Problems setting up my dm500s as a server

I can borrow one, at least it would rule out whether it's the router or not, cheers.
im still fairly new to this too mate, just throwing suggestions out there, its defo worth a try with another router, good luck, hope ya sort it soon!

hi m8
i had issues with my router too, bt homehub to be honest changed it to a linskys that seems to work ok but im having different issues now like you new to this as well try a different router if you can.

cheers johny48

ok guys, I changed my router to a netgear one, same result, online port checkers say the port is open but portforwards port checker says it's closed and my client still can't access my server. Are there any settings on the dm that might effect port forwarding or connection issues? Maybe I should swap the dm I'm using as the server to rule that out?

Dhcp should be unticked on dm network settings, can you sucsesfully ping your own dns addy? also check the server listen port in cccam.cfg matches what you have forwarded in the router a mistake i have seen made many times.

Dhcp should be unticked on dm network settings, can you sucsesfully ping your own dns addy? also check the server listen port in cccam.cfg matches what you have forwarded in the router a mistake i have seen made many times.

yes, dhcp is unticked on network settings, ping to my dns address was successful, server listen port matches the port i forwarded.

the online port checkers will find the port closed as it should be forwarded to your dreambox.. the IP address of your computer/laptop which you will be checking on, is different to the dreambox so shouldnt be using the port... all traffic on the specific port should be directed to the dreambox...
Thats how i see it anyway.....

Have you had anybody else test for you, is it possible the problem is at your peers end?

I haven't changed the mac addresses of the boxes but I did change their ip addresses making sure they were different.

I'm assuming you have the both of the boxes on your home network at the moment while you are testing ??

I had the same problems you are having when I was setting mine up.

When the clones come from China they all have the same default MAC address because they dont register them to be issued a proper one. If you have got 2 devices on your internal network with the same MAC it conflicts and cant route the traffic properly.

To change your MAC you need to do this:

Open a notepad and paste this line in

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Alter the mac addy sightly from the right hand end for each different box

save it as "init" (note the "" marks) that will save it as init without any extension

Then upload the file to VAR/ETC then chmod to 755 & reboot

If there not both on your home network then just ignore the above lol

Last edited:
the online port checkers will find the port closed as it should be forwarded to your dreambox.. the IP address of your computer/laptop which you will be checking on, is different to the dreambox so shouldnt be using the port... all traffic on the specific port should be directed to the dreambox...
Thats how i see it anyway.....

the online port checkers see the port as open, the port checker tool from portforward is the only one that sees it closed, I'm inclined to think that's the one that's right because I can't connect to my client. I forwarded the port to my server,checked and re-checked it.

Have you had anybody else test for you, is it possible the problem is at your peers end?

I'm using my own card, I have done tests from my clients house and get the same results, I can ping my router but can't reach the dm.

pwillo1982-thanks for that suggestion but I was aware that may cause a conflict from reading the tuts so I disconnected my other box at home before attempting the external cs. I've only got the server running at home, however, I think I'll take your advice and look into that, cheers.

Now you have changed the router. I assume you have altered the DM settings to match network settings of the new one.. Also to note where it says Nameserver: this is your Internet Provider IP

Now you have changed the router. I assume you have altered the DM settings to match network settings of the new one.. Also to note where it says Nameserver: this is your Internet Provider IP

yes mate, I altered the dm settings for the new router, I just switched dhcp on to let it update then switched it off again, then I put those settings into the router.
The Nameserver does not show Internet providers ip, it's showing my router's internal ip, Gateway is the same too.

Do I have to change the Nameserver? What address do I put in and how do you get the dm to update the dyndns?

my nameserver and gateway are both the address of my internal router, and im sharing to an outside ip no problem.

It will work... mine has external IP in... Firemanyoz your line is working... I just had eurosport on without any problem buddy... you should now start looking at clients box..

It will work... mine has external IP in... Firemanyoz your line is working... I just had eurosport on without any problem buddy... you should now start looking at clients box..

thanks for that davido, great news knowing my end is working ok. As for my client, what do they have to do when they put their dm on? should the channels load automatically or do they have to perform a scan? Also, my client is using the same make of router as me, following on from pwillo's suggestion about conflicts, if both routers are set to the same default internal ip would that cause a conflict?

it will make no difference buddy... make sure they are connected to the net... download cccam from blue panel if its not already in... goto cam settings and set cccam as default.. put c:line in .cfg and all should work ok... you can download the channel list but i 'd just do a scan of 28.2 if that all they need...

Last edited:
yes, dhcp is unticked on network settings, ping to my dns address was successful, server listen port matches the port i forwarded.

it will make no difference buddy... make sure they are connected to the net... download cccam from blue panel if its not already in... goto cam settings and set cccam as default.. put c:line in .cfg and all should work ok... you can download the channel list but i 'd just do a scan of 28.2 if that all they need...

As davido said check his cfg is ok also check he has cccam as default cam and it is running, good to hear your sorted mate.

Back