Neutrino UK04 Modification - feedback, comments, suggestions, bugs & fixes here!

Works great...

Ok,
Installed UK04 with no probs...

1 - glad to see the bouquets issue is fixed.
2 - installed a new boot logo and it was picked up by the new software update
3 - Anti OW script worked on default bouquets and once I had upped mine
4 - New scan didn't find any further channels (but found what I have)
5 - Dont have FR so cannot verify any of those fixes same with dbox conversion

Overall it looks great, am curious regarding the web interface, uk02 used 1.38 uk03 was at 1.41 and this switches back to 1.36.....

Very good (like the vocal touch m8) you have managed to put together a nice stable image that works a treat for me.

On behalf of all of us here on DW I just want to let you know that we are all very grateful for the time, effort & energy you have put into this. :Cheers:

: thanks : hi liam thanks for great image
pics look realy clear on my plasma
but i can confirm that front row epg gose not work in n.lincs area
epg works ok on dbox sportser

but hey its no great problem its just good to have a great image
keep up the great work

hi,
where to add our dbox service file for conversion.
is there any diffrent procedure this time?.

otherwise image is realy great and its looks more profesional. its getting better and better keep it up liam. Great....

cheers:Cheers:

flashed uk 04 last nite was working very good until this moment picture freezes and screen went blank now it will not even respond to the remote. any suggestions lads. its has been work tiil 12 this morning with no problems.

icaicm said:
flashed uk 04 last nite was working very good until this moment picture freezes and screen went blank now it will not even respond to the remote. any suggestions lads. its has been work tiil 12 this morning with no problems.

Does it still happen after you have turn off the box and turn back on? This is a strange one. I tested this from the day that the bouquets list was fixed, right up until release time; which was more than 12 hours. Also had it on last night from 12am til 1:10pm and still working fine... any technical guys have an explanation for this?

I know that the reason we blamed this on for the DBOX2 was the signal strength... if the signal was too low for one particular channel then after a while the evocamd would crash and the box freeze. But I didnt think we had this same problem on the dreambox...

liamcrayden said:
I know that the reason we blamed this on for the DBOX2 was the signal strength... if the signal was too low for one particular channel then after a while the evocamd would crash and the box freeze. But I didnt think we had this same problem on the dreambox...

I think this may well be the same then as my 500c often locks up on BBC1 or NASN, I checked the services.xml and both are in the same QAM, so probably a signal problem on that freq. For me normally it's just a case of change channel up and down to sort it, sometimes I have to unplug the box from the mains then it's ok.

Frenchman

Last edited:
k-net2020 said:
Ok,
Installed UK04 with no probs...

*snip*

Overall it looks great, am curious regarding the web interface, uk02 used 1.38 uk03 was at 1.41 and this switches back to 1.36.....

Very good (like the vocal touch m8) you have managed to put together a nice stable image that works a treat for me.

On behalf of all of us here on DW I just want to let you know that we are all very grateful for the time, effort & energy you have put into this.
:Cheers:

Thanks.
The webinterface was lowered to 1.36 in an attempt to fix stability problems with the live web streaming and various other things. The older version appeared to work better :)
[you lot may well disagree... your comments are welcome]

Liam

For me the live streaming is worse than uk02.....the picture breaks up very badly....with uk02 the picture was fine but sound was shite....now sound and picture are shite........ive yet to attempt to record to pc...not tried it with this image yet but im not holding my breath as i have never been able to record to pc.

OK, will change the webinterface with the next update... I may well seek the use of k-net2020 for the enhancements :)

Liam

yes liam it happens when you turn it off nad than back on. Alsoi just reflashed uk04 again after the problem i had and compied my services and everything was running ok. just switched off and plug it back in my son's room and everything stop and its says no channel and cam setting nad it seems to gone to just a plain neutrino image because even the colours had changed. i ahve decided to put back uk02 because it worked perfect and did not have any problem like that with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Liam
Have installed 04 and it works fine. Thanks for your hard work.
Spanky

Guess what....i still cant record :(......however, mount settings are now sticking doing it via the box so that is good news, ill see if my neighbour soanky has had any luck, he da IT man....Liam anything different about setting up recording on this ?

loady said:
my neighbour soanky has had any luck, he da IT man....

Think you'll find that's Spanky not Soaky won't ya Lewdy???

Am just doing a scan of TV and Radio - 23 Transponders so far without any TV, Radio or Data results - will check vlc afterwards

loady said:
Guess what....i still cant record :(......however, mount settings are now sticking doing it via the box so that is good news, ill see if my neighbour soanky has had any luck, he da IT man....Liam anything different about setting up recording on this ?

I think I'll give recording a go myself... no harm in trying. Recording is one of the only things I dont test when I do an image. At least the mount settings are sticking this time :)

Think you'll find that's Spanky not Soaky won't ya Lewdy???

Am just doing a scan of TV and Radio - 23 Transponders so far without any TV, Radio or Data results - will check vlc afterwards

Think you'll find i typed Soanky if your gonna split hairs: spank : :banana: : tosser :

The first update for UK04 will be released very shortly.
The update currently includes:

Re-structured startup script... should be faster.
Webinterface version 1.4.2 [customized]
Standby/shutdown fix
DBOX2 Bouquets Conversion
Menu "plop" is turned off by default
Faster Scanning (hopefully)
Stability fixes for various things

... plus anything else that is found at the time.
This will be done by form of a .rar file which you will download from this site and FTP to the box and install via on-screen menus. Instructions will be included.

loady said:
Think you'll find i typed Soanky if your gonna split hairs: spank : :banana: : tosser :
But that would make moi sound like a tosser : tosser :

Same problems as I had with 02 regarding streaming. Where were the instructions for mount etc? I can't find them

Last edited:
Hi Flashed image rebooted - love the see through menu
I had a problem with picture breaking up on a few channels - no Sky Sports 2. I have put this down to the 02 serive scan that I FTP'd up to 04. So doing a fresh scan to see if it picks them up better and then will make new bouquets.

Will keep you posted no doubt -
Cheers

Back