my TM5402HD has suddenly decided to stop signals

TM's attitude towards this member stinks, a thread like this demonstrates their customer care is nonexistent once we have parted with OUR money.
TM your reputation sinks day by day, if you want to demonstrate you are ONLY interested in taking our money then go on ignoring this CUSTOMER of YOURS.
If you want to show what a CARING company you are then sort out his problem free of charge and get his receiver back to him in working order.
Ok TM it's your choice show us just how much you really care for your customers.

this is in the uk m8

if I was living in my country warranty is 2 years m8. belive me and if it past 2years and three months still do it for free m8

Yes mate, but my point is that as Tony66 also suggests - that with Technomate being in their current 'limbo-like' state, with their reputation totally shot and presumably prospective customers shying away in their hundreds (or even THOUSANDS?) - that the very LEAST thery should do in your case - blimey they MUST know that you are on here with the rest of us showing our serious resrvations about their ability to provide us with the after sales service we all deserve, that at the VERY LEAST you should get a NEW receiver?
After all, its people like US who give them all their feedback nowadays as they obviously simply dont appear to have got the back up systems engineers they need to continue in business?
I can remember a similar situation years ago when in the days of cams that the BRILLIANT 'technically' Dragon cam backup was decimated by the movement of most of the Dragon Team apparently going/absconding over to the Diablo cams Team, with dire results for Dragons, which were then, with the T-Rex too, FAR more sophisticated and technically adept than the former Diablo cam, yet the technology was totally wasted when the software back-up left them - JUST as it seems may have now happened with Technomate!
No doubt DM would be more able to comment on the loss off the Technomate back-up far more accurately then me - but thats simply what I see from MY customer postition & observation!:Mad2:

does any staff at TM Edmonton (I take it thats where it was taken/sent?) know you are a member of DW xxxxxx ?

did you take the box in personally or send it ?

Im pretty sure if they knew you was a member here or any forum come to that things would be different, as they hate being seen not being the good guys (its all show and this proves it) then you would be asked to post how good they have been to you

does any staff at TM Edmonton (I take it thats where it was taken/sent?) know you are a member of DW xxxxxx ?

Im pretty sure if they knew you was a member here or any forum come to that things would be different, as they hate being seen not being the good guys (its all show and this proves it) then you would be asked to post how good they have been to you

Yes mate, that was really part of MY point in my last post - that if TM knew about xxxxxx being on here AS WELL as their current reputation being so very much 'on the line', then surely the most equitable thing to do is to exchange the box for a NEW one!
How DARE they impose a cost like that when - as xxxxxx rightly says - he could actually BUY one for a little more!
(Cynically, they might as well GIVE xxxxxx one anyway, because I cant see them actually SELLING any more without better backup! lol!!!):Mad2:
But why SHOULD he - come on TM wake up guys!

it to far away for me to go there so I sent it by posted. frist I ring up and I told him wont happend and he said to send it to uses to see it and that want I did. I never spoke to Richard m8, spoke to the One called gary I did till him that I am xxxxxx on DW + nicknames in the after forums on the phone might of be one of the workers and I said who I was m8 and the same person ring me up to till me the price and I can till you not nice person to speak to because he did not give me time to speak all the time he spoke more then me and when I asked for Richard he said he very busy today and he said you can speak to me if you have anything to say m8

Employee of the month award goes to ......, for single handedly sorting out the TM receiver softcams

now that xxxxxx wont do it any more, theres only numerous files, for numerous channels to post across obscene numbers of forums to make up for whats just been undone, all for free, on your days and evenings when youre not in work, your missus will be dead proud, PS you dont get paid for providing this extra service to all loyal TM customers either.......

fr-pat-on-the-back.gif

lol

another shot in the foot

Last edited:
this guy Gary I wonder if its the guy Im thinking of :err: I remember being in TM Edmonton one time waiting for Richard to come out and this member of staff was on the phone to a customer, surprisingly about the TM800 lol, this member of staff was very abrupt and I would say rude in his manor to the guy phoning for help/advice

one guy in there though was always very polite and happy to help his name was Matt, so if you need to speak to someone and Richard isn't around I would advise you ask for Matt :)

Hi xxxxxx et al,

I have contacted Technomate many times in the past and I have never had any problems with them... I have had long telephone conversations with both Gary & Matt but I have never spoken to Richard... however... I totally agree with all the comments made by everyone in this thread about the shameful unsympathetic way that my friend xxxxxx has been treated regarding a repair to a receiver that had only just gone out of warranty...

I think the decision to charge him £80 + £10 p&p for the repair is absolutely disgraceful... c'mon Technomate... do the right thing here... and give him a full refund...

I have always made it a rule in life to be respectful to others and to give credit where credit is due... but this decision has really made me think that Technomate no longer deserve any respect or credit...

