Satellite Suggestions

@snapman, thanks mate will get them updated tonight pal.

I have added more support to the tehcnomate sections:

Technomate Receivers

The plan is to support the latest receivers directly going forward, however when a newer version comes out that will be FIRST page supported, and the legacy product will become a subforum of the new receiver.

IE (EXAMPLE ONLY)

Technomate Receivers
--Technomate TM-6904HD (I made this up)
----Technomate TM-6902HD (This is the latest)
--Technomate TM-5409HD
----Technnomate TM-5402HD

So basically the legacy item will become a sub forum of the newest version to save on space...

Let me know what you think

Mick

Sounds good. However, would it not be an idea to have them forking out of the two main categories? Linux and Standard (perhaps renaming it to non-linux). In any case, as much as I like compartmentation, there will always be the scenario of something that does not fit into a category.

Bit disappointed that nobody else has responded to the Solo/Solo2 issue. They are worlds apart.

Bit disappointed that nobody else has responded to the Solo/Solo2 issue. They are worlds apart.

I'm not sure what the problem you are refering to is but as I dont have either box, I cannot help, plus the fact most of us have a life outside the forum also limits the amount we can do :)

Mick asked for others' opinion on solo/solo2 being in one section.

Abu, I have just missed it pal...

Or forgot :(

Tell me what needs to be done and once in from shopping with the mrs (I dunno how she did this magic trick) I will sort it out mate.

Cheers it's much appreciated.

Also I do not like the whole non linux and Linux forums, to wide spread and no targeted for me... We will fade them out or change them to legacy over time.

I did all this without a Technomate or any real technomate experience, so there maybe some mistakes.... I am doing the same for the Dreambox too in the next few days

Cheers

Mick
------///------
Sent Via TT

Mick asked for others' opinion on solo/solo2 being in one section.

Well as stated I cannot help as I dont own one, and maybe the people that do don't see a problem,
I just don't think it needs to be described as "disappointing" is all,there are far more disappointing things in life ;)

The solo/solo2 and Duo/Duo2 are worlds apart spec wise but once flashed everything else you use on them can be used mostly on both boxes and usage is well the same due to them running images by the same team.

Personally don't think there's a need for separate discussion sections just image sections and we already have those.

Hi @Mick. Just got this idea from a new thread- how about a 'lost & found' section? For channels that change from one transponder to another. I noticed BT Sports cropping up a few times recently for example... just a thought!

Meanwhile I echo @AJT's sentiments. A great job being done all round, so glad I discovered the forum when I did. Big thanks to all :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
The solo/solo2 and Duo/Duo2 are worlds apart spec wise but once flashed everything else you use on them can be used mostly on both boxes and usage is well the same due to them running images by the same team.

Personally don't think there's a need for separate discussion sections just image sections and we already have those.
Very valid point. In essence, most E2 receivers work the same. Do people think it would be better to have a General discussion section and people can prefix their threads if necessary for receiver specific issues.

Hi @Mick. Just got this idea from a new thread- how about a 'lost & found' section? For channels that change from one transponder to another. I noticed BT Sports cropping up a few times recently for example... just a thought!
On another forum, they have a section for transponder changes. I believe it is automated, gets data from kingofsat etc. Lots of bot posts though.

We already have a section for transponder changes,which is kept up to date by a few different people

Could maybe do with being a bit more obvious though

@snapman, thanks mate will get them updated tonight pal.

I have added more support to the tehcnomate sections:

Technomate Receivers

The plan is to support the latest receivers directly going forward, however when a newer version comes out that will be FIRST page supported, and the legacy product will become a subforum of the new receiver.

IE (EXAMPLE ONLY)

Technomate Receivers
--Technomate TM-6904HD (I made this up)
----Technomate TM-6902HD (This is the latest)
--Technomate TM-5409HD
----Technnomate TM-5402HD

So basically the legacy item will become a sub forum of the newest version to save on space...

Let me know what you think

Mick
@Mick , the bits ive highlighted in red, edit the post to say TM-6902HD M2 and TM5402HD M2 , for search engines ;)

:( I can't abide bot posting :(

what about a section for what to install outside the house... dish/motor/jack/lnb ect ect,regards mdt

What about a C Band section? There's a couple of us on here that are active on it and European based information is thin on the ground so it would be good to have another point of reference.

What about a C Band section? There's a couple of us on here that are active on it and European based information is thin on the ground so it would be good to have another point of reference.

Where would you place it in regards to the satellite sections m8?

Would it fit into the fringe reception area?

Back