Problems setting up my dm500s as a server

great work as always dave mate. top bloke!!

cheers fellas, i'll get started on the clients box and let you know what happens.

no worries buddy... glad to be a help...

ok guys, my client is still not getting the channels from my server, I have checked my client's box, the cline reads like this:
C: mydyndns myport username password
so that looks ok. I know the server side is ok thanks to davido testing it for me. I checked nabilo cccam info on the yellow panel and it shows my dyndns address as a server for him and my server box is showing his box on the clients list, so they must have a connection. I tried scanning for channels but got nothing. Cccam is loaded and set as the default on the client box, any ideas?

have you set the box with the right satellite 28.2E... I think by default they goto 19E

have you set the box with the right satellite 28.2E... I think by default they goto 19E

yes I did, I flashed it at home then connected it to my sat feed, scanned it at 28.2 and got the channels ok( i did this just to make sure the box was working). I tried the scan again in the clients house connected to the router, same 28.2 but got nothing.

Is the internet connected ok to the DM? try download something from the blue panel... Also try a FTA channel to see if the dish and coax is ok..
Must be something stupid... It worked straight off here... Did the box work at your house... you can still use the dyndns c:line at home....

Is the internet connected ok to the DM? try download something from the blue panel... Also try a FTA channel to see if the dish and coax is ok..
Must be something stupid... It worked straight off here... Did the box work at your house... you can still use the dyndns c:line at home....

I'm pretty sure it's connected to the internet ok, I accessed the forum from the yellow panel on the clients box, plus both boxes show info from the other box.
I found this on another forum discussing a problem similar to mine:

What DVB API setting do you have in your CCcam.cfg?
Try changing it. There should be some examples in there.
You could try starting CCcam by telnet with the parameter -d and check the log.

U are THE MAN !!!
Absolutely Fabulous !!!
I put DVB API: 1
restarted the cam and VOILLA

What do you think? There is a DVB setting in cccam, mine is locked out at the moment with the# I don't want to start messing with the config and bugger it up completely.

never had anything to do with it or heard of it for that matter... But if it sorted your problem all well and good.... glad your up and running....
Normally i delete everything in cccam and start again with boxkey and c+f lines

Did the box work at your house... you can still use the dyndns c:line at home....

So I can bring the client box home and still use the same settings and see if it works? I'll do that tomorrow.

never had anything to do with it or heard of it for that matter... But if it sorted your problem all well and good.... glad your up and running....

No it hasn't sorted the problem, I haven't tried it yet, I'll have to wait till tomorrow now to get the client box back. I was just wondering if anybody had heard of this before. I think that'll do for today, my head's scrambled after 12 hours of this. Thanks again for your help, I appreciate it.

A typical cccam config in server....

PROVIDERINFO FILE : /var/etc/CCcam.providers
CHANNELINFO FILE : /var/etc/CCcam.channelinfo
SERVER LISTEN PORT : 12000
WEBINFO USERNAME : User
WEBINFO PASSWORD : Pass
ALLOW WEBINFO: yes
WEBINFO LISTEN PORT : 16001
DISABLE EMM : no
EXTRA EMM LEVEL : yes
SHOW TIMING : yes
NEWCAMD CONF : no
SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/sci0 3570000
BOXKEY: /dev/sci0 xx xx xx xx
MINIMUM DOWNHOPS: 1

==================================================================

C: dyndns 12000 user pass

F: user pass

no settings needed in client... just f:line

Last edited:
A typical cccam config in server....

PROVIDERINFO FILE : /var/etc/CCcam.providers
CHANNELINFO FILE : /var/etc/CCcam.channelinfo
WEBINFO USERNAME : User
WEBINFO PASSWORD : Pass
ALLOW WEBINFO: yes
WEBINFO LISTEN PORT : 16001
DISABLE EMM : no
EXTRA EMM LEVEL : yes
SHOW TIMING : yes
NEWCAMD CONF : no
SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/sci0 3570000
BOXKEY: /dev/sci0 xx xx xx xx
MINIMUM DOWNHOPS: 1

whats all this needed for mate, i only have f lines and c lines in mine and nothing else, obviously my boxkey will go in aswell when it gets setup.

one i was given a while ago buddy...
altered passwords and boxkey

whats all this needed for mate, i only have f lines and c lines in mine and nothing else, obviously my boxkey will go in aswell when it gets setup.

The reason your Cccam.cfg works without all that in it is because they are the default settings that CCcam uses,its only if you change from the default you need those in there :)

The reason your Cccam.cfg works without all that in it is because they are the default settings that CCcam uses,its only if you change from the default you need those in there :)
cheers mate, is there anything in there that i should be changing then, regarding security or anything!

like turning emm's off etc....
i dont even know what emms are mate tbh, seen them on the cccam but havnt got a clue what they do or what it is, lol, so if theres anything i could do to make it run smoother or have more protection or whatever else ya think, i'll give it a go!

emm's are signals to update your entitlements on your card... there has been speculation in the past of dodgy emm's wiping cards out in non original boxes, and you need to contact the provider to get it turned back on....

i dont even know what emms are mate tbh, seen them on the cccam but havnt got a clue what they do or what it is, lol, so if theres anything i could do to make it run smoother or have more protection or whatever else ya think, i'll give it a go!

Providing your flines look similar to this F: user1 pass1 1 0 0 { 0:0:1 }

the zero in red is the setting to allow emm's or not then you should be ok,the above is only important if you are sharing a local card ;)

other then that you should change the default port of 12000,in that case you would put this line back in and change it to reflect the port you choose

if you do change the port dont forget to change it in your router port forward section as well :)

Back