Navigo GPS Sat Nav Unit - UK Mapping, 3.5" Screen ALSO plays MP3 & MP4 - Free Deliver

FATBOY

Member ++
Reaction score
found on another site. plus you can make this into a tomtom! gonna have a play with the software this week and get the tomtom software up and running. loads of other people have done it.

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/131342

THE all in one sat nav unit - With FULL UK mapping included this unit will make sure you never get lost again !!!

Whether you are heading across town or across the country the GPS is the perfect travel companion. This stylish, pocket- sized device combining GPS based portable navigation with full featured entertainment functions the GPS makes it easy to get where you are going.

The unit offers all the functions you will find on the more expensive units for a fraction of the cost - Making this unit the best entry level unit we have ever offered. And with MP3 & MP4 player included you can also listen to your favourite music or watch your favourite videos when you want !!!
Includes a full 12 month Warranty

Product Features
3.5" Colour Touchscreen
Long-life rechargeable battery built-in
User Friendly software and interface
Instant route calculation - make a wrong turning, instant route re-calculation
Postcode Search
Automatic calculation on driving distance and time
Voice navigation and warning in an option of 5 Languages

:- English, French, Spanish, German & Italian

3D & 2D Mapping Options - and various route options
Clear spoken instructions, turn by turn.
Earphone port
Portable unit - works just as well in you hand as in your car

Technical Specifications
Samsung Processor 400MHz
Win CE.NET 4.2 Operating System
64MB Internal Memory
Built -in GPS high sensitivity receiver and Antenna
Additional Antenna port
Audio Jack/Earphone 3.5mm
3.5h 65k colour TFT display touch panel
Sirf star III built in GPS Receiver
PC interface: USB1.1/2.0
SD card expansion slot
Built-in speaker
Built-in rechargeable Li-ion 15000 mAh battery
Dimensions: 94mm(H)*89.5mm(V)*25mm(D)
Weight:170g box : 660g
Satellite reacquisiton Time Accuracy:100ms
Channel:up to 20
Position Accuracy:up to 3m possible
Approvals: RoHS, FCC, CE

In The Box
Car adapter, USB cable, car holder, user manual, warranty card, quick start guide,SD card with mapping

first of all get a fresh 1gig or 2 gig sd card. put into the pc.

then download

http://www.cgsgaming.net/Download/navgo_sy885_unlock_pack.rar

that is the unlock pack for the device (yes the navgo name is different to the unit but it works with the navigo)

drop the 13/14 files in the unlock pack onto the SD card

then download the tomtom files

search in the usual places for TomTom NAVIGATOR 6

and drop onto the sd card

next you need maps. search in the usual places for

TomTom UK IE and WE Map v6 75

and download it and unzip and drop the file onto the SD card as well.

now put the sd card back into the navigo unit and load up.

you will see the normal start up screen. then click the NAVIGATION icon. a pocket pc style screen will load up. look down the list for SDMMC and double tap that(best to use the stylus)

then tap TOMTOM 6 final folder. and look to the right and you will see 3 folders. Guam,mobilenavigator and voices. double tap mobilenavigator and look down the list for mobilenavigator and the red hands logo. double tap and tomtom splash screen will appear and then load up.

tap map screen ,change prefs,scroll across with right hand arrow till you get to show GPS status. click on it
then configure, and change to other NMEA GPS receiver and change GPS baud rate to 4800, then click COM 1. DONE

now change maps change prefs, scroll to manage maps, change maps and you will see GUAM and UK and IE major roads. click UK and IE major roads and then thats it all done!

tip go outside for a better GPS reception! TOMTOM for £60!! bargain ;0)

Last edited:
I'm interested in this unit as I can use the 3.5mm jack as an out to my car stereo. Keep us posted about how you get on with TomTom installation.

Nice find!

Good find i wonder if i could use it for mtb trails setting waypoints ?.

I've got the slightly more expensive Myguide, which is now running TomTom and has a great DivX player installed.
There's a thread on it in the satellite section on this website.

just to confirm i now have tomtom version 6 with english maps running on this! i have also unlocked it and am using the Win Ce software as well! £60 for a tom tom cant be bad :Drums:

is there a tut handy on what to do with this unit
or is it dead easy ?

Man, I wish it comes with this babe demo-ing it :)

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/131342/show_product_video

293wmjc_th.jpg

Apparently its easy to use, drag and drop. I think I will have a go on this.
Further indepth review on someones blog http://www.pbrooks.eu/content/view/12/43

Rat, on I lifted this off another forum on how to put tomtom on it

Making tomtom work:

You need to obtain tomtom software, I used v6.010. Now the trick to making this work is to get hold of the "installed" files, I managed to do this by installing on my PDA first and then copying across the tomtom folder on my PDA to an SD card.

Then put the map folder onto the root of the SD Card.

