reason for bad post in general site news

dont do it it"ll hurt

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
made a comment in migyy's thread here 'Gay' Penguins Inca And Rayas To Become Parents After Receiving Donated Egg - Page 2 have sent A PM TO MIGGY TO apologize
so i thought i should explain a little
have attached the letter i got from dwp yesterday
so according to this i would atm be forced to pay £130 each week towards my rent
from the list on the second doc i get
child benefit
housing benefit
child tax credit
job seekers
this amounts to £618 per week but put this into it
i am as some know i am a single parent of 4 aged 8-14 in private rented ( under the local council homeless system )
my son has problems which i try to deal with but am constantly in and out of the school with therefore the job centre say that i will never be able to keep a job even if i could get one in the first place so they say that i am unfit for work and planning to sanction me every 2 weeks so no j.s.a and struggling even more
cannot get dla for him ( still under appeal )
so here is the final thought that is going though my head
to stop this i need to
get a job ( even part time ) to stop the above but cant even if i got his dla back and went onto income support this would not help as i.s is included in the calculation
so this time next year the situation is that possible my kids will be in care and i will be homeless ( unless i am wrong and reading things wrong but i dont think i am )
but hey can still spend money for gay rights, immigrants to live here,and any other bull s**t they can come up with and now the final straw to providing fecking bent penguins a fecking egg
fecking coalition wan*ers are screwing this country even more than lefty labour did and getting paid for it
#put this here not in rant as it was for general viewing
going back to bed depressed good night

Last edited by a moderator:
Mate, the attached PDF's have your full name and address for everyone to see :'(

Ive removed the attachments for you mate in case you uploaded without editing personal details in error :)

thanks rat i did edit but looks like it never worked will look for a programme and up load again
Mate, the attached PDF's have your full name and address for everyone to see :'(
thanks m80
thanks to VectorZ here is the doc i posted earlier

Attachments

• benifit letter 4.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 72
Last edited:
I feel your pain mate - I had the dreaded letter too - fortunately we will just come under the limit so probably wont be affected but think of the people in London and the south east where rents are more than double the rest of the country. This policy is all about appeasing the middle classes who seem to think living on benefits is a lifestyle choice for everyone on them?

I know there are some people who fleece the system and get away with blue murder but believe me if they couldnt get the money in a semi legal way they would be robbing your house to get it anyway rather than be out at work.

This is all a result of the "sound bite" politics we have now. they can spout on about benefits scroungers as if its a major problem and half the country is on the take but in reality its just picking on an easy target. Same with motorists and smokers - its all about raising the income levels and reducing the amount paid out in the simplest way. With benefits they can make themselves sound like they are doing the country a great service too.

All that will happen is more families who are already in need (thats why they are on benefits) will be made to suffer - it will boil down to a choice between a roof over your head or something to eat. They will still bang on about kids having their "five a day" but they will be lucky if we can provide them with three meals a day let alone make sure its balanced!!

If we are not careful expect to see the return of the workhouse within two years!!

I have a feeling though that this "cap" nonsense will be removed quite soon - especially once they realise the bad press they will get once homeless and hungry families start to arrive at the steps of 10 Downing Street!!! They will realise the folly of it. Im sure they can come up with a fairer system that will stop people renting £2million pound Kensington mansions for £20k per month - how about a rent officer that will just say "no way - you are taking the piss - either find somewhere reasonably priced or get no help at all" - problem solved???

Last edited:
Feel your pain feck all. £600 odd in benifits per week and your greetin about having to pay 130 in rent.
Get real ffs. Most of us work our bollox off for a lot less and pay out most of it on bills etc. But hey thats life.
And Wtf has gay rights got to do with it. Gay people pay taxes as much as the next person, and certainly contribute more to the economy than you do
Im really surprised at you m8 it didnt think you were that shallow :(

How the hell are you supposed to find a job if you have 4 kids to look after, this is not good at all. Best thing you can do is go to the job centre interview and set your stall out plain and simple.Tell them if you must get a job it has to fit in with school or hospital appointments. To be honest mate I think they will find it very hard to match your requirements. Just turn up and see what they say at least you have turned up and let them know your circumstances.There must be a solution mate don't dwell on it though it will make you worse. Seek the right people out to help you ie citizens advice you cannot win this on your own.

Some people earn less than £250 a week.
Ur getting over £600 a week just in benefits????

