nbox 5800sx HELP!!!

just installed hyperon v4 seen to be running fine whats the best oscam to install ,ive converted my nline using ccan to oscam any tut to install or can some1 upload there oscam server file i think minus there details and i can just edit...thanks

Oscam 7750

[reader]
label = <anything>
protocol = newcamd
key = 0102030405060708091011121314
device = DNS_address,port_number
account = username,password
group = 1
fallback = 1

i have entered all as above but still not working im using oscam7750 i know im a pain ..

just got it going bluepassat thanks for everything...

Last edited:
1 more thing made a folder for picons in hdd.. Where are the png files to put In the folder thanks

Checkout forum member rat and near the bottom of his signature

Thanks to him and snapman

Picons sorted now, how do I return to TV from the radio, the blue TV button does not seem to do anything.. Thanks

Last edited:
Just trying to install the Nand image but the box is stuck on boot, any ideas??

ace5 you need to select a radio station then press the TV button

Last edited:
i have got everything running great off usb with everything installed and working thanks to bluepassats fully loaded backup my question is what is the best way to do a backup of my usb image now so i can put it on another usb for backup

does anybody know how to boot usb image on to hdd i would just like to know and try it?

does anybody else have a problem with sky hd skin not showing now and next on these images

how do i reformatt the built in haed drive i think it might be corrupt does anybody know

does anybody know how to get tsmedia to work nothing works on it and kodi i only have allinone working genesis etc dont work

I ran this image when it was first avail for nbox, it's looks the same as 4.0 however I couldn't get the box to playback recordings.....it just green screens the box

Regards blue

Hi

First let me say thank you for a great thread. It is inspiring to see how much help is available.

I am looking for some assistance please on a few issues. I have done a fresh install of Hyperion 4 on my 5800s and I can see FTA channels.

1. I have a TNK polish subscription card and get a good SNR on the channels but don't get any picture or sound on the encrypted channels. Having read this thread I am unsure what I need to add to my installation to get the receiver to decode the encrypted channels on nc+ provider. Can someone please advise? I don't think the virgin installation has any CAMs but I think it has to do with installing a CAM?

2. When I look at the satfinder to view the information of the signal being received, it says
- singnal strength 88%
- signal quality 60%
- BER 12
The bar for BER is non existent (ie. very low). My question is, is this BER acceptable or do I really need a BER of 0? My SNR for the various FTA channels is usually between 60% - 90% when I look at the info bar for a channel. Picture is crystal clear and super stable - no breakups or pixelation.

3. I am having a problem with connecting LAN. I have ordered what I believe is a compatible WiFi USB adapter. But in the mean time, could anyone advise on this issue. I connect cable from Xyxel broadband router to nbox (used the lead from the PC that I know works). Setup with the following settings:

Use Interface: yes
Use DHCP: off
IP address of the box: 192.168.1.75 (statically assigned)
net mask of the box: 255.255.255.0
Gateway of the box: 192.168.1.1 (address of the Xyxel router)

result of test as follows:

1, LAN adapter connection {ok}
2, Local Network connected {fail}
3, DHCP {disabled}
4, IP Address {unconfirmed}
5, Name server {unconfirmed}

The light on the specific router port does not turn on which seems like there could be a hardware issue with the LAN port on the nbox. Any thoughts please before I take a screwdriver to open the nbox?

4. I am thinking about installing a HDD in my 5800 (came without one). What HDD is required - presumably SATA 3.5". Can anyone please confirm? What steps are required to setup the new HDD once installed?

5. In Hyperion, if one presses the 'Setup' button the receiver switches to radio mode. How does one get back to TV mode?

Thank you in advance for the generosity of your time and responses.
Sean

Last edited:
Your box is not connected to the net you need to run the network wizard again and set dhcp to yes in both fields...don't bother with a wifi dongle as they are too problematic

The hard drive comes with a 250gb sata 3.5 hard drive but it has a holder in the box....is it still there.

To change back to radio to tv the 3 buttons nr the setup bottom control that....from memory you press 1 then the other

Hope this helps

Agree with bluepassat i used wifi dongle at first but it was a nightmare ,switched over to a homeplug with rj245 cable and connected straight away and run the image off the usb stick.

Your box is not connected to the net you need to run the network wizard again and set dhcp to yes in both fields...don't bother with a wifi dongle as they are too problematic

The hard drive comes with a 250gb sata 3.5 hard drive but it has a holder in the box....is it still there.

To change back to radio to tv the 3 buttons nr the setup bottom control that....from memory you press 1 then the other

Hope this helps

Hi Bluepassat

Thank you for you response. Do you think that changing to DHCP would result in the activity/connectivity light on the router lighting up? I will give it a go later but I would have expected to see activity on the router's port irrespective of DHCP setting.

You say that I have to setup DHCP in two places - please be more clear. I see only one place in the settings to specify DHCP.

The unit was sold to me on ebay without HDD so I think it was removed. Will the drive configure itself if I install one?

On my remote, I have the following button layout:

<R>......<G>......<Y>......<B>

1............2............ 3
Setup.....0............*

Can you please clarify which buttons to press to change from radio to tv mode?

Are you able to advise on what I need to add to the virgin Hyerion4 install to make it read the satellite subscription card?

Thank you and sorry for being a pain in the ....

Last edited:
you need to run the network wizard again....press opt.....setup....system....network.....network wizard.....then set use interface to yes......use DHCP to yes

to change radio to tv guides first enter the radio list then press 0 it should change to tv

to configure the hard drive after fitting go into pkt blue panel.....mount centre.....HDD manager....then select /dev/sda1 on the top setting then press green

done

Hi

im a noob, does anyone know if the you can flash the sky skin v2.5 to the nbox? and how this is done?

thanks

Back