud crackling sound. I checked the power chord and all cables for any defects/problems but cannot find any. They are securely seated. This is not fit for purpose.

I emailed satronics (because live support is ALWAYS offline) and explained the above, and I said if you advise me to do so; I will flash the box with a different image to see if the problem goes away.

The short/abrupt emails he sent back basically said that you do not get a c/t backplate with the the unit and that the tuner is not rev L3. He never responded to my asking about re-flashing the box and the tzzing sound. So I haven't re-flashed it.

I waited till monday (12th) for an answer. I did not get any. So I then politely asked for a RMA number and instructions to send the unit back (within 7 days) for a full refund. which he refuses. I have asked him three times now.

He still has not responded to my last email.

When a company treats its customers like this how can they expect to do business.

Hi everyone,

Satronics really should improve there customer support.

I purchased a DM800HD PVR Ferrari sim from satronics on the 7th of July (the world cup special offer *** please note that this does not come with the newer Rev L3 Tuner. it has the problematic rev J). Anyway, the unit amazingly arrived next day.

The first thing I noticed when I got it, was that it had a scratch on the casing and the dvb c/t backplate was missing. Also when I plugged it in and started to setup the system (apporx after an hour of use) the machine started making a strange tzz tzz tzz tzz sound (like fast ticking). It would not stop until I disconnected the power. I did the updates thru the menus thinking it would fix it, but after a while the strange tzzing sound started again.

Also the machine sometimes reboots itself for no reason and then refuses to come back on unless I disconnect and reconnect it multiple times. Just before it reboots I sometimes hear a loud tzz sound and the TV makes a loud crackling sound. I checked the power chord and all cables for any defects/problems but cannot find any. They are securely seated. This is not fit for purpose.

I emailed satronics (because live support is ALWAYS offline) and explained the above, and I said if you advise me to do so; I will flash the box with a different image to see if the problem goes away.

The short/abrupt emails he sent back basically said that you do not get a c/t backplate with the the unit and that the tuner is not rev L3. He never responded to my asking about re-flashing the box and the tzzing sound. So I haven't re-flashed it.

I waited till monday (12th) for an answer. I did not get any. So I then politely asked for a RMA number and instructions to send the unit back (within 7 days) for a full refund. which he refuses. I have asked him three times now.

He still has not responded to my last email.

When a company treats its customers like this how can they expect to do business.

I have never heard of extra backplates shipped with clones, do you receive this with an original?
The load noise is probably a wire or a capacitor that is rubbing onto the fan below the tuner, you should really open the box (carefully incase you need to send it back) check the tuner is mounted correctly and that there are no wires or components sticking into the fan.

Finally im not on satroics payroll or anything, just giving some advice as i have had issues with clones myself.

@thecoogster
yes you get it with an original. maybe not with the clone.
i have opened it up to reseat the tuner and check for faults. my box does not have a fan in it not even a heatsink. and believe me when i tell you that it heats up so much that it burns when you touch the case.
i believe that is the cause of the problems.

@thecoogster
yes you get it with an original. maybe not with the clone.
i have opened it up to reseat the tuner and check for faults. my box does not have a fan in it not even a heatsink. and believe me when i tell you that it heats up so much that it burns when you touch the case.
i believe that is the cause of the problems.

Well this tells me someone is buying all of the OLD stock of 800's without fans inside and with the old sims and tuners, popping Ferrari SIMs in and selling them as new models. I have had a clone for about a year, it was a SIM 1.0 and a rev k tuner and this had the heatsink and fan in.

Cunts Trick in my book

SEND IT BACK AND CONTACT CREDIT CARD COMPANY!

@thecoogster
that is exactly what i think. i have asked him for a full refund three times now and he has refused. he said that i damaged the unit by (now get this...) updating thru the menus. and that because i have used the unit i cannot get a refund. also my unit has only 128mb. not the advertised 256mb.

I was under the impression that most of the china based factories...started incorporating Rev L3 tuners about 6 months ago..Fans and heatsinks were introduced even before this..

Definitely sounds likes you've been sold old stock...over 6 months old..either that or it's a very poor clone from a dodgy factory...

More and more stories come out every day....it's a good job this thread exists to warn people..hopefull it links of Google as well...

Last edited:
@gsmtech, thecoogster
yes... looks like iv'e been sold an old defective unit. and now he is trying his best not to refund me for it. he still has not responded to my last email.
and notice how he has not responded to this yet...

i believe this thread should be elevated somehow, so as to warn others. when you click on new posts this thread does not appear. maybe because it is in the vouchers and codes section. what can we do to change that?

The views expressed by the members do not necessarily reflect those of the moderators or administration team

Distance selling regulations covers you for this. You have not damaged the item and are within your full rights to return it and get a refund

@pimped
you absolutely are correct, my last email to him i quoted the distance selling act. i still have not heard from him (typical and predictable).

have you all noticed; that when he wants to let people know about stock levels etc. he posts here. but is to afraid to come here and discuss this.

basically he sold me a old defective fanless/heatsinkless unit that overheats and causes problems and now refuses to refund me or even communicate with me.

what a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back