I can understand if 1 of ur kids has a disability but if I were u at least try and find some cash in hand jobs ;)

£488 a week to live on a week.after you pay your rent. when i was on the cabs ad have to work 12/18 hrs a day 7 days a week.sorry m8 but thats a hell of a lot to live on..i dont get half of that and have to pay towards my rent. i dont mind paying it. i save money on food by freezing any left over's and having that in the week. am realy gob smacked by the amount ur getting m8

Lets be sensible guys,we don't know the full facts of his situation and until we do or have experienced it for ourselves then we shouldn't judge

Lets be sensible guys,we don't know the full facts of his situation and until we do or have experienced it for ourselves then we shouldn't judge
wiz am not judging any one m8. am only saying thats still a lot of money to live on for a week.we realy dont no how lucky we are in this country.and yet we still moan about the benefits we get.

Tough call for sure. 4 kids = approx £60 per week in CB. Tax Credits.....Dont understand them TBH as I dont have kids but from google I can see that it "seems" to work out at £192 per week for 4 kids (Is that right ?) JSA £70 ish per week. So I make that about £290 ish each week in your bank so they must be paying roughly 250 - 280 per week for rent ??? Seems pretty high to me mate.
Don't get me wrong I am not knocking you as that isnt going to help but if my figures are correct then you can see why some peeps may feel a tad "offended" by the amounts. What may help you is if you could find somewhere cheaper to live and/or get off JSA even for part time work. You could get help with this and also help with child minding costs ect.
You could try some sort of work from home type of thing like a ebay buisness or pc repair or whatever...just throwing out some ideas as I have no real idea of your skill set. I realise that 1 of your kids has special needs and so requires more of your time ect.....thats where the working form home would suit you more mate. Get the benefits total down a bit and you will be fine.
If all that fails then buy a load of grass and start dealing to make up the shortfall (Joke)

wiz am not judging any one m8. am only saying thats still a lot of money to live on for a week.we realy dont no how lucky we are in this country.and yet we still moan about the benefits we get.

Yes it is m8 but there may be genuine reasons for this which, maybe after he shells out for whatever it is, doesnt leave him any where near that amount to live on,

and I'm not having a go at anybody tbh just stating that all may not be what it seems at first glance

According to the info I have seen the new maximum for those with children is £500 per week. This includes rent and council tax benefit and child benefit too - so for example if you had 4 kids you may have out goings like this - £100 - 150 rent - if you dont live in an expensive part of the world (In south wales where i am a 4 bedroom housing association place is over £100/w ) - council tax £30 per week - school dinners £40 per week - gas/electric/water £50 per week - food £100 per week - so we are up to £370 there without adding in travel costs - kids clubs etc.. Deduct £50 per week off the "benefits" for the child benefit that even millionaires get and you can see that someone on benefits isnt living a life of luxury on this great £500 per week??

I am not sticking up for freeloaders and scroungers but for the decent folk who can not be in work for a multitude of reasons - whether that be ill health for themselves or their children or just not being able to get a job. Under the present system you get a basic amount to live on for each adult around the £60 per week mark and a set figure for the children via tax credits and then the universal child benefit - housing/council tax benefit is assessed separately and you can only qualify for full discount if you are getting the bare minimum that the government says you need to survive. So if they cut benefits to a figure lower than this people will suffer.

People on a lower income also get tax credits and child benefit and help with housing and council tax too - this is because you must have a certain amount to live on by law - thats why we live in a decent society where we dont have the poor living in sewers and dying of dysentry and cholera. If thats what people want to see then sit on you high horses and pontificate - dont claim any working tax credits and donate your child benefit to charity too - in fact go and live somewhere else - perhaps America where they are a bit more draconian but hey dont come back if you fall ill and want treatment if you fall on hard times while there and your medical insurance doesnt cover it? Or perhaps India - you can enjoy your salary and dont worry about the beggars and kids dying around you - just so long as you are ok and there are no benefits around for anyone to claim - just incase they are scrounging???

I thought my rent was expensive at £65 a week, living in shitsville seems to have it's benefits afterall.

@Don't Do It...

According to the PDF you posted you are entitled to claim a maximum of £500 housing benefit per week.
You said that you will need to find another £130 to pay your weekly rent?
Are you saying that your weekly rent is £630?

Last edited:
I'm shocked at £600+ a week
I have been doing 72 hour weeks (£572 take home)
Last week I did a little less but was still work 7am till 11:15pm on the monday, 3days of 10 hours and a 12 hour day plus 6 hours on a saturday.
I took home £499.60
I think you need to realise what kind of money people that are able to work get before you start to whinge about only getting £618 a week ffs.
I would have to work 16 hours a day for the whole week and maybe a staurday morning as well to get that kind of money.
I'm wondering now how much my daughter gets as she has a severly autistic daughter and is always struggling, it may pay her to give up work.

I thought my rent was expensive at £65 a week, living in shitsville seems to have it's benefits afterall.

@Don't Do It...

