reason for bad post in general site news

4 bedrooms near me (all nicer than my house)
4 bedroom house to rent in CPO5778 Wickford, SS12, SS12
4 bedroom town house to rent in LEE CHAPEL NORTH, SS15
4 bedroom house to rent in 4 bedroom Terraced House in Basildon, SS14
4 bedroom terraced house to rent in Meadow Rise Billericay, CM11
4 bedroom house to rent in CPO5891 Runwell, Wickford, SS11, SS11
4 bedroom semi-detached house to rent in Elder Avenue, Wickford, Essex, SS12
The dearest being £975 pcm
My father is a local landlord his houses pcm
3 bed flat roof £600 but new rent july £650
3 bed £625 but new rent july £650
3 bedroom £700
3 bedroom £700 but new rent july £725
3 bedroom £750
3 bedroom £750
This isn't enfield it is Basildon.
beggars can't be choosers in my book.

i dont think some of you are reading it properly tbh
my total is £630 a week ( not adding some other have said ) but £250 is housing benefit and i and others do not see that ever
the other is child tax credits which every one with kids gets
so the members saying i work for xxx a month and say get a grip add your wages and the child tax credit and and the child benefit you are on a fecking lot more than i am
my point is they will send loads on total crap then make us suffer
and just to add i hope you never find yourself in the same situation i am in i was happy at work 4 years ago and find that i have to give it up to look after my kids
@ mental it is not £500 housing benefit it is total benefits and as said i dont see most of it

I don't get child tax credits and never did, we used to get child benefit as do all parents but not child tax credits.
I understand your life is hard but mine is harder with less money and I never got time to spend with my children, I missed their growing up years working silly o'clock to silly o'clock.
I have nearly lost my home many times but just tightened my belt and made do.
I know all about problems with children due to my grand daughters condition, she is the only 1 that doesn't suffer as she is oblivious to the world around her.
Regardless of how many caps you post your income is massive compared to mine, a basic 50 hour week gives me £342 a week to pay all my bills and feed my family.

I don't get child tax credits and never did, we used to get child benefit as do all parents but not child tax credits.
I understand your life is hard but mine is harder with less money and I never got time to spend with my children, I missed their growing up years working silly o'clock to silly o'clock.
I have nearly lost my home many times but just tightened my belt and made do.
I know all about problems with children due to my grand daughters condition, she is the only 1 that doesn't suffer as she is oblivious to the world around her.
Regardless of how many caps you post your income is massive compared to mine, a basic 50 hour week gives me £342 a week to pay all my bills and feed my family.

and i get roughly the same atm to pay all my bills and feed my family so your point is ??

I have to pay all my mortgage, water rates, sewage rates and council tax as well you don't.
I would love £342 for just electric, food and luxuries.

sorry to say but i have to pay water rates sewage and i would love to have luxuries
all the money i get goes on the kids
and you dont get child tax credits probaly because you kids dont live with you if they did you would get that as well

4 bedrooms near me (all nicer than my house)
4 bedroom town house to rent in LEE CHAPEL NORTH, SS15
4 bedroom house to rent in 4 bedroom Terraced House in Basildon, SS14
4 bedroom terraced house to rent in Meadow Rise Billericay, CM11
4 bedroom house to rent in CPO5891 Runwell, Wickford, SS11, SS11
4 bedroom semi-detached house to rent in Elder Avenue, Wickford, Essex, SS12
The dearest being £975 pcm
My father is a local landlord his houses pcm
3 bed flat roof £600 but new rent july £650
3 bed £625 but new rent july £650
3 bedroom £700
3 bedroom £700 but new rent july £725
3 bedroom £750
3 bedroom £750
This isn't enfield it is Basildon.
beggars can't be choosers in my book.

Listen ive got no axe to grind with you - it sounds like you have had it rough yourself and probably havent had the help you needed or more importantly deserved. As for your grand daughter - i implore you to try every single avenue for benefits - disability especially - its not scrounging or any other such nonsense - thats what its there for and as a tax payer you have more than earned the right for your own offspring to claim what they are entitle to.

The one thing i have to disagree with you on this post is you are falling into the trap the governments and the tabloids have engineered to turn you against your fellow man. If you are genuinely entitled to benefits because of illness or disability is it fair that as a resident of Enfield you should have to consider moving 30-40 miles away to Basildon - probably leaving behind your support network to reduce your rental costs? You may have lived your whole life in Enfield - worked and paid taxes including council tax in the borough for years only to have to leave it as you are now priced out?

Your answer to move is simplistic but what about the family who need to take their children to hospital every week for treatment or themselves have to visit a GP - perhaps a local family member or old friend used to take them in their car but cant commit to travelling down to Basildon? What about the neighbour who used to pop in the break up the day for that widowed Mum thats been left with 3 kids? Is she supposed to be able to cope with uprooting her family? Also is it good for perhaps a council tenant in Enfield with a secure tenancy have to move to private rented in Basildon to save money without any secure tenure as I can guarantee the cheaper areas would not help with social housing for anyone without a connection to the area??

As I said before - we can go back to the dark ages if you wish - Ghettoise the poorest in society - turn the working class against their fellow man who has some bad luck with health etc - you may laugh but this is how Nazi Germany started !!

