my TM5402HD has suddenly decided to stop signals

for sure I will keep helping you all out what I can because you all supported me and I am very thank fore to you all .

I'm SO pleased that you have got your refund mate - even though you should never have been charged in the FIRST place!
I am even MORE pleased in my selfish side that you will continue to do you bit to our 'group' TM cause - thats brilliant too thanks mate!
Lets also hope TM have finally started to appreciate how many people are disgusted with their recent performance and start to bring us all the support we surely deserve?
New patches soon??????:Biggrin2:

Also, there is a lesson to be learned here. FIRST the retailer, then TM. Of course if the retailer does not comply ...

I 'm happy you got sorted out but it was a very very strange case .... Not to be happen again. So now that tm listens maybe we should start with proper patches/firmware also ?

TM listened because digidude rang Richard.
Reatailer was the first port of call.
If you had faulty car out of warranty and sent to ford without checking with dealership ford would charge you as well.
Was not technomates fault procedure was not followed.

TM listened because digidude rang Richard.
Reatailer was the first port of call.
If you had faulty car out of warranty and sent to ford without checking with dealership ford would charge you as well.
Was not technomates fault procedure was not followed.

I hear what you are saying and agree with you however there are many times when the dealer has either gone out of business or simply dont give a **** I'm not saying in this instance this was the case but I do believe there should be some flexibility in the manufacture or importer and I believe this is one of those cases. The receiver was just 12 days out of warranty but I've known dealers who when they get an item returned stick it in a pile and it can stay there for a considerable time before it get returned to the importers, then the item will be well and truly beyond the warranty and could be rejected.
Well in this case we have digidude and TM to thank so thanks to both of them and they now have a happy customer and forum member again.

things are getting a little bit blurred about who, what and why, so ill try and explain

july 2011, mr xxxxxx buys a few 5402 from 2 or 3 different retailers, spread across the period of 3-4 weeks

fast forward 1 year and 1 month, to august 2012, and one of the receivers starts to play up, so xxxxxx tried EVERYTHING recommended online, before ringing technomate support. xxxxxx knows the receiver is on the edge of its warranty, and hopes its just within the warranty, so sends it in to technomate, as at this point, he is unsure which retailer the receiver came from, and 'did not want to trouble the wrong retailer with a faulty receiver i did not get from them'.

technomate take delivery of the receiver, and inform xxxxxx that from their records, the receiver is well out of warranty, as its 18 months old, xxxxxx KNOWS this is not the case, and asks for the serial number so he can check through all his records to trace where the receiver came from

communication between xxxxxx and technomate service center continues, and at some point, the price, and payment details are sorted out between xxxxxx and technomate.

all of the above happened BEFORE the bank holiday weekend

over the bank holiday weekend, threads like this start to kick off all over the place in support of xxxxxx (understandably :)) and xxxxxx finds the original invoice for the receiver that technomate has, and on the bank holiday weekend, contacts the retailer with details. the retailer immediatley verifies the dates with xxxxxx, and assures him that the receiver is not 18 months old etc, and emails technomate (with xxxxxx permission) a copy of xxxxxx invoice AND their own original purchase order to show the dates of everything, and follows this up with a phone call, bypassing the service desk

the retailer DID NOT make technomate aware of exactly WHO mr xxxxxx was on the forums while this was being sorted out, so from the retailers point of view, mr xxxxxx is dealt with like any other customer with a problem would be helped out

so in some ways, yes, digidude DID ring technomate to get this sorted out, BUT, that is only because digidude WAS the original retailer, but, in the retailer-tm conversation that got it sorted out, it was just a customer issue being resolved, which im glad that it was in the end :)

Thank you for the clarification and again thanks to all involved in correcting this problem.

The point we are trying to make is if it wasn't xxxxxx but any Tm costumer they would have charged the full price wich is not right,for a box that's only just over the warranty time.
Great you got sorted my friend xxxxxx

I'm just glad this whole sorry situation has been resolved - whatever the reasons - so thanks to TM for partially redeeming themselves, but please remember we all still await the firmware we have also been requesting/testing for the patches etc etc this past year!:Biggrin2:

Back