Problems setting up my dm500s as a server

firemanyoz

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello all, I've hit a wall and could use some help. I have my dm500s set up as a server, it's working ok and I've managed to share my card internally. Now I'm trying the external share but can't get it to work. I have a dyndns account set up, it updates ok and is working. I have a port of my choice forwarded, I have tested the port on numerous sites including dyndns.com and they all say it's open, however, the port checker that I downloaded from portforward.com says the port is closed. So, that's the first question I have, is the port checker from portforward the most reliable? If it is that would suggest I still have a port issue but I don't see how the other tests on that port I have done(about a dozen) would indicate the port being open.
I entered the cline on the client box and fline on the server on the 2nd line in cccam config, does it matter what line you put the clines/flines on in cccam config? From what I've read I don't think it does but I'd like to be sure. Apart from entering the cline/fline the only other change I have made in the cccam config is to change the server listen port to the port number I chose( I removed the #).
My cline/fline look like this:
C: mydyndns myport username password
F: username password 0 0 0 { 0 0 1 }
If I telnet my dyndns address or enter it into explorer I'm directed to my router, if I add the port number in internet explorer I get page not found. If I add the port number to my dyndns in telnet I get what looks like some chinese symbols then "connection to host lost". My router firewall is disabled.
Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
have you forwarded the port in the router to the dreambox IP, not your computer IP.

have you configured the dreambox to auto update ip to dyndns.

download Inadyn 1.96 from blue panel. software management/downloads/extra services/ inadyn 1.96 if your using Pli image...
Then goto menu/settings/system settings/services to run/put a cross in start inadyns and configure to your settings...

download Inadyn 1.96 from blue panel. software management/downloads/extra services/ inadyn 1.96 if your using Pli image...
Then goto menu/settings/system settings/services to run/put a cross in start inadyns and configure to your settings...

cheers mate, I'll give that a try, I'm using the nabilostat 2 image does that matter?

there should be a plugin in the blue panel for the dyndns updater i would think... not used that image so not 100% sure...

what do you get if you put
ht*p://yourdyndnsaddress.net into your browser... do you get anything on screen..

sounds like you havnt port forwarded correctly...

sounds like you havnt port forwarded correctly...

That maybe it but I followed the guide on portforward.com to the letter, Ive checked and double checked it, maybe I should change the port number a few times and see if that does it?
Maybe I should try the default port (12000) as a test?

Last edited:
ok guys, I'm stumped, I'm concentrating on the port forward aspect, whatever I do I can't get portforward's port checker tool to confirm a port is open. I've tried different ports, switched off all firewalls, configured windows firewall and the avg firewall on my pc, so many different configurations I've lost count. I've checked the settings in my Thomson router again, I even reset it to the original settings and started over with no joy.
Has anyone got any ideas about where I'm going wrong?

ok guys, I'm stumped, I'm concentrating on the port forward aspect, whatever I do I can't get portforward's port checker tool to confirm a port is open. I've tried different ports, switched off all firewalls, configured windows firewall and the avg firewall on my pc, so many different configurations I've lost count. I've checked the settings in my Thomson router again, I even reset it to the original settings and started over with no joy.
Has anyone got any ideas about where I'm going wrong?
i would restore all that you've changed back to default mate and start again, im using avg and never had to configure anything in there, nor any firewalls or anything, just forwarded the port in my router and that was it.

Yeah, I've done that, I didn't think avg was the problem because I still couldn't get the port open with the firewall disabled. I'm just trying anything, a bit like when you can't find your keys and start looking in the fridge for them!!!
I'm just clutching at straws I guess.

Yeah, I've done that, I didn't think avg was the problem because I still couldn't get the port open with the firewall disabled. I'm just trying anything, a bit like when you can't find your keys and start looking in the fridge for them!!!
I'm just clutching at straws I guess.
seems weird like mate, maybe its the router, you not got another you could try!

I can borrow one, at least it would rule out whether it's the router or not, cheers.

Back