my TM5402HD has suddenly decided to stop signals

xxxxxx

Inactive User
Reaction score
my TM5402HD has suddenly decided to stop signals on tuesday

I know is the TM5402 because my trusty old TM6900s works perfectly with the motor and LNB.

I have tried connecting the TM5402 to the fixed sky dish and no signal received.

Tried factory reset, reinstalling patch etc but still the same problems

then I checked my Warranty run out 12days ago

I sent it to Technomate today I ring them up to see if they got it there. when I told them wont was wrong with it.they said that they can not till me now because it on test. and they will ring me up

anyone any ideas how much it is going to cost me to fix it

Hi xxxxxx

Hopefully Technomate will do the honorable thing and fix it for you being so close to within warranty.

Kindest Regards

Hi xxxxxx,

Hopefully Technomate will do the honorable thing and fix it for you being so close to within warranty.

Did you actually tell the person you talked to at Technomate that your Warranty had run out just 12 days ago...?

I would definitely have made a point of asking them if there was any chance of a free fix as the product had broken down so close to the end of it's warranty...

I hope they fix it for free... simply as a goodwill gesture... good luck mate...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Last edited:
well talk to soon i just had a call from Technomate and the reapier said he will cost me £80 big sock he gave me to be fixed i evan forgot what has to be replaced i seen it a bit to much money. i did tell him that 12 days go finshed the warranty and he asked me were i bort it from my brian dont give me somthimes i forget were i got it from but i checked on my bank statement of last year that month the date shows when i bort it is 8.7.11 one of them and the other one it was 22.7.11. and he said cant be Technomate the sticker at the back shows the sticker underneve the TM5402HD shows 13.2.11 and i told him it cant be mate i think that shows when the shop bort it from TM i thought the warranty starts when you buy the item. then he told me you hve to del with the shop mate. but one was from one shop and the other one form an other shop it was only about 3 weeks diffent between them and i dont wont to ring one shop of them and asked them beacouse i dont wont to be a full and mix up from one shop and n other. sorry for my english writing.
but £80 i still see it to much money when i get it back i well check the reseat and let you know whats been replaced on the TM5402.

manic01 is right m8 don't pay you can buy the TM5402 for £129 at places and they want to charge you £80 to fix it in just a year of use
some costumer service:Angryfire.Give them the same link as manic01 gave ya.
I will never recommend anybody to buy a TM again they are just taking the pi** now.

im gooing to look threw my reseats and see when i bort it wht shop it was and im going to ring them up and im going to tell them that the sticker unerneve the TM5402 shows the date 13.2.11 thats what they told me Technomate and they said that the warranty is 18 months old. and me im tring to tell them that i bort it on 22.7.11 beacouse thats what it shows on my reseat, this is not going to stop here they think im finding money on the floor they charge me £80 when a new one cost £129, from next year up will never be 1000% TM again beging of next year i well buy a new resever to leran on it and tm will go down the window all of them.so much ****ing pissed off now thats the thanks how much we and how much i helped people out for there own self relly

manic01 is right m8 don't pay you can buy the TM5402 for £129 at places and they want to charge you £80 to fix it in just a year of use
some costumer service:Angryfire.Give them the same link as manic01 gave ya.
I will never recommend anybody to buy a TM again they are just taking the pi** now.

I totally agree mate - especially with their current reputation (or LACK of it) at stake here surely they really MUST sort this out, even by a total replacement since as Manic01 states its not fit for purpose!
Not sure how the Sale of Goods Act 1979 applies if goods are sent abroad however!:Mad2:

If bought from retailer in Europe warranty is 2 years!

Cheers mate, wasnt sure - so presumably our friend xxxxxx bought his in Europe and therefore despite not QUITE being within the two years as you say, he should still be given a new one as a goodwill gesture in these dreadful times for Technomate!:drink:

I had similar problem with 5402HD and was going to send it back, but I phoned them and fix i got was. Download file direct from their site Technomate Support - TM-5402 HD Insert file in USB and plug into back of turned off Technomate STB. Switch on box at back while holding standby button on front of box a blue screen will open and it will either auto load or you select file to load. afterwards install phantompatch and softcam keys as normal, and so far it seems to have fixed my box.

My friend xxxxxxx forget the warranty if is out of date, open your receiver alone and go and show it to an electronic store (with television/av services) of your neighborhood and fix it. the cost will be cheaper.

I had similar problem with 5402HD and was going to send it back, but I phoned them and fix i got was. Download file direct from their site Technomate Support - TM-5402 HD Insert file in USB and plug into back of turned off Technomate STB. Switch on box at back while holding standby button on front of box a blue screen will open and it will either auto load or you select file to load. afterwards install phantompatch and softcam keys as normal, and so far it seems to have fixed my box.

I done all that and it did not work for me m8

My friend xxxxxxx forget the warranty if is out of date, open your receiver alone and go and show it to an electronic store (with television/av services) of your neighborhood and fix it. the cost will be cheaper.

I was thing abut that in the begin m8 but because it was close to the warranty I said to my self I better send it to Technomate m8

Cheers mate, wasnt sure - so presumably our friend xxxxxx bought his in Europe and therefore despite not QUITE being within the two years as you say, he should still be given a new one as a goodwill gesture in these dreadful times for Technomate!:drink:

this is in the uk m8

if I was living in my country warranty is 2 years m8. belive me and if it past 2years and three months still do it for free m8

I did not expext to have it free but not that much money to pay out he will cost me £80 and postage £10 = £90 :Angryfirewhen you can buy it now for new £129. if they fare the would of said to me because you are closes to the warranty we will give you a discout,I know I was retoff but wont be never again

I would think Richard will sort this.

I never spoke to Richard m8, spoke to the One called gary on the phone might of be one of the workers and I said who I was m8 and the same person ring me up to till me the price and I can till you not nice person to speak to m8

Last edited:
Hi xxxxxx I've been reading all the posts on this thread and completely agree that TM should, as a good will gesture at the very least have still conducted the repair for free. It seams that TM aren't interested in their current loyal customers anymore. Makes me really consider whether I would want to continue purchasing anything from them in the future if this is how they act.

Back