Religion V's Atheism

We were planted on Earth by Aliens and are being observed by them.

Yep. Do you honestly think we're the only intelligent life form in the whole known universe ;)

I saw Zeitgeist earlier, it's a powerful and truthful debunking of Religion. However, just to clarify how I worded my post earlier, I'm with the teachings of Jesus and not religion. Jesus wasn't a Jew or a Christian. He was Jesus :) Also, on the film I like the theory that the Devil saw what was coming and planted those earlier 'clones' (you'll see wot I mean if you watch it)

Why would all 'early' civilizations have a God like deity arrive/be in the history books with ALL the same attributes , throughout the whole world more or less all at once?? (to prepare?) and why is Jesus the last one? and obviously there's no proof of his existence as it was all destroyed why would the govt of the time want that getting out? a hidden hand says I.

ps. Dinosaurs (!) were a beta test of life on earth

I'll sit back and read ur happy responses now with a sly grin, a wiggle and a tipple ;)

Peace and Love.

you lost me a bit there english,i think ill have to watch it again (my memorys s**t)

our level of comprehension is far to limited...........................
It's a good topic but shallow minds could turn it in to sh*t in an instant. Lets just hope they don't.

i disagree with everything you said but i agree with the 2 sentences above..................by the way i believe in god and his prophets....peace.

at&t on page one-said it proper.
I was brought up catholic - dropped oot when i was about 12-13.

no mattre wot religion you ar / wannabe/ have bbeen - it dunnt matter - basically there is a reasin why all theese human body' s are typing away on keyboardss looking at monit9ors. wherr havve mind coe from, why have we got one, and are they recycled??

2 much beer - maybe but i have my brliefs

your just a product of your enviroment...you get brought up being abused....you become the abuser

you get brought up in religion...chances are you will follow that religion

we are trained from birth from whatever influence which makes you the person you are today....

say i was born into a family of competitive people who loved sports and nothing but and loved the thrill of that sport....chances are that i would grow up to be like that too........coz i know nothing else and that was my influence as a child....so i am effectivly a product of that enviroment

Last edited:
I used to go to Sunday School & the BB's as a kid, but religion was never hammered into me, & for that I'm greatful.

I used to watch some of my m8's on a Sunday asking other people (who went to chapel) who said the Mass?

I found this totally laughable, their parents used to ask them all about it, and if they got any tiny detail wrong, they were punished. What a fantastic relgion they subscribed to LoL.

I do believe that if peoples faith help them through times of trouble, then good luck to them, I will not knock it. As long as they don't force it on other people, and it does not harm anyone else.

What I DO object to is people forcing their so called religion onto others.
Religion should be a matter of choice for the individual.

I do not believe in any deity, but I DO firmly believe in treating others as I wish to be treated myself. I have not issues with people of any race, creed, or colour.
If they treat me with respect, I treat them the same.

Similarly, if I am treated direspectfully, the offender can go & pap $h1te at themselves.

My Dad was the eldest in a family of 5 when his parents passed away. He was 16 at the time & had just started working (this was in the '50's).

The Catholic church which he was brought up with, started asking for part of his wages to fund them...bear in mind he was the sole breadwinner of the family, was 16, and had 2 sisters & 2 brothers to feed...He promptly told them to fook off.

As a result of that, he has never followed any religion & my brother & I were brought up as Protestants.

Nowadays...I consider myself more of an Agnostic, rather than an Atheist.

More importantly, I respect others, as long as the courtesy is returned.
--
"I contend we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours"

Jean-Paul Sartre

at&t on page one-said it proper.
I was brought up catholic - dropped oot when i was about 12-13.

no mattre wot religion you ar / wannabe/ have bbeen - it dunnt matter - basically there is a reasin why all theese human body' s are typing away on keyboardss looking at monit9ors. wherr havve mind coe from, why have we got one, and are they recycled??

2 much beer - maybe but i have my brliefs

Yes...I do believe you have had too much beer, but you are very welcome to your beliefs & I applaud you for that :)

I believe in science.

In my eyes, religion is more trouble than it's worth. Organised religion has played a huge part in World conflicts over time.

I believe in science.

In my eyes, religion is more trouble than it's worth. Organised religion has played a huge part in World conflicts over time.

Sure, religion has played a part but if it hadn't have been that it would have been something else.

I think we'd always find a way towards conflict.

It's only my view, but I think the church has messed up big time. In WW's I & II it took both sides in the conflicts, leading to a huge loss of respect post-war in both cases. Religion should have stuck to religion instead of getting involved in politics. It certainly has made the world a better place on the whole, but it lost its way in the West at least.

religion is an entirely personal thing. Whether you choose to believe in something or not is purley up to you, as it what you choose to believe.

The church on the other hand, is a different matter. It offers a pre-packaged belief system for anyone who wants to pick it up and drop it whenever they need it. Some churchs/organised religions play on this for their own ends like some unscrupulous televangelicals and to a certain extent some middle eastern religous schools.

I think there needs to be a distinction between faith and the church.

I think there needs to be a distinction between faith and the church.

I agree karym6. I've heard it said that there's only one God but some choose to call him Buddha, some Jesus, some Mohammed etc. and that all religions are simply different roads to the same place. I don't agree with that myself. For example the Aztecs used to rip out the still-beating hearts of their human sacrifices to present them to their god. Would the god of the Buddhists approve of that? Also, how can a Christian say Judaism is okay, when the New Testament says it was responsible for having Jesus executed? Can Jews worship the god of the Catholic church, a church that supported, and promoted, Hitlers' regime? Hindus treat as holy the same animals Jews sacrificed to god.

Each religion has to stand on its own merits, whether it is good or bad. (Therefore, there is much scope for organised religion to do terrible things, but there still be a God.)

Back