My Step by Step guide on how to install EASY 4.2 Hack with Pictures!

Hi Guys

I followed the guide from start to finish and gamma is working and the hombrew channel. But... When i tried to load the boot me to boot2 it said i couldnt and it could only install as an IOS. Also i have got usb loader gx working fine but it wont boot any game it hangs immeditately afterwards. I did have everything working before upgrading to 4.2E but now everything has gone to pot? any pointers? I'm using CIOS222 and followed the guide to a tee. Everything was fine before the update which i stupidly made to 4.2E but now the world of homebrew isnt playing anymore. Argh!

Hi Guys

I followed the guide from start to finish and gamma is working and the hombrew channel. But... When i tried to load the boot me to boot2 it said i couldnt and it could only install as an IOS. Also i have got usb loader gx working fine but it wont boot any game it hangs immeditately afterwards. I did have everything working before upgrading to 4.2E but now everything has gone to pot? any pointers? I'm using CIOS222 and followed the guide to a tee. Everything was fine before the update which i stupidly made to 4.2E but now the world of homebrew isnt playing anymore. Argh!

have you reinstalled usbgx after the update.

yes i did it last using the windows installer that puts all the new files onto the memory card. It's a mystery... I did try the configurable usb loader and that didnt work either. It's got to be something strange. I could do with a magic red button to fix it. Thanks for quick response

i'm just wondering if the thing that interfered with boot not being installable on the bootme could have something to do with it? Does this guide wipe everything from the Wiis internal flash because i think i have a rogue file in there somewhere.... :) PS this website is amazing i've told all my friends about this site.

yes i did it last using the windows installer that puts all the new files onto the memory card. It's a mystery... I did try the configurable usb loader and that didnt work either. It's got to be something strange. I could do with a magic red button to fix it. Thanks for quick response
Did you reinstall the wad after 4.2 update?

Is it working through hbc?

Hi
Followed the guide brill thanks but the games are only loading from the r7 channel and i would like it to load from the wii game channel. sorry some load but not many ie mario
i would be gratefull for any help
thanks

Hi All,

i am going to attempt this softmod, after looking at the excellent guide that has been put together i thought " i can do this" Wrong!!!!!!! i am currently running on 3.4 but i need to update to 4.2, i was all ready to go for it, but for some reason i dont seem to have an icon of the SD card on the bottom left of my screen, anyone please tell me why this is????????

Thanks in advance.

Tomo

Hi All,

i am going to attempt this softmod, after looking at the excellent guide that has been put together i thought " i can do this" Wrong!!!!!!! i am currently running on 3.4 but i need to update to 4.2, i was all ready to go for it, but for some reason i dont seem to have an icon of the SD card on the bottom left of my screen, anyone please tell me why this is????????

Thanks in advance.

Tomo

Its because your on 3.4 it will be there when you update

Cheers dogtoffee,

After reading the topic i was not sure weather to update or not as it says that you may not be able to softmod, sorry to sound thick, but i have not got a scoobies on this, and if i brick it my lad will beat the sh1t out of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was in the same boat, i updated then followed guide and all up and running fine, now loading from HDD, best thing i've done for a while. just follow the guide, check the pics. and if you get stuck ask

Glad this guide has helped so many people out, by the looks of it the guide has been downloaded over 550!! Remember show your appriciation by pressing the thanks button and leaving reps on page one https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/posts/1683543/ :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive done all this and i still can not get new super mario bros to work either off disc or usb drive bothe still give me the eject dvd error.

Ive done all this and i still can not get new super mario bros to work either off disc or usb drive bothe still give me the eject dvd error.

my nsmb works, maybe try another download

i'll try and remember which one i used

Many Thanks Bally Top TUT Just done my first Wii! Shite I woz busting to, can't believe how long I managed to hold it for. LOL

It woz a white Wii purchased just before crimbo and had already been updated to 4.2e

My little Notes would be:

1. I couldn't install BootMii as Boot2 but that didn't mean I couldn't backup the nand, as suggested by madnlooney I did this before I copied folder 2 files!

2. An internet connection should be available and is required for the Wii Update and for Dop-IOS (P38), didn't think I would need internet connection as it was already 4.2e!

3. I only had one Backup Game to test, it worked fine using NeoGamma but didn't display in the Disc Channel and the truncha.wad made no difference, so I uninstalled it! (I'm not bothered at this stage but assume cIOS3.6 might solve this?)

Thanks again m8, next reading Bro's USB Jobbie!

I keep getting a error, just after copying all the folder 3 files over and then launching bootmi it just seems to go blank and freezes, anyone know the problem?

3. I only had one Backup Game to test, it worked fine using NeoGamma but didn't display in the Disc Channel and the truncha.wad made no difference, so I uninstalled it! (I'm not bothered at this stage but assume cIOS3.6 might solve this?)

Thanks again m8, next reading Bro's USB Jobbie!

Yeah ciocorps 3.6 will enable loading through the disc channel

followed guide on a fresh 4.2.e installed hbc and bootmi all seems to go well but stuck at the point where iv to unistall the wads keep getting error ret1017
also where it says to press home then choose bootmi via homebrew channel iv not got that option has something changed or am i missing something ?

cheers

osborne82

followed guide on a fresh 4.2.e installed hbc and bootmi all seems to go well but stuck at the point where iv to unistall the wads keep getting error ret1017
also where it says to press home then choose bootmi via homebrew channel iv not got that option has something changed or am i missing something ?

cheers

osborne82

Hey m8 good to see ya still around, hope alls well.

I'm unsure about the uninstall wad error I didn't encounter that n mine was a fresh install, but press home means press the home button on the wii controller, I had to do that in couple of places where I expected it to just return to the home screen according to the tut.

Edit: did you overwrite the SD Card with folder 2 files? Some files need to be left on the SD from the first steps!

Last edited:
Hey m8 good to see ya still around, hope alls well.

I'm unsure about the uninstall wad error I didn't encounter that n mine was a fresh install, but press home means press the home button on the wii controller, I had to do that in couple of places where I expected it to just return to the home screen according to the tut.

Edit: did you overwrite the SD Card with folder 2 files? Some files need to be left on the SD from the first steps!

not sure what i did wrong but had a play round and finaly got it all working lol
shame there isnt a all in one installer to do it all in automaticly lol

thanks for the tut :)

cheers
osborne82

Back