OpenATV 6.2 + wooshbuild No Softcam present

cmd_uk

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi has anyone encountered a problem with OpenATV 6.2 installing without Softcams ?

The softcam management in ATV has changed.

To use new method:
Install newest softcam feed
Install softcam from softcam feeds
Ensure the config files are present
Transfer/edit config files in the "new"/"same as other images" locations.
Use new softcam control method. Forget softcam panel for time being.

To use old method:
Find old softcam ipk file and install them

I did a update (not a full flash) and it updated my softcam feed to the latest version

I've had this same problem with softcam_feeds I tried 2.0 3.0 (no longer work) universal 4.3 and 6 and been honest I dumped the lot.
The best way and simplest way is to install mgcamd 1.38r1 either telnet or /tmp .ipk then install via blue button ipk installer.
Installing the new softcam_feeds only gave me mgcamd 1.45 and if 1.38r1 ain't broke then 1.45 has nothing to fix.

Just wondered, do we use mgcamd 1.45 from now on ?. Are they doing away with 1.38r1 ?. I installed the above but its only got 1.45 in it

Just wondered, do we use mgcamd 1.45 from now on ?. Are they doing away with 1.38r1 ?. I installed the above but its only got 1.45 in it

yes I am using 1.45 without any issues

AFAIK 1.45 is same as 1.38 but allows to open up some Russian channels.

Could someone help me please? going round in circles with this. Have OpenATV on Gigablue Quad, been having trouble with box very slow to react blue disc turning most of the time, So did update this improved overall response but now have lost softcam manager. The box was working with mgcamd 1.38. Have tried transfering new ipk setup to tmp and installing but still nothing shows. If I can get mgcamd setup and working on my old vu+duo I would can see cccam on there. Any advice please

Id start with a reflash mate based on what saying.

But the way of installing softcams on openatv change maybe the update brought that on

try this

Menu > Plugins > Green

When the list populates then scroll to softcams and install one, this should enable softcam manger after the install.

Hello Ferret,
Good to hear from you, thanks for advise, not impressed with Gigablue Box at all, bit dubious about reflashing as it was all setup by supplier apparently cccam doesn't work on these boxes. Will try to find through Menu>plugins>Green button see what happens. If not can you point me to a reliable image to reflash?
Thanks again

You have a box with an Arm CPU so cccam is a no go, but you can install oscam and run clines from that.

Isn't the ZGemma H9S an ARM based box and I am running CCcam on the box

Last edited:
Last edited:
Yeah manual install

FTP it over following the folder structure and chmod usr/bin/CCcam to 755

Youll need to solve your cam manager problem though before that to start it.

Last edited:
Try this one mate also 2.3.2 this will install from telnet

Attachments

• vuplus-team.com-cccam-arm_Openatv-2.3.2_all.zip
    355.5 KB · Views: 1
Back