nbox 5800sx HELP!!!

What a t**t I am! Didn't have the 2nd usb formatted to ext3 before installing your backup. Flying now!
Thanks again blue!!

Hi

is there a external link for this file please.

Posted at least 5 times but still cant download..

thank you.

dave king

Hi

thank you.

dave king
Yes and they were all clocking so I removed them. 5 decent posts then 24hrs before downloads

Hi

thank you.

dave king

Mate you need to have five worthwhile posts and not just rubbish and I see your earlier posts have been removed for clocking and also wait for 24 hours after joining forum before you have download rights..Sorry.
Ps what file are you wanting?

I did try it a while ago, but it's not quite there yet.....better stick with Hyperion V4

Cheers Blue, will do.
Another question, I've been experimenting with the box since and have replaced the stock hdd with an ssd. I've installed a usb image to it sucessfully. I'm now wondering if its possible to partition the drive first, install to a 10GB sda1 partition and boot from that? I've got as far as installing to the partition but cannot seem to boot into it. Am I wasting my time?

FreeSat.

Cheers Blue, will do.
Another question, I've been experimenting with the box since and have replaced the stock hdd with an ssd. I've installed a usb image to it sucessfully. I'm now wondering if its possible to partition the drive first, install to a 10GB sda1 partition and boot from that? I've got as far as installing to the partition but cannot seem to boot into it. Am I wasting my time?

FreeSat.

It is possible, but if you install to the hard drive it will be going all the time

You only need a small partition, the NAND flash is about 60mb. So a 1GB would be plenty

And if you get a corrupt image you will have to start again

I have 3 USB flash drives setup if I get any problems I just swap....fast as a boot up

It is possible, but if you install to the hard drive it will be going all the time

You only need a small partition, the NAND flash is about 60mb. So a 1GB would be plenty

And if you get a corrupt image you will have to start again

I have 3 USB flash drives setup if I get any problems I just swap....fast as a boot up

I hear Ya, I've a USB ready to rock in-case. Have you ever got the samba server running on Hyp4? I have it running on my AA2+ and download direct to the HDD. Would be nice on this box too.

Anyone got the autotimer plugin? The one that works on long press of green button in cool gv guide?

im having a problem with my nbox 5800sx the epgimport has no sources please could anyone help

Ok it's a good image..you need to pull the power lead out then press the arrow up key on the front of the box next to the ok button and keep it pressed in....then plug back in

It will then go through your options you need to look for b4t or b4u then press ok.....this will change the boot loader for Hyperion

You will also need the set where the image is installed and boots from, repeat the same but this time you should have different options you need to look for n- Hyperion then hit ok

You can now install the NAND version of Hyperion v4

Give me a min I will put the link to download

Download PKT_NBOX_E2_HYPERION_v4_NAND.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

To upload to your Nbox be sure that you have B4T uboot preinstalled or duo multi uboot.
If you using duo multi uboot change to B4T uboot.

How to install

We need:
Pendrive formatted to FAT32
File with hyperion unzipped see above.

Extract files to your pendrive.
Should be on pendrive 3 files:.....to just the root not in a folder

rootfs.img
uImage
update

Connect your pendrive to receiver. Connect power supply and when on screen is nbox messange pressing arrow up and go to UPDATE than press OK.
Wait until screen show OK. Disconnect power supply and connect again. Pressing arrow up to to N-Hyperion and press OK.

i have also posted the update file you will need it the hyperionandlater_update file you need

good luck

can anyone help my nbox 5800sx has messed up before it go messed up it used to say Uboot nand nbox ssh gratalia pli sh4 git enigma 2
id like to get it back to the same image does anyone know how to do this as im new to this.
cheers

Hyperion V4 Fully loaded BBC iplayer, ITV player, sly look skin and more….

