OpenATV 6.2 + wooshbuild No Softcam present

Morning,
I tried this Menu > Plugins > Green but there was no file in tmp to install.
I have transfered "enigma2-softcams-oscam-all-images_11.507-emu-r794-arm + mips_all.ipk". (may not be this exact file as I am at work now) to tmp.
Then installed but they seem to just disappear? they are in tmp when transfer by "FTP" then when installed disappear and yet there is still no softcam file to be found to startup?
Thanks for bearing with me although I've been around a while I'd probably be more useful for scaffolders to walk on.

Ok so you need to send it to the tmp folder as you have done.

Then install it not via the image but via telnet

Start a telnet session and login to you box then run this command

opkg update && opkg install -force-overwrite /tmp/*.ipk

tried this last night "Menu > Plugins > Green " found installer but no files in tmp to install.
I have previously "ftp'd" several .ipk files into tmp and then installed them but they just seem to disappear
No way of starting mgcamd?
Thanks for your help with this although I've been around awhile I tend to leave my setups as they were, so really not at all knowledgable especially with mgcamd.
When I bought the Gigablue I tried to get it going with cccam when I couldn't I wanted to return it to supplier but they had it back and set it up with mgcamd so I only had to obtain lines and cut and paste that's about my limit. If there is a dummies guide for when and if I flash box I'd be grateful as it is quite abit different than cccams.

I have downloaded openvix for the gigablue quad plus, do you think I should stay with openatv?
I'll have to google telnet can't remember using it.

Regards

Vix is a good image, go with that i recommended OpenATV as you are use to using it and it's my personal favourite.

Good Morning just an update spent about an hour last night and had a couple of tries this morning but it is a bit of a mule to flash image. Not having any joy at the moment. It showed it had found New Image, I pressed the "Okay" button as per Vix instructions with no luck. Then when trying again it showed on screen to press Power button still wouldn't kick in. Will try again this evening.

Sorry not conversent with Telnet will have to google first.
Have been home to try again it said it was flashing do not turn power off, but afterwards it still had my channels opened up on BBC. I thought with new image I would have to set everything from scratch so do not think it worked. Have just copied Vix image to usb. I was trying to stay with OpenATV as it was your prefence but this evening will try the Vix image

It could of imported any saved setting you may have from a hard drive or usb stick you had inserted i always disconnect any storage media before installing an image.

Use any image you want mate does not make any difference to the setup advice we will give as long as we know the image your on.

Evening Ferret. starting to get a smile on my face, used your instruction for telnet and now have a Vix image found softcams and downloaded mgcamd 1.38.
stopped there can you please tell me next move / have not setup channels yet as the wife wanted to watch TV

Thanks for all of your help so far

Evening Ferret. starting to get a smile on my face, used your instruction for telnet and now have a Vix image found softcams and downloaded mgcamd 1.38.
stopped there can you please tell me next move / have not setup channels yet as the wife wanted to watch TV

Thanks for all of your help so far

What are you wanting to do next scan channel or open encrypted channels ?

Think I ought to scan Sats for channels as at the moment I have nothing to open, I have two Tuners to scan one with diseq switch pointing to 28 / 19 and 13, the other to 28 only for better signal on HD channels. Then if you could point me in the right direction for opening channels I should be upto date with new image and all dusted down ready to go (fingers crossed)

So do i take it you can setup the tuners ?

If so your going to run mgcamd with clines ?

FTP to var/keys do you have mg-cfg and cccamd.list in that directory ?

Hello Ferret,
Yes I popped home and the tuners are scanning Satellites, should be finished now. I have copied my old cccamd.list and saved it. I copied the whole folder so I'm pretty sure I have mg-cfg (although that is the one I may need to find)
I have to put both files in var/keys?

Sorry it should be usr/keys on vix.

Put both files in there and restart mgcamd or reboot box whatever suits you.

Last edited:
Cannot connect through FTP
Says cannot connect insecure server does not support ftp over tls
trying to google now?

You have to give new images a password.

Telnet in then user name is root then type

passwd

Yes the above is the correct spelling

Hit enter

enter your new password once then again.

Youll now be able to FTP with your new password

Back