Neutrino UK04 Modification - feedback, comments, suggestions, bugs & fixes here!

the uk04 image is a lot better than the 02 in terms of stability but i find that neurtino overall lacks stability compaired to gemini. would anyone be interested in helping move features of neutrino to enigma and release the a uk version of this software ??

c0w

c0w said:
the uk04 image is a lot better than the 02 in terms of stability but i find that neurtino overall lacks stability compaired to gemini. would anyone be interested in helping move features of neutrino to enigma and release the a uk version of this software ??

c0w

I think Liam said he was working on one GEKO as his next project and thats a gemini/enigma image

Yep, gemini images are the nuts for these boxes.....however, they defoo need the Liam touch

well i'm more than happy to help if thats the plan like.

c0w

liamcrayden said:
I think I'll give recording a go myself... no harm in trying

This would be good Liam as I try to follow various guides I find for different things but inevitably get something wrong. The latest is that I have loaded 04 and put my serivce and bouquet files on from 02. This means that I see the channels as I expect and the rude stuff is hidden from the kids etc. However, I did a scan to pick up radio as I did not have that before, the setting used was 'Bouquet ¦ Leave Current' but the scan still loaded everything (and I mean everything) into an 'Other' bouquet with the other bouquets removed. Does this sound like I have missed something again?
Cheers
S

yeah also notice that streaming break the dreambox. you can access the menus soft restart of cam does nothing you have to actually restart box before it will work again.

c0w

c0w said:
well i'm more than happy to help if thats the plan like.

c0w

Do you have any experience of Linux, C++, or dreambox images in general?
I am looking for a team of people to help out with image projects like this.
If anyone's out there that fits the criteria... let me know :)

Liam

spankychann said:
This would be good Liam as I try to follow various guides I find for different things but inevitably get something wrong. The latest is that I have loaded 04 and put my serivce and bouquet files on from 02. This means that I see the channels as I expect and the rude stuff is hidden from the kids etc. However, I did a scan to pick up radio as I did not have that before, the setting used was 'Bouquet ¦ Leave Current' but the scan still loaded everything (and I mean everything) into an 'Other' bouquet with the other bouquets removed. Does this sound like I have missed something again?
Cheers
S
hi the other bouquets can,t be deleated if you put all your unwanted channel in one bouquets and hide them you need to ftp open your bouquets and edit them and save otherwise every time you do scan they will show up on other bouquets can be embarrising............:Cheers:

yep to c++ c and so so to dreambox.

nope to neutrino.

played with gemini added extra bits that i needed for it.

c0w

Last edited:
Just flashed the image and it's working great.

One thing though, The EPG only shows the current programme and the next one, that's it. Not a major problem, but is this happening to anyone else? I've tried restarting the EPG through the 'Scripts' option, but it's still the same.

just flashed my dreambox to uk04 it switches to menues faster then the uk02 image which is really great nice one liam :p.. im scanning fresh cuz uk04 has higher frequency range hehe.. That EPG problem happens to me all the way on the pace boxes then gets back to normal everynow and again even happend to my dbox2 for few days maybe cc error or something..

Hi can someone tell me how to do the front row epg, liam has told me before but i cant find the post, is it hold yellow button then change channel.

thanks

lyndseyb52 said:
Hi can someone tell me how to do the front row epg, liam has told me before but i cant find the post, is it hold yellow button then change channel.

thanks
hi press yellow twice on any frontrow channel and wait 20 seconds then go to another channel and back it,s bit tempermental but normally works after few attempts it,s best to have all front row channel in one bouquets so you can see any have been activated i have been using this method with uk02 and uk04 it works for me...ofcourse it,s our king liam,s method....

Hi, I had a go at the getting the above (front row) working last night.
Seems there is an easier way to do it.

All you gotta do is go to the front row channel you wanna watch, and press the yellow button ONCE. Then wait 15 seconds (during this 15 seconds the screen remains blank and the infobar disappears). After 15 seconds change to another front row channel and do the same. You do this for each front row channel you want working.

This method also applies to a few other channels. I got this method working on most other NVOD channels, for example Spice Extreme kicked in after doing this method ;)

Liam

liamcrayden said:
Hi, I had a go at the getting the above (front row) working last night.
Seems there is an easier way to do it.

All you gotta do is go to the front row channel you wanna watch, and press the yellow button ONCE. Then wait 15 seconds (during this 15 seconds the screen remains blank and the infobar disappears). After 15 seconds change to another front row channel and do the same. You do this for each front row channel you want working.

This method also applies to a few other channels. I got this method working on most other NVOD channels, for example Spice Extreme kicked in after doing this method ;)

Liam
hi liam this is what i basically do i go through all the front row channel i know now which one,s work so what i did made a bouquets of working frontrow channels i only try activating them .....zaf786

WOW this is just awesome,flashed it no problem very easy to set up (see liam all the things you have taught me paid off)couldnt tell you how long it took to scan as i am not the type to sit and watch went for a shave and a cup of coffee came back and it was done found 248 t.v channles 41 radio channels ,image is very sharp even close up no distortion on any channel smooth action up and down (no front row but hey am i bothered)i have it on d box so no prob the see through menu i like but when you are looking through bouquets to find another channel that has a white background its a bit hard to see very fast "the plop"can be annoying but you can turn it off if you dont like it

notanotherone said:
the see through menu i like but when you are looking through bouquets to find another channel that has a white background its a bit hard to see

If you change the theme back to the default Neutrino theme, it makes it a lot easier to see.

Great work Liam. This is the best image i've tried so far and like the way you can switch between bouquets letting others watch only the channels in that bouquet. :Cheers:

Included in the next update will be gav12345s new zapit file which I will port over to dreambox; this will nearly 100% ensure perfect scans when using neutrino [even better than enigma scans hopefully!]

Liam

talking about the update when do u roughly think u'll have it ready by cus the red light problem really bugs me man!!!!

Back