Religion V's Atheism

I challenge anyone to attempt to debunk these ideas, the movie is available as a free download from here.

No need, it's just more 9/11 conspiracy theory mixed in with more of the same. There's enough evidence to debunk it all readily available on the net.

All Hail Satan!!

Satan is God!!

I don't belie:Devil:ve God would allow such trouble in his world so I only believe in the DEVIL!!

I'm an agnostic evolutionist...

By which I mean I belive that evolution occurs, but don't object to the idea of an omnipotent being (God if you are one of the Abrahamic religions, Bahá'í or Sikh, Ishvara if you are Hindi) pushing it along/kick starting the whole thing. The point at which you choose to belive that any divine intervention may have occured, is upto you. Whether thats the big bang some 13.7bn years ago or creation of all things as they exist now only ~6000 years ago.

I always ponder the words of a great man, Albert Einstein, "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

I think he may have blown a few minds had he lived a while longer.

Remember him, was'nt he God at one point too

I keep meaning to get his book and have a read, but im not sure my puny brain could cope with his genius.

What a guy

Last edited by a moderator:
David Ike knows what hes on about! The Royal family are all reptiles! :)

What makes things interesting though is with the development of the internet, now more and more people can research history and cultures and make their own conclusions, rather than just being born into a community and accepting that is the be all and end all of everything.

The Egyptians were great Astronomers, as were the Mayans, and who knows if they knew more than we do, or if 2012 will be the end of the world?! : shocked2

I find it fascinating how so many beliefs have underling links such as reading about Alister Crowley and L Ron Hubbard who was the founder of Scientology, which in turn is related to so many more organisations. You can't believe everything you read of course... ;)

I myself believe in a divine force, and that maybe we shall see evidence of which in our lifetimes.

I was brought up religious till around the age of 13/14, I like to question this sort of thing.

Now, i dont believe in god at all and im in no way religious. The more i read about science and evoloution the more i believe in it.

My thoughts on the matter are that religion was created as a form of control just like the Government and the Police nowadays, but obviously none of that was around then so the "Bible" was created as a kind of guidance on how to live your life hence policing the nation (In its most basic form).

Hope I don't offend the believers.

I was brought up a Christian but no longer follow any religion.

I am interested in all the world's religious/spiritual teachings and I think they are filled with useful guidance.

The problem with religion - as I see it - is when those who follow it begin to think that only they are right.

If there is a god then he/she/it/they would, by definition, be so far beyond our ordinary understanding for us to be sure of anything.

No need, it's just more 9/11 conspiracy theory mixed in with more of the same. There's enough evidence to debunk it all readily available on the net.
did i mention 911? no i didnt that is not for this discussion, have you seen the first chapter of zeitgeist if not why the 911 comment,if you have seen it then what do you think does it make sense that is my question!

i dont believe in god. i believe we came from somewere else to be honest i dont know but i wish i did.for me i would believe the alien theory there is far more evidence supporting that than a supreme being. i also think religion is good for those that find salvation in it. i fully respect anyone who does belive in god. all i want from life is for my family to be warm safe and happy anything else is a bonus.

did i mention 911?

No, but the film and the website does.

"Though many different frauds are addressed in Zeitgeist, at the present time the most important issue is exposing 9/11 and thus exposing government sponsored Terrorism. If we do not, they will erode all of our civil liberties and an oppressive, military style, surveillance based Police State will take firm root."

I don't believe in any actual religion but i try hard to live my life in a good way and treat others how i would like to be treated.

If god/godess whoever ,still wont let me in after all this then it doesn't sound like heaven to me anyway so i will take my chances.

I personally believe that we are very young as a race of beings, and that our level of comprehension is far to limited to see beyond our existing laws of Physics.
I believe that the human mind has a consciousness that can exist outside of the physical being. However, I do not subscribe to one God and his chosen prophets of any form of religion. (why must god be a he anyway? personally i find the idea of god being female much more attractive).

Perhaps there is a possible form of ascension for us? yet although my mind is open to such a train of thought, it is not yet evloved enough to fully comprehend it and assert it as a fact, or to truly dennounce it as fiction.

We have so limited use of our brains that we cannot possibly at our stage of evolution comprehend anything outside our own laws of Physics, unless it is described such as a spritual act of God or in fact an act of demonic evil etc. It was not that long ago that we would have burnt someone alive as a devil worshipper, if anyone could take such a simple thing as a calculator back in time a few hundred years. Yet we evolved and are still evolving, not so long ago it was impossible to fly, to have an 'A' Bomb or to go in to space etc. We are still so very young and need to evolve so much more, lets just hope we don't all kill ourselves along the way.

It's a good topic but shallow minds could turn it in to sh*t in an instant. Lets just hope they don't.

Regards

Elevators

No, but the film and the website does.

"Though many different frauds are addressed in Zeitgeist, at the present time the most important issue is exposing 9/11 and thus exposing government sponsored Terrorism. If we do not, they will erode all of our civil liberties and an oppressive, military style, surveillance based Police State will take firm root."

so you hav'nt watched it then!
i was looking for informed opinions of the points raised in zeitgeist not a (i hav'nt seen it but my mind is already made up) opinion, im not saying that zeitgeist is 100% factual but if it is!

so you hav'nt watched it then!

Where did I say that? .....and that passage I quoted was copied and pasted from the Zeitgeist website. Are you trying to argue that black is white, or have I just wandered into the twilight zone?

This thread is supposed to be a serious exchange of views about religeon and atheism, not a platform for conspiracy theories.

We were planted on Earth by Aliens and are being observed by them.

"Are you trying to argue that black is white, or have I just wandered into the twilight zone?"
what?

"This thread is supposed to be a serious exchange of views about religeon and atheism, not a platform for conspiracy theories"

so are you saying that chapter 1 of zeitgeist is a conspiracy theory if so back this up, i never said it was true as i am no expert your the one saying its a conspiracy theory so prove it.

is it true that other religions follow a son of god who was a teacher/performed miracles/was betrayed/crucified/rose 3 days later and that some of these relegions predate christ if so thats a little "2 fishy" for me it sounds like they stole someone elses idea, as you know because youve seen it there are lots of points raised in zeitgeist that makes the christian religion soung bogus,

is this a serious exchang of views yet?

Back