Cuiusvis hominis est errare; nullius nisi insipientis in errore perseverare

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Hi all
my friend xxxxxx computer is down at the moment, but lets hope TM did the right think and give the money back

thankyou very much for all of you for trying to help me with the money. I dont need the money mates form you lot and thankyou very much again

my ponit it was that this resever is only 12 months and a half old and charge you this kind of money

today i got my TM back plus the reseat what came with it they already toke the money out my bank and here are the pictures to prov

thankyou very much TM for your onastie

Attachments

• 304917_243862775735658_1555148001_n.jpg
    304917_243862775735658_1555148001_n.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 394269_243862105735725_527224874_n.jpg
    394269_243862105735725_527224874_n.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 552029_243862422402360_575860821_n.jpg
    552029_243862422402360_575860821_n.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Nice move Technomate, there is the end of your softcam support for all of your receivers for thousands of people all over europe, the £90 for that mainboard will cost the sales of thousands of receivers in the future

man_united_star_own_goal_comes_through_with_winner.jpg

*Sigh*, Well it had to stop somewhere. This is really bad publicity for TM(We had already the Linux S H I T) . I'm sure someone must have ****ed up good.
You know there was one thing i always told people, very good aftersupport even beyond 2yrs they offered repair. So now I do not know what to think any anymore.
there are very good cheap alternatives for a TM5402HD here in Belgium which cost half the price and do the same as TM5402HD. (Softcam en CCcam) It is called VENTON HD receivers....
SOrry to mention this but if this is the way it is gonna be played ...

The only way TM can now redeem themselves is to REFUND the money IMMEDIATELY to xxxxxx in a somewhat feeble attempt to draw a line under this pathetic state of affairs!
@ xxxxxx:- Mate we havent been treating you like a charity case, but only trying to 'frighten' TM into doing the RIGHT THING by you, by letting them see how unfair they are being, especially with their current poor standing in all of our hearts/opinions - its a point of principle now mate - so lets hope they are reading our posts here?
I still have my TM6900HD Super and whilst its still working I cant really see much point in getting rid - YET - but rest assured if TM dont hurry up and start lokking after us - THEIR customers more equitably, then it will indeed be BYE BYE TM!!

TM, at this moment you are the lowest of the low - and SO unprofessional and heartless!
PLEASE prove us all wrong!:Mad2:

nice of them to throw in the 3 months guarantee on the new main board that they put in:Moon:
they really show what they are about now. thanks for all your help over the years xxxxxx :drink:
but i think it's time to turn our back to TM (wich they have done to us for more then a year now) and stop supporting them and their wallet:Angryfire

First step should be the retailer who sold you the receiver.

The steps you can take

1. Contact the retailer's head office: You won't get any joy from youthful shop staff or call centres. Be firm and explain you think your product hasn't lasted a reasonable amount time. You want it to be investigated and repaired, or replaced if it turns out to be faulty.

2. Get an independent report: A major retailer is likely to have its own repairs centre or an arrangement with the manufacturer, but this may result in sky-high call out charges. Contact an independent repairer and ask it to produce a report. Most of the independents we contacted charged between £30 and £40 to visit and many would write a short report as part of the cost. You can claim back up to £200 for the costs of the repairer's bill.

3. Commission a repair: Ask the retailer to repair or replace the goods. If the repair cost is disproportionate the retailer can offer a refund of the original purchase price, though probably not a full refund. If the shop makes life difficult you can ask go to an independent repairer and reclaim the whole cost. Make sure they provide evidence of the fault.

4. Be prepared to battle: The company could refuse to refund the repair cost, leaving you to chase them through the small claims court. A judge can order the retailer to settle the claim - up to £5,000 - and pay legal costs. For information on taking a case to the small claims court, read our guide published last week (guardian.co.uk/money). Consumer Direct is the government's new online and telephone advice line. Call an adviser on 08454 04 05 06.

The Department of Trade & Industry says the rules are clear and as long as you have evidence of a fault the judge will be sympathetic. But David Oughton, professor of consumer law at De Montfort University in Leicester, says an EU Directive has muddied the waters. "The presumption underlying the new rules is that you have two years to make a case." He says judges may override the old rules giving protection up to six years.

A spokeswoman for the DTI says: "There is a common misunderstanding that the EU Directive requires a two-year guarantee to be given, but that is not the case. UK law in practice provides better protection for consumers than the two-year minimum required by the EU - consumers are able to pursue relevant claims for up to six years (five in Scotland)."

looks like some of the departments within TM are not passing messages on, as the OP states he asked for 'richard' but was told he was busy, richard has in the last few minutes found out about this

it may be too late, but, hopefully something may come out of it

Back