Satronics.co.uk - Improvements & Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
just covering DW's Back ;) lol

he may be trying to delay the returns procedure so the 7 days distance selling act time expires. but i have been in touch with trading standards who have told me that because i contacted him with my dissatisfaction within the 7 day period, he would have to abide by it.
he is causing the delay not me.

also i have now contacted my credit card company.
sent moneybrokers an email.

still no answer to my last email from satronics.
well satronics... why don't you want to discuss this with us. i would like to hear your explanation.

Pity they don't accept paypal, it says in paypals small print if you are sent a clone or fake of something, you can keep the product and they will issue refund, based on you proving the fact.

@gersrt
that would be nice... although i could never trust this thing. it's a fire hazard.

can anyone please tell me why this thread does not appear when you click on 'new posts'. am i doing something wrong. i really believe that people should be aware of what satronics are doing to its customers.

still no answer from satronics.
he may have an explanation...

maybe the unit was from a bad batch...
maybe it was sent by mistake...
maybe the person who packed it tried to pull a fast one and replaced it with his old unit and took my new unit...
maybe...

without him talking to us how can we tell.
what will others think of you.

come on satronics say something.

@evastar
thank you for that. it now makes sense. thought it was because of me.

Hello,
I too have had some issues with satronics.

Firstly the tuner on a 500 did not work correctly after 2 months usage so I sent it back and nearly a month on I got no response from him so I pm him on another form where he said he would send one out the next day.

2 weeks later and im still waiting.

Also my 800 which I bought from him will not boot (even when plugged in for hours it remains cold) and I really dont know whether I should send it back to him or what action I can take to fix the problem.

The box is still in warranty but if I did return it and he ever decided to fix it I would probably be waiting a number of Months for it to come to me.

Can anyone offer me some advice as to what action I should take with the box

...Also my 800 which I bought from him will not boot (even when plugged in for hours it remains cold) and I really dont know whether I should send it back to him or what action I can take to fix the problem.
Appart from checking the fuse in the wall plug there will be little else you can do that doesn't risk voiding the warranty.

@settopbox
yes check the fuse and then check to see if your dm800 has a fan/heatsink in it. if not, you were sold an old unit. it may have overheated and a component may have failed. if you do send it back to satronics for repairs be prepared to never see it again. and a whole lot of grief.

good luck.

i just called satronics on 01244 630 204 and left a message asking for someone to call me back. hopefully someone in charge may respond to my problem.

still no reply at all from satronics. live support still offline as well.
in the "satronics (problems or not)" thread the administrator 'davidh' before closing the thread said, he spoke to josh farmer and that if anybody with problems who posted on that thread PM's him with their order number he will pass the message on to josh.

davidh if you are listening to this, i did not post on that thread so i have not PM'ed you. but if you don't mind helping me; my order number is 246.

please see https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/238334/

Last edited by a moderator:
@settopbox
yes check the fuse and then check to see if your dm800 has a fan/heatsink in it. if not, you were sold an old unit. it may have overheated and a component may have failed. if you do send it back to satronics for repairs be prepared to never see it again. and a whole lot of grief.

good luck.

I bought a DM 800 in the first week in April, it took us a week to get it to boot up, once it did the tuner was faulty, I asked him what to do and he said he will send me one L3 I'm still waiting, they keep saying he is cheap yes for what he is saleing a lot of old shi* so in the long run is not cheap but a con..
the only one thing one can do is go to the bank where you got the card you paid with, they will tell you to send it back registered and give them the register silp, they refund you from the bank insurance, then they deal him themself. and to Mr Farmer I'm still waiting the Tuner on your website you have 23 in stock...

@maltese falcon
that is bad, a unusable dm800 since april.
i hope you get your L3 tuner soon.
but still, check to see if you have a fan/heatsink in the unit. if not, even if you get the L3 you will have massive overheating problems.

i have contacted my credit card company. they wrote a report and said that they would be in touch after they contact "merchant banking" (or something like that)

@ sk666
It has no fan but I ordered a fan pad becuase somebody told me it run hot also I ordered a hd 260G which was to come all fitted and ready / NO all in the box he knew it was no use to fitted, if the box don't boot what's the use, I ordered the 800 for the W.cup to see it in HD, I have an original DM600 not once I had any problems with it..
good luck, mate, going with the dogs for a swam its 32c to day / keep cool if you can help it!!!!

The 800 I bought from him in Feb of this year was paid for using Google Checkout and paid fro with a credit card.

Does anyone know what rights if any I have or could anyone recommend what the best course of action I should Take.

Thanks

Just spoke to the guy on the Phone and he seemed helpful enough.
Told me to send him the Box and he would take a look at it.

Last edited:
The 800 I bought from him in Feb of this year was paid for using Google Checkout and paid fro with a credit card.

Does anyone know what rights if any I have or could anyone recommend what the best course of action I should Take.

Thanks

You are not covered by section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act when making purchases through 3rd parties, including Google Checkout, PayPal, MoneyBookers ect. The reason for this is you buy credit with a 1:1 ratio to the local currency from the 3rd party. It is the credit that you then use for the purchase.

You could ask for a clawback, but will depend on your card issuer...

It has been decided that this thread should now come to a close

Admin gave Satronics a chance to put right the wrongs members now and old where posting about,it seems after several weeks nothing much has changed

DigitalWorldz has nothing to do with Satronics in any way,shape or form

all the information is in this thread how to contact Satronics
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 01244630204
LiveSupport

any further posts will be removed

Admin Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back