Flat ribbon cable help

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I can someone help me source out a flat ribbon cable?. Its a nieces small electric keyboard. As in the picture total is 22pin x 23mm wide 100mm long but up to 200m should be fine (same side). I can find Hong Kong but I'm after UK if possible. I replaced a broken key but I didn't know the blue bit on the cable had slid off the back and the pins got chewed , I've tried flattening glueing but its not having any of it

Attachments

• 20211102_111422.jpg
    20211102_111422.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
after a bit of thought I followed this guide. I first multi metered and found pins 21- 22 dead so I cut back the cable about 10mm and scraped away the plastic and low and behold fixed
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's funny how you forget I just never thought, old age that. The times I've sanded back traces on old tv box boards (coughs, coughs again louder) and kynar wired across

"..It's funny how you forget I just never thought, old age that. The times I've sanded back traces on old tv box boards (coughs, coughs again louder) and kynar wired across..."

Gotta to keep Pace with things.... ;)

I still have my old UP48a somewere in the loft I bet it's worthless should have sold it all them years ago when it was worth sonething

Got my old willem programmer with TSOP collecting dust

Still going for a few pounds m8 and can program loads of different chips with it , but old school now , brings back 2005 years ;)

Last edited:
Back