Neutrino UK04 Modification - feedback, comments, suggestions, bugs & fixes here!

Probably quicker to just cancel the scan and delete those files

Just realised you had actually given a fix for the 'plop' sound along with the image.

One more quick thing, is there any way to remove the audio that plays at the start? I assume it's been put in place of the swoosh. Other than that, I'm liking this image. A lot of useful features

Unfortunately the audio keeps the timing within the startup script so not really recommended until Ive done my update...
(but definately possible after the script has changed)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Liam

Newbie bloke here. Just loaded your new image.Have started scan and it is now picking up the transponders.

Just seems to be taking a bit longer than before so the message on the street is 'be patient'

Will let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Gory

Hi, it'll probably take slightly longer for most users because it scans a wider range of frequencies, [i think i modded the file anyway!] so thats where the extra minutes come from when your doing a scan :)

*** NOTICE ABOUT SCANNING ON NEUTRINO UK04 MODIFICATION ***

Some of you are having trouble doing working scans.
There is ONE dummy channel preloaded into the image called "NO CHANNELS AVAILABLE". This will disappear if you replace the services.xml file or do a new scan.

WHEN SCANNING:
Ensure that you set the "Bouquet" to "leave existing" or "update". DO NOT USE "Satellite Bouquet", "Create new" or "Erase all" - this causes problems (its not a problem with this image; all CVS images do it).

Then allow it to scan.
WHEN THE SCAN IS COMPLETE, REBOOT YOUR BOX.

If after this you find that you cannot use the up/down arrows, FTP into your box and delete both the ubouquets.xml and bouquets.xml files from /var/tuxbox/config/zapit.

Not sure what the problem is here, but its only affecting a handful of users.
Liam

all back up and running now liam cheers for the advice and can i say thanks for the effort you have put into the new image :proud:

All working here Liam

Like I said before, just takes a bit longer to scan.

Have put you forward for the New Years Honors list.Trouble is its only Jan.You've got a bit of a wait.

Another top job mate.

Gory

hi i have had a image on for about an hour it look,s very good got epg on some front row channels i will keep you posted ............well done for another masterclass.........:Clap: :Clap:

me again liam sorry to be a pain but ive sorted all ny bouquets out now and now the menu button doesnt work ive tried rebooting the box but that doesnt seem to work. :CRYBABY:

yes it is liam but i reflashed it and put my service files and bouquet and it now works a treat cheers
(untill i mess it up agian lol)

So far so good Liam, well done m8......is this going to be the base on neutrino now and anything else new will be released as an update ? i think this would be a good idea, as all add ons could be saved in a rar file and updated with all updates and fixes and instructions for each contain within when they are released, then people could download the base image and the addon rar and install just the updates and add ons they need, would this be less work for you on neutrino images then ?.

Good luck with the enigma and spend a little time with the young lady in your avatar ;)

Hi liam image is working great, can you tell me how to do the frontrow epg again. thanks

liam not had a chance to get into this as am working all week-end (night shift did you fix the red standby light (lol) sorry just read it again and i answered my own question its not fixed (can hear you now "why dont you read it " lol)never mind ill put it down to the night shifts

Last edited:
very good image liam. much appreciated for the hard work you have put in mate. thanx

Thanks for the new image liam, im gonna load it up tomorrow when I finally get around to connecting my dreambox to my network.... im soooo laaazy i

just finished loading the uk04 image. what can i say its very impressive liam works very good. like it a lot. but one little query no EPG on front row mate any idea why?:banana:

I just worked out a way to also convert your DBOX2 bouquets file to Dreambox format... this will allow you to keep your channel order as you have set it up on the DBOX2 :)

Previously, only your services.xml file could be converted. Both files are now able to be converted using the DBOX2Dreambox Conversion Script.

This will be included in the next update for the UK04 image :)
(no need to release a new image or reflash... you can update via the menus :))

Liam

Back