According to the PDF you posted you are entitled to claim a maximum of £500 housing benefit per week.
You said that you will need to find another £130 to pay your weekly rent?
Are you saying that your weekly rent is £630?

Without looking at the PDF I can tell you that the £500 is the maximum amount allowed in benefits for anyone who has children - that figure includes income support/JSA - tax credits - child benefit - housing benefit and council tax benefit. SO therefore if you have 4 kids and get say £150 income support/JSA for the 2 adults - plus £200 tax credits for the children and £50 child benefit you only have a maximum of £100 available for you rent and council tax benefit - most places these 2 combined will be more than £100 for any size of property with more than a couple of bedrooms - The cash may sound a lot but say your rent is £150 and council tax £50 that a shortfall of £100 you have to make up out of your other benefits already - you cant really count the £50 family allowance as everyone gets this so that leaves £250 to feed, cloth and transport all 6 - no more free school meals either so thats another £40 gone - now factor in gas electric water and tv licence and you can see where it all goes. This isnt luxury living this isnt particularly comfortable either. Children of people on benefits still want the latest clothes and other assorted luxuries and have to be told no.

And before people pipe up that they are working full time and get less then thats not right as working tax credits actually take into account the same minimum requirements and guarantee to give anyone working more income so as to avoid the benefits trap - im not saying it will be a lot more but definitely more!!

Im sure there are lots of scroungers and the like around who would be willing to take the benefits for the sake of working full time and ending up perhaps £40 a week better off but once again I stress that I dont support those either - just the ones who have no choice and are set to be dumped upon again as they are an easy target. Tabloid reporting means that anyone on benefits is already branded a crook - its like being considered guilty until proven innocent - and even then its always grudgingly!!

I'm shocked at £600+ a week
I have been doing 72 hour weeks (£572 take home)
Last week I did a little less but was still work 7am till 11:15pm on the monday, 3days of 10 hours and a 12 hour day plus 6 hours on a saturday.
I took home £499.60
I think you need to realise what kind of money people that are able to work get before you start to whinge about only getting £618 a week ffs.
I would have to work 16 hours a day for the whole week and maybe a staurday morning as well to get that kind of money.
I'm wondering now how much my daughter gets as she has a severly autistic daughter and is always struggling, it may pay her to give up work.

The new rules mean no-one will be able to get more than £500 in benefits a week - including their family allowance which everyone gets and their rent and council tax benefit. If you are earning the money you say depending on your housing situation and child status you would be entitled to benefits too to ensure you are clearing more than someone on benefits alone!!

Property to rent in Enfield, Middlesex

If you scroll down and look on the left hand side you will see that average rent for 4 bed house in London borough of Enfield is £1600 odd per month - theres £400 of your maximum £500 per week benefits even before council tax. I chose Enfield as an example as its an area I know - its not the most affluent by a long stretch and is a good representation of housing costs in the south east. Even 2 bedroom properties are over £1000 per month so again £250 of your £500 allowance is gone before anything else is taken into account.

As a society we have strived over the last 100 years to rid ourselves of poverty - we have bulldozed slums and made sure our people are fed and have a roof over their heads. Admittedly, in some instances people have taken advantage of this but if you look through the smoke and mirrors tactics by this government you will see that they are dumping the financial problems, caused by the bankers and others in the ruling elite, on the least privileged in society. Easy to blame the downtrodden- especially if you can turn the working classes against them too!!

I get no benefits and i'm entitled to none.
I think some people here are assuming that everyone gets what they get.
A while back I was working 3 12 hours nights like a dog and taking home £180 a week, my bills come to more than that my kids children are grown up so get sfa.
I would love £500 a week but don't get it very often unless I work silly o'clock to silly o'clock.
I'm on £10 an hour the minimum wage is I think £6.08 an hour so 50 times 6.08 = £304 per week before tax and national insurance.
Please note I used a 50 hour week (it's what I work as a basic week) exceeds the working time directive and my hours recently do the same.
£618 before tax works out at £12.26 an hour, it would equate to £32136 but this isn't take home it's after stoppages so If I earnt this kind of money as a take home pay I would be on 40% tax rate (middle class) so i'm more than a bit miffed to find someone who is not working is getting a middle class income (well above mine) and has the front to complain.
I thought the coalition were out of order but now i'm doing the maths maybe they are right after all.
I had to bring up 2 kids on minimum wage, I live on a run down council estate but it's a roof over my head.
I don't know the op's circumstances but I know all about having children with difficultys, my granddaughter is 6 in June will live her life in nappys and has a vocabulary of less than 20 words, my daughter would be over the moon if the school complained about her as it would at least mean she was interacting with the world.

Last edited:
Back