San Fran Pauls R3 release for MRCI??

Colin

Inactive User
Reaction score
Seems to have disapeard anyone got a link ot the firmware? the phone has been rooted but cant find the correct flash should be around a 90mb file?

here is the link -

Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: mcri-systemr3.tar.gz

md5 - 03105BBBF5120535C8921075822A1B67

hopefully it will be right.

i am using the r4 release, it seems to be fine as well. Paul has uploaded 2 versions, one with custom addons - one without. plus there is a support for A2SD - so if you with to try that. if you dont like , u can always switch back to r3.

Just ordered one of these seeing the mrs dropped her other, where did you get them unlocked? and is it better to root it etc?

i got the unlock code from nck codes, online -cost me $4, but think they are available cheaper on fleebay. but i went for nck cuz everyone has given a good feedback for them.

as for rooting, it just helps you with tweaking around with your phone - apps and settings, cuz there are some applications which require root access.

however i am not sure if it can be harmful to have it rooted. its all about RnD for me

here is the link -

Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: mcri-systemr3.tar.gz

md5 - 03105BBBF5120535C8921075822A1B67

hopefully it will be right.

i am using the r4 release, it seems to be fine as well. Paul has uploaded 2 versions, one with custom addons - one without. plus there is a support for A2SD - so if you with to try that. if you dont like , u can always switch back to r3.

superb mate cheers out of interest do you have the mcri for r4 as well??? and do you know if this one has the a2sd support?

unfortunately no,
cuz pual is just giving the updates from after r3, in .zip format.

why dont u install the clockmod recovery, its pretty good. i havnt had any problems with it, and easier to do the custom roms

also they are testing the 2.2 froyo . its currently on alpha stage..

so looking forward to try that as well.

the r3 doesnt have a2sd, but think you can add to it. unsure how you do it.

Last edited:
Guys can some one do a little tut for me, I have read about rooting the phone etc but a little confused :)

I have fast boot, I have boot-blade super root, and then also recovery-clockwork.

This is where I get puzzled, do I still need the boot-blade? or just the clockwork now for the latest roms?

So if you could a little tut for how to root it, or which way is best/easiest. then I put the rom on memory card and select recovery and point it at file?

cheers

right, not sure if i am going to be clear your doubts or even confuse you more.. will just give it a try

fast boot is the file/exe you will be using to flash your phone. (its like a command file which tells what to do)

and boot.blade will be the file that will be used as the flash ( just like the firmware) boot.blade will root your phone and put superuser icon for you within your applications

and clockworkmod is the file which when you flash your phone with will put recovery on your phone, which you can use to update your rom using the custom update.zip files which are going around.

i have been using modaco website for all my rom updates and have learnt everything i know from there mostly.

its also got a beginners guide there, which is different than the way i flashed my phone.

have a look there, and if its still confusing you, give us a shout and i shall tell you what and how i flashed mine .

so r4-update-modacocustomrom-blade-signed.zip which I downloaded from modaco needs to be a .tar.gz file? wtf why are they shipping it as a .zip then?

good job osx will convert it but weird I would have to.

and cheers for the break down m8 I get it now.

so r4-update-modacocustomrom-blade-signed.zip which I downloaded from modaco needs to be a .tar.gz file? wtf why are they shipping it as a .zip then?

good job osx will convert it but weird I would have to.

and cheers for the break down m8 I get it now.

No Zad, that message was for Colin because he wanted to flash the rom using fastboot, think he has not installed clockmod recovery

But for you - i would suggest get the clockmod recovery and all you do then is copy the zip file onto your sd card / rename it to update.zip

enter recovery by turning off the phone, and then turning it back on by holding the volume down key, and u wil get the recovery screen.
and then select - install from sd card using update.zip ( something like that)

and that should flash your phone with the new rom.

and you select the reboot the phone after you return to the menu

that should be it really.

Back