Navigo GPS Sat Nav Unit - UK Mapping, 3.5" Screen ALSO plays MP3 & MP4 - Free Deliver

when u load the tom tom maps, can you get the camera database also?

I got tomtom software. The version I have doesnt require the navgo unlock pack. But I tried that unlock pack, neat stuff, windows explorer on the satnav.
anyways, I renamed tomtom directory to be mobilenavigator and the exe in there to be mobilenavigator and it worked, click on Navigation and it goes straight to tomtom.

Anyways, still one issue.

Does anyone know where the maps go? I have the uk maps but what I have is the following

cline.dat
cname.dat
cnode.dat
faces.dat
mapinfo.dat
poi.dat
tmccodes.dat
traffic.dat
UK_and_IE_plus_major_roads_of_WE.mid
UK_and_IE_plus_major_roads_of_WE.pna
UK_and_IE_plus_major_roads_of_WE_v.675.1409.exe

hmmm I found a simplar way of accessing the TOMTOM program or I think I have anyway.
Insted of renaming the folders and file name juse edit shell.init to the director and file name of tomtom.

I got tomtom software. The version I have doesnt require the navgo unlock pack. But I tried that unlock pack, neat stuff, windows explorer on the satnav.
anyways, I renamed tomtom directory to be mobilenavigator and the exe in there to be mobilenavigator and it worked, click on Navigation and it goes straight to tomtom.

Anyways, still one issue.

Does anyone know where the maps go? I have the uk maps but what I have is the following

cline.dat
cname.dat
cnode.dat
faces.dat
mapinfo.dat
poi.dat
tmccodes.dat
traffic.dat
UK_and_IE_plus_major_roads_of_WE.mid
UK_and_IE_plus_major_roads_of_WE.pna
UK_and_IE_plus_major_roads_of_WE_v.675.1409.exe

all them files are in a MAPS folder on the root of my card. go to prefs in the tomtom prog and goto manage maps,switch map, and you should then see UK_and_IE_plus_major_roads. tap that and job done

all them files are in a MAPS folder on the root of my card. go to prefs in the tomtom prog and goto manage maps,switch map, and you should then see UK_and_IE_plus_major_roads. tap that and job done

thanks, this could be my problem. On my 2gig card, I have TurboDog left which has folders Maps and MobileNavigator as well as MioMap and TomTom. Whichever one I want to use, I just rename the foldet to be mobilenavigator.

The fact that maps exist for turbodog could be the issue. I will rename that to mapsTD then put my tomtom maps on.

The version of tomtom I had didnt require any if the setup you specified as it seemed to work straight away. Oh well.

Cheers for that map info. :Clap:

Ok, got it done. This is what I did

1. Copied tomtom directory onto SD card and renamed it to MobileNavigator
2. Renamed exe in there to be mobilenavigator
3. Copied the unlock pack onto the SD card
4. Created a folder on the root drive called My Documents
5. Copied tomtom maps folder into this My Documents folder
6. Started Navigo and clicked on Navigation
7. Went to Windows/Programs and run Windows Explorer
8. Went to Programs/Utils and opened up REGEDIT
9. Went to HKLM\System\Explorer\Shell Folders
10. Changed path of My Documents to SSMMC\My Documents (typed via input panel bottom right)

Now tomtom works. But Im in the hotel room, almost 10 and cant be asked to go outside to see if it picks up GPS signal (as currently it dont).

Did anyone else have a problem getting MioMaps working?

I got an error message, and the only other owner of a Navigo I could find who got an error message was an Australian who owned a Navigo 3775 unit, which I think runs on Win CE 4.2

Is there any way for me to make sure my unit is running on the Win CE 5.0 software and is definitely the most recent Navigo as opposed to the older version?

I got an error message, and the only other owner of a Navigo I could find who got an error message was an Australian who owned a Navigo 3775 unit, which I think runs on Win CE 4.2

Is there any way for me to make sure my unit is running on the Win CE 5.0 software and is definitely the most recent Navigo as opposed to the older version?

What was the error message you are getting? Ive not had any problems and if you got it from eBuyer, I would be surprised if they are selling Navigo with different versions of o/s.
Did you try the upload of MioMap that I put into downloads?

Get MioMap from here
Get the maps from here

Remember to rename miomap folder to be the sam as turbdog i.e. mobilenivagor and exe to mobilenavigator.exe - kinda mimicking turbodog. The maps go in the mobienavigator folder.

Works perfect for me.

I do like MioMap but Im also liking tomtom. Not sure which to stick to now. I got a 2gig card, instead I should of bought a couple of 1gig cards and put different software on each one. Easier to change sticks as Im happy to click the Navigation icon and for the app to start rather than using the unlock pack

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone confirm if the postcode zip file should be on the root of the SD card or in another folder like My Documents...have tried to get the file to work from both locations and doesn't seem to pick it up...I'm not sure if its the version of tomtom or the file..its driving me nuts!

Apart from that I'm impressed with the sat nav....for the price bargain!!! :Clap:

Can anyone confirm if the postcode zip file should be on the root of the SD card or in another folder like My Documents...have tried to get the file to work from both locations and doesn't seem to pick it up...I'm not sure if its the version of tomtom or the file..its driving me nuts!

Apart from that I'm impressed with the sat nav....for the price bargain!!! :Clap:

On the root drive, there should be a folder called zip or zips (cant remember). You chuck it in there.

I got one but stil its 5 character postcode even though it said it was 7. Bit crap.

MioMap that I have working plus TurboDog are both 7character searches.

yes these units are running wince 5.0 and not wince 4.2.

apparently there was loads of glitches when running tomtom software using 4.2 but no glitches when its running on 5.0

I split this thread last week to the Satellite Navigation Sections
HEREso the techy questions could be answered there :)

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, PKS I'll answer in the "technical" thread linked to above, which is appropriately titled "Add New New Maps For Navi-Go sy 885".

If anybody wants a case for this, try this leather case for digital cameras from Argos. I got one two weeks ago, and it is big, too big for my camera but this Navigo fits nicely in it.
And it was only 2.99 - bargain me thinks!!!

Linky Here To Argos

5706622A64UC186210M.jpg

Thanks Mate! ordered one today

this has now gone up £10 :(

has anyone bought a mains charger for this unit ? if so what and where did u get one from :)

apparently if u haven't used ebuyer withing the last 6 months they will let you have this for £49.99
check your ebuyer emails to make sure of price ;) I got an email saying its £69.99 but Ive read some say there email says £49.99

has anyone bought a mains charger for this unit ? if so what and where did u get one from :)

What about using a mains to usb type charger? It might be slower than the real one but they are cheap and easy to find.

apparently if u haven't used ebuyer withing the last 6 months they will let you have this for £49.99
check your ebuyer emails to make sure of price ;) I got an email saying its £69.99 but Ive read some say there email says £49.99

its on ebuyer site for 49.99 was 69.99 but just looked and it s gone donw , without logging in ,just ordered one ,jai

Back