Satellite Suggestions

Are you talking about the downloads or the forums - OR maybe both ;)
Lets do both. Sample at h**p://www.opena.tv/forum/vbdownloads.php?categoryid=1

What is OE1.6 and OE 2.0 - where would you like me to put them :)
Mick
Have a look at the tsmedia ipks examples. Hopefully someone can explain better.

Last edited:
Lets do both. Sample at h**p://www.opena.tv/forum/vbdownloads.php?categoryid=1
Have a look at the tsmedia ipks examples. Hopefully someone can explain better.

You explained very well ;)

But I am unsure what tsmedia is - I do know what IPKS is though ;)....

I think I could do the downloads, as that would need a small photoshop of the images to fit sizes etc...

However the forums would be quite tricky and would need the help of @snapman and the graphic GURUS to match the icons we already use sat_forum_new-48.png compatible

But we will have a go, and if it can make browsing DW a better experience, that would be great.

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

Last edited:
with regards

OE1.6 & OE 2.0

they have own images plugins kinda etc

do same job

OE 2.0 the way forward though

with regards forum i would say clean the lot

sat or whatever needs doing

with regards

OE1.6 & OE 2.0

they have own images plugins kinda etc

do same job

OE 2.0 the way forward though

where would these sections go :)

downloads section mate

that covers it

depending on what you wish for

i would have all sat stuff standing out first see when log on

or IPTV etc

Last edited:
no should be being moderated

the way forward is clean up to date forums

I would like to take the opportunity to ask you amazing members what you would like to see in the satellite areas, or anything you would change.

Please be honest, We have really thick skin lol... and it might help us make the satellite area better for everyone :)

Best Suggestion WINS a £10... I know most of you do it for the love of the site lol... but its a tenner and its just to show our appreciation for your help!

Thank you.

Mick

hello
mick and ALL

i think that it would be good to have a section for new people to help them navagate around the site, ie where they would go to find patch's/images, channel list's/ autobuqests, plugins/logo's, softcams/newcam'cams, wot they are looking for and wot they want to achieve hear-wot they would like to achieve in general, we all have learned but it is a big learning curve for most and was for ME back in the day and can still be in some term's today as we are always learning and with out knowing where to go you could give up AS most of us have thought of doing when trying to get somthing to work but we keep going some times out of just not wanting to give up and also sometimes because we have been help't/shown where to look to find wot we are looking for, im not trying to take that away as it is best bit of the hobby but only look to help people get past there frist hurdle so they can see that they can go forward and get to where they want to be, in saying that i would also put to you that new pep's should with that added have to view a certain amount of post's or have it that you have to enter a code like you would when setting up say hotmail/paypal acount so to keep it underground, on reflection my best advice i think i can give at this time is to make the site more underground but easy for real people to get around the site, in my view this is our way forward.
hope this helps :)
just to add if you could go more underground with making users having to put in text to establish your not who you dont want on the site ;) then have another form of that for downloading channel list's/images basically make the site tight for that but free for looking ;)
to further add, the site has got a big following so use that and make it a word of mouth site witch IMO would raise the profile of hear ;)

Last edited:
Problem with your particular request regarding sat cards is not many use them,which is why you have had no luck ,

We try to cover as much as is possible but its really only the more relevant stuff that gets good coverage

I hear what you are saying and I am not knocking this excellent site in anyway shape or form but we are now in the age where the pc plays a very important roll 6 of my friends have ditched their sky /virgin etc pay tv and switched too building media centers converted from their pc's I have learned a lot on this site and I am gratefull
I thankyou all for the time you put in here too help others

Delete some uploads. Do we need channel lists are two tears old?

I will go through all mine and delete previous Bouquets :)

although I do think having old files is a good thing, not bouquets so much but older plugins/images as some prefer older versions and its nice to have the choice

:)

Last edited:
I will go through all mine and delete previous Bouquets :)

although I do think having old files is a good thing, not bouquets so much but older plugins/images as some prefer older versions and its nice to have the choice

:)

The problem with deleting old files is they have excellent pull to the forums from being in google a long time... It would be better to edit that file and put a link to the newer version or a small statement saying this file is not the newest version even.

It takes the same amount if clicks to edit a file or to delete one.

Can't the post just be edited with the newer attachment, i.e update?

Yes, but... IE some plugin.1.3.4 but you would update the file and it would not be consistent with the title.

And if you changed the name (title) it would be the same as deleting the file you would lose the page on google and the likes...

Why is it an issue to add a new file?

Mick

Small suggestion for the consoles section, add an Android Consoles forum, there's a tonne coming out Gamestick, Madcatz Mojo, etc. some are already out Ouya for example. They don't quite fit in any category but are getting pretty popular all the same.

I suggest being very cautious when deleting old files - channel lists OK, but other stuff can be very handy. For example I have a couple of boxes that are no longer supported by their supplier (shame on them) and after a recent crash had to reconstitute my build. Old copies of various plug-ins, FAQs, tools etc were all a lifesaver.

btw great forum

Rob

I suggest being very cautious when deleting old files - channel lists OK, but other stuff can be very handy. For example I have a couple of boxes that are no longer supported by their supplier (shame on them) and after a recent crash had to reconstitute my build. Old copies of various plug-ins, FAQs, tools etc were all a lifesaver.

btw great forum

Rob

There will be no deleting of files lol... We intend to have a very large database of files for all sorts of satellite items including old boxes, new boxes, old plugins, new pluginx, etc...

We want to stay current, but we also want backwards compatibility with legacy items too.

I do completely understand that old channel lists is kinda stupid though, but on the other hand they will have great SEO for the forums... we need to find a balance :)

I cross swords quite often with mods, vip, technical members on the subject of old useless tat lol... but from my point of view I am a hoarder only in the sense of SEO and bringing members to the site.

It's kind of like this, mods/VIP/Technical Members get a sense of usefulness from helping members, and quality content that they bring to the site... I get that same usefulness by bringing members to them, which means I annoy them with old shit in the process.

Mick

like the new look to site :)
winter is coming :eater:

Last edited:
Re: Satellite Suggestions THIS IS UPDATED

Can't the post just be edited with the newer attachment, i.e update?

Yes, but... IE some plugin.1.3.4 but you would update the file and it would not be consistent with the title.

And if you changed the name (title) it would be the same as deleting the file you would lose the page on google and the likes...

Why is it an issue to add a new file?

Mick

you can do this easily, when youre adding a file to the thread, edit the 'Title:' area, that way the existing title is in place, and the new one, and both files, users can then google the filename, or the full file name including version, and end up on the same thread

copy and paste the title at the top of this post into google, and youll see this thread on page one, and in a while, this thread will be number 1 on page 1 using the same search terms

Back