I have had a lot of people asking for help regarding Hyperion V4 and how to install to USB/HDD and install all the extras

So I have made a backup copy of Hyperion V4 USB…its fully loaded, B4T uboot is required……then select USH1…all the plugins work and are pre-configured........edit rats plugin is no longer supported and bbc iplayer no longer works

Plugins installed

E2 Autobouqets……currently set to North West

Rats channel List....thanks to Rat

Rats Picons....thanks to Rat and snapman

ITV player.....thanks to tomthered

BBC iplayer....thanks to tomthered

Sly skin HD ver 0.7...thanks to abell431

crossEPG……0.8.1 (new version) currently set to update 03.55 daily

TS media…..7.91 (new version) lots of updates

CoolTV Guide….7.3 (new version)

Media portal….5.5.0 (new version)

No EMU is provided….but oscam 7750 and 7188 are installed

I have tested this image it will record 2 different channels at the same time

The only thing you need to create is a folder called picon to the root of the hard drive and copy your picons.png files to that location

This image is setup as free to air only

The current skin is set to PKT silver…..and the current channel list is Rats only
And BBC1 is set to start when the box boots

There is a lot included just remove what you don’t want

Regards

Blue

Please note this is for USB/HDD only........not NAND

https://www.sendspace.com/file/4ynxti

instructions

you need a working image to do this

There are 2 different types of Hyperion V4 images NAND and USB you will need the USB/HDD....above

you would be better installing to USB as the HDD will be going all the time

This can be done from within the PKT Blue Panel. I use image Nebula Zero v2…….or any nand image boot the box into nand

Copy over the USB version of your image (hyperion USB/HDD version) to your hard drive media/hdd/ (not in a folder)

Use the Disk Manager (inside Install Manager) press the blue button and create new partion make sure you select sdb1 (sda1 is your hard drive)

You can make 2 partitions sdb1 and format ext3 and sdb2 swap give the rest of the free space (but I noticed when it boots up it says swap part on)

BTW I just made sdb1 format ext3 and used all the space (4GB USB flash drive pen) then it says (swap on) on boot up

It should say making partion then formatting (just make sure you don’t format sda1 as you will loose you recorded programs)

When done back out and select install manager…you should see 2 setting the top one is were to install to sdb1 the bottom should be your hyperion V4 USB image off you hard drive you ftp over

Then press the red button to install the image to USB

If you have a USB stick you must select USH1 to boot into not nand

hi ive done all you have said and when booting up the box is stuck on ush1 and wont boot, any ideas?

hi guys i have a nbox 5800s .
it had a pli enigma image on it and i tried to replace the skin with a sly skin i made and it crashed.
now i have a problem because i dont have a copy of the iimage that was on it.
im after a good stable image with cross epg and oscam .
if peeps know of a good image please let me know.
also i would like to know how to flash it but im worried ill kill it.

it booted up uboot then says on lcd nbox then goes to e2
is there a certain image i need.
i know how to flash many opther boxes but this worrys me..
please help

fraggs aka fraggle121

Last edited:
hi guys i have a nbox 5800s .
it had a pli enigma image on it and i tried to replace the skin with a sly skin i made and it crashed.
now i have a problem because i dont have a copy of the iimage that was on it.
im after a good stable image with cross epg and oscam .
if peeps know of a good image please let me know.
also i would like to know how to flash it but im worried ill kill it.

it booted up uboot then says on lcd nbox then goes to e2
is there a certain image i need.
i know how to flash many opther boxes but this worrys me..
please help

fraggs aka fraggle121
follow blues instructions and you cant go far wrong, youll need to read this thread from post 1 and make sure you have a good usb pen drive as these recievers tend to not like the cheap sort,. Also i felt the same when i first got my box but can now flash it within 10 mins without any instruction good luck

I've just downloaded the files will attempt after emmerdale farm how sad am I lol...
hope u will be about in a bit to give me a little help m8..

Ok before I murder my box would u mind looking at this boot up video just to make sure I'm about to flash the correct image m8....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v52ds42xq3isusy/20150410_193347.mp4?dl=0

If I put a usb dangle on and hold chan up button it gives me options of nand hd or usb.not sure what this means. i think it's just asking if I want to boot from those,..

Last edited:
If you want to use my image you will need to read the first post....and understand what you are doing

The video you posted uses a different image, looks like enigma e2

you will need to change the boot loader.....the box when it boots up should say nbox

Ok ill look up on changing bootloader..cheers

When I do the following.
Ok it's a good image..you need to pull the power lead out then press the arrow up key on the front of the box next to the ok button and keep it pressed in....then plug back in

It will then go through your options you need to look for b4t or b4u then press ok.....this will change the boot loader for Hyperion

I don't get option I just get the following.

NFS
PKTN
NAND
HDD3
HDD2
HDD1
USB B
USB A
Am I doing somthing wrong sorry to be a pain ..

Last edited:
Back