@gooner71
Do you think I want to live in what is classed as the worst council estate in Essex ?
They are tearing 2 3rds of it down to try an renovate it.
I live where I can afford to live it's a hard fact of life.
I'm not saying ghettoise the poorest in society but was saying that rents in your area maybe £1600 but there is cheaper about.

I intend to get my daughter to check what she can and cannot get, As far as I know she gets free nappys (forever) as my granddaughter will never be continent but not much else.

I don't see any shame in claiming benefits I wouldn't moan if I was getting more than someone who was working like a dog and exceeding the working time directive hours every week to get less money.

I have to live where I can afford to what makes me so different, benefits are a correct thing to pay to those unfortunate enough not able to work but the benefits shouldn't be in the 40% tax range, to me that is just wrong.

I wondered how long in this before godwins law would come into play Godwin's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I suppose that post 27 wasn't bad.

At the end of the day a person living on benefits with kids or not should not be wealthier than someone who works full time. It's a safety net to tie you over till you get back on your feet (or was supposed to be) until people started messing with it. As for the take it you paid your taxes attitude, paid taxes for how long? I pay around £600 tax per month so by the rates discussed this person must have worked for years and years in a reasonably well paid job to match his take out with his put in. That I doubt very much, I'm sorry for your situation mate but I talk to people every day who can give airy fairy reasons why they can't work and moan about their lack of money (p.s I'm a bookmaker) and these people are usually telling me this while paying for their bets with 20 fags hanging out their pocket!

Mods - is there a 'time out' smile anywhere?

Sorry, none of us know how changes affect people.

I've read the whole thread, I don't know which way to vote.

I do know this, slagging people off fixes nothing.

Some facts and some solutions please :)

@gooner71
Do you think I want to live in what is classed as the worst council estate in Essex ?
They are tearing 2 3rds of it down to try an renovate it.
I live where I can afford to live it's a hard fact of life.
I'm not saying ghettoise the poorest in society but was saying that rents in your area maybe £1600 but there is cheaper about.

I intend to get my daughter to check what she can and cannot get, As far as I know she gets free nappys (forever) as my granddaughter will never be continent but not much else.

I don't see any shame in claiming benefits I wouldn't moan if I was getting more than someone who was working like a dog and exceeding the working time directive hours every week to get less money.

I have to live where I can afford to what makes me so different, benefits are a correct thing to pay to those unfortunate enough not able to work but the benefits shouldn't be in the 40% tax range, to me that is just wrong.

I wondered how long in this before godwins law would come into play Godwin's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I suppose that post 27 wasn't bad.

The Godwin's law thing is a new one on me - Just read the Wiki and to be honest the bloke sounds like hes trying to be a smart arse!! Clearly one of the biggest events in modern time is likely to get a mention at some point if there is ever a reference to racism - ghettoisation - war - dictators - judaism - facism etc... I think my analogy is correct and to hell with what old Godwin thinks!!! lol

Also im guessing you didnt leave a leafy part of surrey (or anywhere else nicer than where you are) to move to Basildon purely on the grounds of financial hardship and chose it randomly on price alone with no family or friends nearby?

I talk to people every day who can give airy fairy reasons why they can't work and moan about their lack of money (p.s I'm a bookmaker) and these people are usually telling me this while paying for their bets with 20 fags hanging out their pocket!

They don't look like this do they?

No need to answer, I know they do.

4310453648a7660455403l.jpg

The Godwin's law thing is a new one on me - Just read the Wiki and to be honest the bloke sounds like hes trying to be a smart arse!! Clearly one of the biggest events in modern time is likely to get a mention at some point if there is ever a reference to racism - ghettoisation - war - dictators - judaism - facism etc... I think my analogy is correct and to hell with what old Godwin thinks!!! lol
I didn't expect a retraction.
Also im guessing you didnt leave a leafy part of surrey (or anywhere else nicer than where you are) to move to Basildon purely on the grounds of financial hardship and chose it randomly on price alone with no family or friends nearby?
I'm not sure what your getting at here.
Because I was brought up in a sh!thole I should stay there, but if I was brought up in a nice area then afford it or not your entitled to stay there ?
I'm pretty sure thats not what the welfare state was brought in for.
If I got poorer I would move to gravesend as it's cheaper than here, I nearly did it 4 years ago when I wasn't sure if I could afford to live here after divorcing my 1st wife but I was lucky enough to be able to stay in my home and not have to go to Kent but if I had to I would have.
I'm off to bed in a mo as up at 5:30 I have to be on site in London for 7:30 in the morning.

The Godwin's law thing is a new one on me - Just read the Wiki and to be honest the bloke sounds like hes trying to be a smart arse!!

Smart-arse he may be, but he wrote his analogie in 1990, most likely on Fidonet and not actually the Internet.

Let's just call him the first Interweb-ish smart-arse shall we? :)

Exactly where in this thread is dont do it it'll hurt shying away from work as stated in a previous post he needs a job. Surely when you have 4 kids what chance do you really have of working. Until you have brought up kids on your own you don't know the half of it. While you are at work someone is at home attending to the kids. Alan is a one parent guy he doesn't want to lose his kids through having to find work. Its not his fault he is on this wage he does not work the figures out. All he can do is give the relevant people all the details and then its out of his hands. Want to complain? blame the government and nobody else.

An if I was a mod I'd slap the fooking lot of ya, end of...

...ffs, someone close this thread...

Back