By now you should have to folders on the SD CARD

>>Tomtom
>>Great Britain

Rename the Tomtom folder to "mobilenavigator".

Inside the "mobilenavigator" folder find "tomtom.exe" and rename it "mobilenavigator.exe".

Reboot and when you click the navi software button, tomtom will start. The first time i ran it I got an error, but ever since it has worked perfectly.

To get GPS and Tomtom talking you set the GPS receiver option in Tomtom to other NMEA receiver, Baud rate 4800 and COM1.

I have been using this for 2 weeks now and really pleased with my navigo tomtom!

It is also possible to unlock WINCE but I'll save that for another day!

Notes:

Use a different SD Card, if this goes wrong you can just put the old back and it will work again.

The hardest part of this is getting the installed tomtom files, If you dont have a PDA then one way to get the tomtom installed files would be to extract them from the insataller CAb file using a pocket PC Cab utility.

thatnks for that pks00 :)
tbh after watching the video it dont seem a bad little unit even without putting tom tom on it :)

thatnks for that pks00 :)
tbh after watching the video it dont seem a bad little unit even without putting tom tom on it :)

I agree as does my Missus, for whom I've bought it. Got email confirmation yesterday a couple of days after ordering it, so should be here next week.

I think I'll keep it as per, for now, it's been all on for me to get the missus to actually say yes to having a satnav.

received mine yesterday - impressed so far.

Got Tomtom working on it (its basically a windows pocket pc) but the software it comes with that you upgrade via ebuyer site is perfectly good

Crazy

Thanks pks00 and FATBOY. £60 for a Sat Nav with TomTom is a bargain. This will help the mrs find her way around for sure.

Have you had a chance to use the device yet? I'm especially interested in how quickly it recalulates a route when you take a wrong turn. I know the SirfStar III is a great receiver and I'm hoping that the software is just as good.

Whats the MP4 video playback like? Have you guys had a chance to check it out?

Last edited:
received mine yesterday - impressed so far.

Got Tomtom working on it (its basically a windows pocket pc) but the software it comes with that you upgrade via ebuyer site is perfectly good

Crazy

You happen to know what kind of sd cards it takes? Does it support SDHC? Im wondering whether to get 2gig sd card or 4gig sdhc

EDIT: Also, does it come with any sd cards?

Last edited:
I'm also curious about Munkey's questions above regarding recalculating routes.

Also, when you install Tomtom does it have the same robotic voice that it has in that demo video or a nicer tomtom voice?

Does it have a night mode where you can dim the screen?

I'm also curious about Munkey's questions above regarding recalculating routes.

Also, when you install Tomtom does it have the same robotic voice that it has in that demo video or a nicer tomtom voice?

Does it have a night mode where you can dim the screen?

its a perfect tomtom! it recalculates straight away

it has the proper soft voices

night mode

dimmer

i used it yesterday to get to my mates in london and it worked perfectly, was a little concerned with the battery life though (you get a plug in 12v charger tho) dont think i charged it enough. it comes with a 1 gig SD card with the sat nav prog on it(called turbodog). just get another sd card and drop the tomtom software on it and you can interchange the cards to suit. not sure if it supports sdhc cards but check out play.com as there selling 2 gig sd cards for £6.99 delivered. also pm me anyone regarding software/maps for this.

its a perfect tomtom! it recalculates straight away

it has the proper soft voices

night mode

dimmer

i used it yesterday to get to my mates in london and it worked perfectly, was a little concerned with the battery life though (you get a plug in 12v charger tho) dont think i charged it enough. it comes with a 1 gig SD card with the sat nav prog on it(called turbodog). just get another sd card and drop the tomtom software on it and you can interchange the cards to suit. not sure if it supports sdhc cards but check out play.com as there selling 2 gig sd cards for £6.99 delivered. also pm me anyone regarding software/maps for this.

cheers fatboy

Im gonna order this 2gig card for £7.94 - add it to my order of this satnav. I was gonna go for this 4gig sdhc (which is in play.com for £10.99).

So better to be safe than sorry and stick with regular sd.
Still temptation to buy 4gig is still there cos at least it should work with my expected top toy for ds :)

Last edited:
nice one! im also gonna try and run route66 as well! and gonna try miomap which looks good too. also found a site with loads of games as well and will try them all! pocket UFO looks good(remember the microprose UFO game???)

Cheers Fatboy, why do people want to run so many different types of software if they have got TomTom already. Is route66 considered better for certain things?

Edited to add: I don't know whether to buy a 1gb or 2gb card. Is there a need for a 2gb?

Last edited:
well there is loads of other different types of software for these units (applications,games etc etc) just want to try out all the other different programs and see what there like. i did use to run route66 on my nokia N70 which worked really well

Didn't there used to be a thanks button on this forum? I get confused between sites these days.

Back