Navigo GPS Sat Nav Unit - UK Mapping, 3.5" Screen ALSO plays MP3 & MP4 - Free Deliver

Just raised an RMA thanks buddy, will see what happens.

Is there any chance of anyone who has tom tom running posting the contents of their sd card somewhere so the likes of moi could use it too as I havent got a clue how to do this

Thanks

Nath

Is there any chance of anyone who has tom tom running posting the contents of their sd card somewhere so the likes of moi could use it too as I havent got a clue how to do this

Thanks

Nath

I would if I had it. I dont have tomtom, not yet anyway so will stick with Turbodog until I get it.
But I havent even seen my navigo yet!

I've used turbodog, tomtom and mio maps so far and I prefer mio maps.

Not tried IGO 8 but thats also supposed to be good.

Very impressed with ebuyer, ordered 2 so far, 1 for me, 1 for my mum and both took 2 days on supersaver up to 5 day delivery

Crazy

If its one thing Im impressed with at eBuyer, its their return policy. If your gonna send it back, you need to raise an RMA. Remember to get a receipt when you send it back as you can claim that money back.

They send their courier to collect all returns from your house which is very convenient.

Mine has been shipped so fingers crossed it will arrive tomorrow :)

going to check out original software first as it has good reports

but wil get a new card to play with the tomtom software too,already downloaded and ready to play :)

cheers for the links FATBBOY,rep given ;)

Thanks

Nath

did you charge the unit up fully when you got it??? and yes you have to keep the standby button pressed in for a few seconds to switch on and off.

just to confirm. i have had brain trainer(same as ds) working along with pool rebel,sim city 2000 and tower mogul all running on this unit. downloading some more games to try out right now..

What games are they that you have got running (what platform) How do you do these amazing and mystical things you clever sod

:Doc:

has anyone tried these out for Ireland?do they pick up certain types of cameras if you know what i mean?

Should I go for one of these or go for Mio 168 and put TomTom on it. Which one is better out of these two, any suggestions would be really helpful.
Thanks

Well Im home, pissed off I couldnt get onto the national lottery site to buy the ticket online, the website must of been under some serious stress! so there goes that 95mill I was gonna win.

Anyways back to reality, Ive played a little with Navigo, I put on Mp3's and a WMV file and both played quite well.

Ive put on the 7postcode search update from Ebuyer and is currently charging (though it was quite charged up anyway).

Only problem is cant find gps signal and yes I even tried outside, it just stays for absolute ages saying waiting for gps signal. So Im gonna try driving to a different location and see if that helps.

it does say in the manual it can take 15 minutes from cold to find Satellites,have u waited that long m8 ?

it does say in the manual it can take 15 minutes from cold to find Satellites,have u waited that long m8 ?

5mins not quite 15mins, damn I should read the manual more often than not. It seemed so simple to do.

Thanks rat for that. I'll leave it running

EDIT: ha, that was quick. All sorted now. Tomorrow I will have a play. I can't wait.

Last edited:
u got me worried now lol Ive stuck mine outside now see if it picks anything up lol
paranoid ;)

u got me worried now lol Ive stuck mine outside now see if it picks anything up lol
paranoid ;)

ha, :) Its like you said mate, leave it on for a while. I just left it on charge, didnt even have to go outside.

Now to sort out this other problem. Sound stretching (like a dodgy audio cassette tape) on my starview thebox. Seems to be a common problem. I should of stuck with my old starview 1 - never any problems with that. Ive got latest s/w so hoping it goes away after a while - thats what someone has reported.

It plays WMV files also, so not bad. I will put on some movies on my 2gig kingston and check it out.

EDIT: Listened to some old skool Gary Moore - sounds pretty good to me. :banana:

Last edited:
:) pick up Satellites withing 10 minutes :)

I put a sample AVI on it and it played back video but had no sound ,MP3 played ok
Ill check another AVI out tomorrow

all in all very happy with it but Ill put it to the test tomorrow ;)

What games are they that you have got running (what platform) How do you do these amazing and mystical things you clever sod

:Doc:

glad to see people are getting on fine with this!!! the games are palm pc/pdq platform! trial and error

I have the maps three zip files, but can only unzip one of them, the other two have crc errors when i try to unzip them. Anybody else had this problem. Cheers

Ok, first thoughts on my trial run. The unit itself is good and pretty quick and adjusting routes, only two drawbacks - note, this is on TurboDog

1. On first usage it always takes a good few minutes to get gps signal. I know Rat said up to 15mins on cold start, but Im hoping its not like that all the time.
2. Couldnt hear voice properly, bit distorted - solution might be to connect to speakers, gonna see if I can connect to my car speakers

But overrall Im more than happy with my purchase, its only been on try but first impressions count!

Back