Software ‎Confessions and Ramblings of an Early UK Computer Software Pirate.

One clever mofo who did the coding and protection on an Amiga 4000 (if I remember right) and the other who ran the business side of things. There were also about 3 others who were close in with the “Blobby” side of things. Fun fact .. the Voodoo CD series was also created by the “Blobby” gang if I remember rightly.
I guest my story is close to yours as was im the amiga scene working close with who i will call Rob and John (i still have the original 1x cd writer that burnt Blobby one) - I started selling migy floppies at st helens bootee and was a PC builder of the ibm 386 windows 3..
I will read the rest of the thread before I comment anymore as we even survived the BIG Trading Standards Bust and thats a story on its own...

Anybody from Manchester reading this may know who Derek is, he dabbled in lots of things, but all from his Kitchen in South Manchester. I was to find out Derek (who became my boss later in life) was such a nice guy. Nice until you crossed him type of guy!
was derek John 2 that also took on the Voodoo ;)

The story sounds similar to my own. I think I got my first CD writer around 1998 ish at the cost of £260. Think it was a Ricoh. CD's were expensive and I was burning them on the Amiga via the SCSI interface so ended up with a lot of failures.

I do remember the Blobby and Playdoh CD's. I might even still have some somewhere!

I also ran a BBS. Think that was in about 1994-5

Bowlers used to be awesome for picking up CD's outside

Back