New Skin - Digitalworldz

I'm old, don't like change much :salute: Thank you for the option of choosing our preferred skin, back to Original for me :Clap: :proud:
HH.
@HappyH these young one's do it to confuse us m8 :)

Last edited by a moderator:
so how do i get logged in useing ie11, so i can change back to old working skin

I have put back the original and the darkness skin.

To change back to these styles you will need to use your Usercp (settings) / General Settings

Or click this link:
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/profile.php?do=editoptions

Near the bottom is the style chooser, please do not forget to click save (at the very bottom).

There will not be a drop down chooser on this style, you should know how to use your usercp anyway lol ;)

Regards
Mick

Only problem for me @Mick is I cannot log into my account on IE10 so I can't even get to my user cp

I've changed back to the original skin, with a sigh of relief. It took a while for me to find my way around that, and I didn't
want to start all over again. A classic example of life in a nutshell I suppose.:)

I can see the appeal of the uncluttered new skin, particularly for small screen devices, but it's a bit stark and wastes a lot
of space on larger ones. You can stretch it to fill larger screens, but you still lose the extra content available, at a glance,
with the original skin. In short, as long as I can revert to what suits me, I'm happy.

If only the rest of life was that simple!:Biggrin2:

so how do i get logged in useing ie11, so i can change back to old working skin
Well, you're logged in now, so change the skin on DW, as in post 66. It's from DW, not your browser.

Different browsers just seem to handle it in different ways.

Last edited:
logged in using chrome on my tablet but i prefer internet explorer on my pc. which is what i cant get logged in with

logged in using chrome on my tablet but i prefer internet explorer on my pc. which is what i cant get logged in with
Change your skin setting using chrome. It relates to your account on DW, not which browser you happen to be using, or where from afaik.

If you change the skin setting using chrome, it should change the setting for internet explorer as well.

Changed back to original as I hate change lol. Nice to see a lot of good feedback on it though sadly not for me :(
Also noticed it would not let me use moderation tools @Mick I tried to move a thread selected the tick box at the side of the thread but moderation tools box stayed at (0)

Moved onto the darkness skin, really liking it(even though its blue..lol) I see I can select "Chatbox Full" but is there any way to get it working the way it does on the original blue skin ?

If it filled the screen I would defiantly keep the DW skin, I think Ill stick with it over the weekend at least before I decide to change back

No worries guys, whatever skin you choose you can use.
It's just going forward I won't be adding anything to the old skins. So all new items will only be added to the new skin.

No worries guys, whatever skin you choose you can use.
It's just going forward I won't be adding anything to the old skins. So all new items will only be added to the new skin.

I will definitely use the new skin once all the bugs are ironed out @Mick :)

For anyone this may help I managed to finally log in with IE10 - a bit long winded but here goes

on the register/log in page you can select "contact us" from there you can select PDA skin and then change to old skin, then hit back button twice and you should re-load into the old skin where you can change to what ever you want, as I said a bit long winded but worked for me :)

how do we revert back the old (orignal, best) skin?

for those that cant get logged in using internet explorer. from the black n white home page. goto bottom of page and click on archive,from here I clicked on pda (top right) then login. once logged in I clicked on my dw favourite and got access to site. then changed the skin in user cp and saved it. at this point I had to logout then login again, ticking the remember password box. if u don't your right back to the start again.. hope this helps you out

Defo keeping the new skin, looks good on ipad, not tried new sizing on a PC but does look so much fresher.
Far to many forums are dark and uninspiring this looks much better.

also like the removal of the compulsory shout box which I have never used on any forum.

Thanks for the effort you've put in Mick. I've played about a bit with VBB in the past and know what a headache it is to maintain multiple skins and trying to keep everyone happy - I think I'd rather walk on broken glass :)

Something I've noticed: If you click on Quick Links and then Mark Forums Read, you get an alert/confirmation box but it's blank. The functionality still works, just no message.

@sneaker .....

@Mick It's to big, I have my resolution set to 800x600.

Holy sh*t! You do know Woolworths has closed and Michael Jackson is dead, right? ;)

Back