Neutrino UK04 Modification - feedback, comments, suggestions, bugs & fixes here!

Donnie Darko said:
Old image try a newer 1 from the downloads.

Cheers mate, from what I have read it seems that Gemini 2.9 is the only other one to try, would you agree with this or would you recommend any others?

As I say the freezing issue is my only minor niggle but overall I think it is a cracking image.

:Cheers: mate

mcg1888 said:
Cheers mate, from what I have read it seems that Gemini 2.9 is the only other one to try, would you agree with this or would you recommend any others?

As I say the freezing issue is my only minor niggle but overall I think it is a cracking image.

:Cheers: mate

I had problems with UK04, box hanging all the time, sky sports 1 freezing among other channels. I tried Gemini 2.90 and it's 100% perfect.

how stable is this image over a matter of weeks any gliching or is it rock solid is it as stable as gemini 2.90 . :BLOBBY:

bloodstone1964 said:
how stable is this image over a matter of weeks any gliching or is it rock solid is it as stable as gemini 2.90 . :BLOBBY:

As you can see from above, it wasn't stable at all for me. Always having to reboot! I have had to reboot only about 3 times running Gemini in a 2 month period. Only because the channel changing was very slow!

ok thank do you no any thing about the motarola booster .does it make a diffrence is it better than the argos boosters,?

would boot up initially

wouldnt pick anything up on the scan but then i changed the time zone and it locked up then froze on reboot

now using gemini 3 :p

the single port argos slx1 boosters are the only booster worth paying for

mostuk boosters only operate with a specified frequency

Speedy2206 said:
If you put the newcamd or evocamd file into /var/emu and reboot the box then the image will autodetect it and set everything up for you :)

update, i have tried gemini 2.9 but had a few issues with picture quality so I reverted back to uk04, i like the feel of the layout as I was a sportstar man with the d box

anyways, all my channels seemed to be working superb BUT just stuck on the music channels tonight and most of them seem blocky BUT only the music channels everything else is champion (bit like Celtic LOL sorry Devilfish) would installing newcamd or evocamd help this as I could change emu

ps, if this does help do I have to extract the emus from my dbox, i have my dbox on the now just to test the music channels and they are fine

:Cheers: guys

bloodstone1964 said:
ok thank do you no any thing about the motarola booster .does it make a diffrence is it better than the argos boosters,?

Yes mate the motorolla booster is better than argos 1 as it is a broad band droper and provides a lower ber with good signal quality. I have compared slx and others but the motorola is better. However will not cure the freezing probs with uk neut images. As this does not seem to be signal probs. but image problem.

Good luck.

mcg1888 said:
update, i have tried gemini 2.9 but had a few issues with picture quality so I reverted back to uk04, i like the feel of the layout as I was a sportstar man with the d box

anyways, all my channels seemed to be working superb BUT just stuck on the music channels tonight and most of them seem blocky BUT only the music channels everything else is champion (bit like Celtic LOL sorry Devilfish) would installing newcamd or evocamd help this as I could change emu

ps, if this does help do I have to extract the emus from my dbox, i have my dbox on the now just to test the music channels and they are fine

:Cheers: guys

UPDATE****

right guys, i have extracted the emus from a dbox image and put them into the dream box, once i rebooted it found the new emus ok

the problem is still there even with these emus installed and changing emus

i have checked the signal on all the main channels and everything seems excellent BUT why is it just some music channels than the BER rates are through the roof, the other two signals are only slightly off the normal levels

if i got a booster / atteunter(sp) will this have a knock on effect on the channels that are ok the now if i try and increase or decrease the signal?

cheers

hello all,

Just to let you know how i got epg on front row.

1. Installed uk04
2. Copied my dbox service files onto dream box
3. Installed dreambox sectionsd inc installer.rar (from a previous post)

Now I have all channels even full epg on front row. Its been running for 2 days no hanging, glitches etc.

hope this info helps someone.

regards
agentx

Back