null modem

He has a DM800 HD, not DM800 HD SE.

There is no mini USB cable on his receiver.

I have installed an image and need to sort it out...BUT I WANT TO PUT THE NEW OPENPLI dOOds IMAGE ON BUT WHEN I FLASH IT IT HANGS ON 1 SECOND TO GO AND THEN ABORTS..CAN SOMEONE HELP ME SO I CAN INSTALL THIS IMAGE AS IS its got all that i want..what can i do need to do as to install doods image??what do i need to change.??

AJT are you there tell me what you have got and i will help you

how have you set it up from computer to dreambox and from router to dreambox also not all images work on a clone

Why the attitude with the capitals mate?

Are you saying that you can flash other images and are only getting issues when flashing Dood's backup?

People mention one thing and you go do something else. People ask a question and you don't answer.

no attitude with capitals his name ajt is in capitals on the left column

no reply so going to bed now ps i find nemesis and oozoon images the best for 800 hd clone very stable. open pli and gemini3 crashed quite a lot thats my opinion anyway

no attitude with capitals his name ajt is in capitals on the left column

sorry mate real knackard did not even notice..sorry.

i have installed dreambox uk e 800 hd glass i think..its all working fine and i am setting things up etc and i need to update cams but i would love to have do0ds image but as i flash all goes as normal then with one second left it hangs and aborts
my box is dm800hd clone enigma 2 sim 210

how have you set it up from computer to dreambox and from router to dreambox also not all images work on a clone

i have set up desktop to share Ethernet connection so i can cable box to computer to get network access

try the image post 50 click on the post and download it

you must have lan cable from router to dreambox and usb serial from laptop to dreambox if so which flash do you have on your dreambox 84B ? the image has to be same on dreambox and the image file

Just to confirm that I have flashed Doods backup image on my reeceiver. No tuner was found, flashed bootloader and rebooted. All is well.

Must be somthing at your end

Hi well i have finally sorted everything out and have E3 image from dreamboxuk installed.It would not have been my first choice but while flashing it seemed to be the only one to stick.It has taken 2 days in all to sort out and me and my box have come a long way from the day we first met.Anyone who decides to update their box from software update you need to think again as this is what caused all my problems.I am very great full to all who contributed and helped me to get my box back to the way i wanted it..some reply s were most helpful while others needed a second or third question to get the answer i needed.This forum is a fantastic resource to get help and was invaluable to me but i find that sometimes folk forgot that they once started off in my shoes as well.Nobody is born with this knowledge and the fact that you try to help a person with a lot less of it is very commendable but please remember we are not all as knowledgeable as some as our journey started after yours.All in all a big thanks to all who helped and be pleased to know at 08:00 this morning i took my final step and put some details into ccam.cfg and i am all done and have everything the way i want it and how it should be.I hope now i can go on to help others in the way i got helped as i have learned so much on this journey.All i want to do now is update cross epg or learn how to change the colors of the now and next guild as they are a awful duck egg colors bluuur or put in a new one.
Big big thanks to all
AJT

@nufc Hi mate what i did was use conectify on my desktop which allows me to share its net connection via wifi or Ethernet so i used a Ethernet cable from my computer to box to give me net.I have flashed ssl#84 first andthen E2 enigma 2 image from dreambox uk.after spending hours upon hours of flashing someone suggested the Ethernet solution and boy oh boy was it the solution..some images would take 90 mins to upload and then fail on box flash.With the Ethernet solution i was flashing complete in 30 seconds or so.I was not able to flash in explorer as keep dropping connection half way through so just used dreamup patched for everything.I can not get do0ds image to work it just hangs at 1 second to go and aborts..i have treid 3 or 4 times but i guess it was meant to be and i will learn to be happy with E3 image.
Thanks for your help mate
AJT

Back