My Step by Step guide on how to install EASY 4.2 Hack with Pictures!

I have followed the tutorial and all is running fine.

I am not sure how to back up the NAND as after reading around this looks to be a very important procedure. How would I go about doing this?

In the home brew channel press home

launch bootmii,

you should have 4 icons

b60f7a7f120366e6caa4c48dc3c.png

Use the power/reset/eject buttons to navigate the Bootmii menu

select settings

on the next page select back up to sd

3c602d72d37670e2a70be755ad4.png

Put the SD card into PC and copy the NAND backup somewhere safe, you can now delete it from your card. If you installed Bootmii as boot2 then also copy the Bootmii folder to your PC and either delete or rename it, otherwise it will load every time you switch your Wii on.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPTpOCBYbzM&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Wii Soft-mod step2[/ame]

I have deleted all the files off the SD that I used for the tutorial.

Would I be ok to copy the files from folder 1 onto an SD and follow the above steps?

I have deleted all the files off the SD that I used for the tutorial.

Would I be ok to copy the files from folder 1 onto an SD and follow the above steps?

Copy the files from folder 1 to your SD and reinstall bootmii then you will have the files on your sd to back up nand Don't delete anything just over wright

Ok followed this and now have a backup of the NAND.

So if something goes wrong with the Wii how would I load bootmi and copy back the NAND.

Sorry if I am sounding a bit thick I just want to get things clear in my head.

Ok followed this and now have a backup of the NAND.

So if something goes wrong with the Wii how would I load bootmi and copy back the NAND.

Sorry if I am sounding a bit thick I just want to get things clear in my head.

depends what you do wrong. if its a bad wad then you can use preloader/priiloader to uninstall it unless its a bad ios then use the backup. Just remember when messing with the wii never uninstall an ios and you will be ok

strange that andy. coz when a mate of mine was on 3.3e it gave us the option to install bootmii as boot2.he left it on 3.3e for a while then updated to 4.2e using nintendo official update, then had to do softmod again. problem was ,the next time he did it using ballys guide he could only install as an ios.anybody else had this problem

Did my mates Wii last night. I had option on my Wii to install bootmii as boot 2 and it worked fine.

On my mates Wii i didnt have this option only the could only install as an ios,i followed Bally guide through and it worked fine.

To add i used hackmii installer 0.6 on a spare card and backed up the nands on both Wiis.

On my Wii i can get to nand by rebooting and on the Wii with the install as a ios i can boot into the nand via the homebrew channel.

Guess the guide works on both bootmii versions and lets you back up the nand.

Well done Bally,easy guide to follow.

Andy.

need Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!Please

***IMPORTANT UPDATE***
It may no longer be safe to update wii software to 4.2e using online method as there is a new version. If you wish to use this guide to update to 4.2e please use an offline method.

the above says it may not be safe to use the online method and use the offline method.... how can I get hold of the software for the offline method? I have never done one B4 so I am being a bit thick as to what I need to do? any help please

need Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!Please

***IMPORTANT UPDATE***
It may no longer be safe to update wii software to 4.2e using online method as there is a new version. If you wish to use this guide to update to 4.2e please use an offline method.

the above says it may not be safe to use the online method and use the offline method.... how can I get hold of the software for the offline method? I have never done one B4 so I am being a bit thick as to what I need to do? any help please

i updated online and then read and followed the guide, i was wary but obviously it was too late for me to worry too much and went for it, best thing i've done now got games loading from HDD (no more burning discs for me) make sure you follow all steps, take your time read it again if unsure or ask before and it should be ok

really good guide thanks working great but i too cant backup is there anyway of doing this?

it was moved as there was getting to be to many stickys.any suggestions welcome

I have to agree with you, Wii soft modding has moved on very fast and a lot of the older stickies are not needed, they cause some confusion. I like the new sub sections it will make the the Wii forum easier to navigate thou. :Clap::Clap:

Followed the guide from start to finish and installed HBC and gamma. All homebrew is working fine but when i tried to install bootmee to boot2 it wasnt selectable because something else is installed. Also when you load up the CIOS 222 which option is the best? 1. CIOS Orig. 2, CIOS + 38. 3. CIOS + 37 & 38?I picked the first option.

I also installed USB LoaderGXthis is working and loads the hard drive up and also i can install a game but!!!! when the game loads it stops on the black loading screen. Is there something else i can try???

Cheers for easy guide!

:Clap:

Followed the guide from start to finish and installed HBC and gamma. All homebrew is working fine but when i tried to install bootmee to boot2 it wasnt selectable because something else is installed. Also when you load up the CIOS 222 which option is the best? 1. CIOS Orig. 2, CIOS + 38. 3. CIOS + 37 & 38?I picked the first option.

I also installed USB LoaderGXthis is working and loads the hard drive up and also i can install a game but!!!! when the game loads it stops on the black loading screen. Is there something else i can try???

Cheers for easy guide!

:Clap:
What game is it ?

Have you changed any settings in usb gx as some games have different settings.

Is the game loading via NG7?

Back