Neutrino UK04 Modification - feedback, comments, suggestions, bugs & fixes here!

S

Speedy2206

[SIZE=+1]THE PASSWORD TO OPEN THE .RAR FILE IS WWW.WORLD-OF-DIGITAL.COM (LOWERCASE)[/SIZE]

I'm very pleased at how this image eventually came out.
This is the direct replacement for UK03, which will now no longer be supported.
If you still have the UK03 image saved to your computer, you are advised to
delete it.

# Re-designed the default UK04 Boot Logo
# Added Startup Script and "Self-Check", which detects any problems
# EPG fix gets manually 'inserted' each time you boot (this fixes an error)
# Software changes are picked up and automatically reflected
# DBOX2Dreambox Converter Script "ready to go"
# New emu's/other core files are installed automatically
# Re-designed the DBOX2 Conversion screen
# DBOX files are double-checked for compatibility
# ANTI-0W script now functions perfectly with all service files
# Added "update" feature; if a new image is available you are alerted :)
# Fixed Alpha Blending problem in previous UK02+
# Games are pre-installed
# Carried over the menu "plop" sound (can be switched off)
# mgcamd is installed with nagra autoupdate key files
# NEWCAMD/EVOCAMD ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THIS RELEASE - ADD THESE MANUALLY
# Bouquets List now fully fixed (OK button, left, right, up and down)
# Couple of minor translations corrected
# Remapped file system for better DBOX2 compatibility
# Network Settings FIXED! Previous image had problems
# EXPERIMENTAL Front Row Fix - not working for all users
# Improved Streaming/Recording
# Gavs NV1 magic files (thanks to gav12345 for these!)
# Lowered sound volume of initial boot screen
# Changed option in Video setup so compatible with more TVs
# Generic delays altered slightly

Overall its a massively improved image, you may not see much on the outside
but inside there are alot of enhancements.

[SIZE=+1]THE PIN CODE FOR THE SERVICE MENU AND PARENTAL CONTROL IS 1234![/SIZE]

Feedback here please :)
Liam

Just downloaded it Liam am off to have a shower and get a bottle of vodka will then flash it and let you know many thanks

Just realized I missed out a few bits; these can be sorted with an automatic update so no problems there :)

Whats Missing?
Shutdown/Standy Fix - just tried, doesnt work.
Automatic emu start - when you first turn on your box the first channel displayed will not clear; this is sorted by switching to another, and then back again.
Front Row EPG Fix - need someone to find out if its working

I can set your box to auto update the files when new ones are released. For this to work, all you have to do is reboot the box and say "yes" to the update screen.

Whats included in the update?
Standby/Shutdown Fix
Automatic emu start
VOIP Addon
MSN Messenger Addon
Quicker image startup
Any other fixes to bugs you find

This update will be released in about 4-5 days.
I'll have a little break and then try my hand at an enigma image :)
... after that its a holiday for me I think lol

Liam

I was just wondering if there is a way to convert your DBOX bouquet file to work with the DreamBox. I know the image can't do it like it does service files, but is there any software already out there?

Hi liam at work just now but will try this when i get home, just one thing!!

NEWCAMD/EVOCAMD, i didnt know where to put these on the other image but eventually found out but i have forgotten.

thanks

I dont think there is... mainly because there isnt supposed to be a neutrino image for Dreamboxs, you cant even build the whole thing completely from the CVS... the ruDream team somehow come up with a way of doing it and I have just compiled bits and pieces to accompany it.

The ruDream Neutrino image has a different neutrino service file format anyway, and I'm not aware of any software that'll do it at this time.

I might be able to come up with a DBOX2 bouquet converter to put into the image, but dont quote me on that.

lyndseyb52 said:
Hi liam at work just now but will try this when i get home, just one thing!!

NEWCAMD/EVOCAMD, i didnt know where to put these on the other image but eventually found out but i have forgotten.

thanks

If you put the newcamd or evocamd file into /var/emu and reboot the box then the image will autodetect it and set everything up for you :)

ive just set it up now liam but i have a bit of a problem, it boots up ok nice logo and sound then goes straight to e4 but heres the problem if i use the up/down button it only goes to e4+1 and just skips to these two when button is pressed, if i enter a ch numbe ie 1 bbc1 my channel up and down dont work at all i can go in to menu and into keypress everything is set ok but it just doesnt work. any ideas
thank you

Image looks very nice so far Liam and is working perfectly. Just one quick question : how do you turn off the beeps when you use the remote? It's killing me

osborne82 said:
ive just set it up now liam but i have a bit of a problem, it boots up ok nice logo and sound then goes straight to e4 but heres the problem if i use the up/down button it only goes to e4+1 and just skips to these two when button is pressed, if i enter a ch numbe ie 1 bbc1 my channel up and down dont work at all i can go in to menu and into keypress everything is set ok but it just doesnt work. any ideas
thank you

Which service files did you use? Your old ones from my previous UK02 image... a DBOX2 converted file..... or a fresh new scan?

apintofmilk said:
Image looks very nice so far Liam and is working perfectly. Just one quick question : how do you turn off the beeps when you use the remote? It's killing me

Main Menu -> Settings Menu -> Key Setup -> Key Click = "OFF" :)

sorry i forgot to say it wa my old one from uko2

Think it could be to do with the service files.... I will PM you a link to my secret stash on digital world...could you upload your services.xml, bouquets.xml, and ubouquets.xml files there please ;)

Liam im having a problem scanning with the new image. Its only scanned 1 transponder in the last 40 minutes and its still showing the 1 transponder.

osborne82 said:
sorry i forgot to say it wa my old one from uko2

Thanks for uploading. Luckily this is an easy fix and nothing wrong with my image :) (I was worried for a second, lol)

The problem is that your bouquets.xml file is corrupt.
FTP into your box and delete both the bouquets.xml and ubouquets.xml files, and then reboot

Should sort it :)
Liam

I've also posted this in the area I directed you to just incase you dont see this ;)

I've flashed your new image to the box again Liam, Its starting to find the transponders but its taking a little longer than the 02 image would take. I will let you know how I get on.

The cables.xml is slightly larger in this version and scans a wider range of frequencies, which is probably why its taking slightly longer :)

thank you for that, just stared a rescan and chose erase all its on 18 transponders so far should i just wait for it to finish then do what you said?
or stop it now reload my services file and then reboot
thanks

Back