My Step by Step guide on how to install EASY 4.2 Hack with Pictures!

just about to do mates wii for him.. first time i done a wii

tho has anyone hosted the files on megaupload or such as rapid share is being gay again with its free users slots

just about to do mates wii for him.. first time i done a wii

tho has anyone hosted the files on megaupload or such as rapid share is being gay again with its free users slots

If you pm me your email will try and send them or can do it through msn.

Andy.

Edit,to big for email but can send through msn messenger.

Last edited:
My mates just got a wii and updated online to 4.2e, how can if tell if its safe to use easy4.2 hack ?

it is safe i only posted the warning because i am on 4.2 but it still wanted to update so i assumed there must be a new update but people have updated and the hack still worked

edogg

***IMPORTANT UPDATE***
It may no longer be safe to update wii software to 4.2e using online method as there is a new version. If you wish to use this guide to update to 4.2e please use an offline method.

When did this come !!!!

I was just about to update online as well !!!

Awesome guide.

Yes this is the guide of guides.

Followed it step by step and it worked great.

I can also confirm that it works with the latest 4.2e update.

Thanks again

followed guide easy as upto now, only problem i have is got quite new wii so cant install bootmii boot2 only ios, when come to folder 3 guide says install bootmii but my screnn goes black and the blue dvd drive flashes and nothing else is this because no boot2 and should/could i just skip this?

PLEASE IGNORE, just read properly and realise where gone wrong

Last edited:
just another tip for you newbies. if you are not already on 4.2 , dont do update to 4.2.what happens if you update to 4.2 is you cant install bootmii as boot2, you can only install as ios which obviously gives you no recovery options at all.so in my opinion if you aren't on 4.2 , use a different method to softmod and you should be able to install bootmii as boot2 therefore you will be able to recover system if you brick it ( as long as you made a nand backup). if people think its fine to update from say 3.3 to 4.2 just to use this softmod guide then your mad. just use an older method to softmod and be brick free , or update and have no protection at all,no brainer really.

just another tip for you newbies. if you are not already on 4.2 , dont do update to 4.2.what happens if you update to 4.2 is you cant install bootmii as boot2, you can only install as ios which obviously gives you no recovery options at all.so in my opinion if you aren't on 4.2 , use a different method to softmod and you should be able to install bootmii as boot2 therefore you will be able to recover system if you brick it ( as long as you made a nand backup). if people think its fine to update from say 3.3 to 4.2 just to use this softmod guide then your mad. just use an older method to softmod and be brick free , or update and have no protection at all,no brainer really.

Think you're mistaken cos i updated to 4.2 and ive got bootmii as boot2 and backed up and made a nand no problems with hackmii installer 0.6.

Andy.

Not getting boot2 can happen with all system menus not just 4.2 its happening with most of the new wiis

strange that andy. coz when a mate of mine was on 3.3e it gave us the option to install bootmii as boot2.he left it on 3.3e for a while then updated to 4.2e using nintendo official update, then had to do softmod again. problem was ,the next time he did it using ballys guide he could only install as an ios.anybody else had this problem

strange that andy. coz when a mate of mine was on 3.3e it gave us the option to install bootmii as boot2.he left it on 3.3e for a while then updated to 4.2e using nintendo official update, then had to do softmod again. problem was ,the next time he did it using ballys guide he could only install as an ios.anybody else had this problem

I was soft modded and took the nintendo official update and was able to get boot2.

great easy guide, just done mine, as for bootmii my wii is quite new so only have ios option, this was before and after following guide.

I have followed the tutorial and all is running fine.

I am not sure how to back up the NAND as after reading around this looks to be a very important procedure. How would I go about doing this?

Back