my on going fight with cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very sad news , can only reflect on as to what everyone else has said.

Be strong and god bless.

David, this is such bad news, quite upsetting, sat here at work and of all the things that people are moaning about etc it's all trivia when some thing like this comes along.

God I'm gutted, been here for about 5 or 6 years and out of all the people that you meet in life and on line why does it have to happen to your friends? I've all ways asked this question to my self with "life" it's just so un-fair......

i really hope that the Doc's have it wrong and as aftermath has told it is possible, i really hope they have got it wrong and you can prove them wrong.....god this is such bad news I'm gutted.......

i know there's probably nothing that i can help you are your family with at this difficult time but if there is and i can then holla at me.

i wish you all the best and I'm not a god going person but if there is a god then i hope he has a word with him self.

gutted for your DH mate..........thoughts are with you today and in the future mate.

Dibbs.

David,

My thoughts are with you and your family. One of my family was the same and she was only given days to live. Somehow she pulled through by saying she was fighting it all the way and not giving up. 10 years later she's still going strong so it can be done. :)

Oh, and Liverpool will win the Premier League by then as I have a bet on it. :champion: ;) We'll win the Europa Cup in the meantime anyway. :)

This is DW, you're not allowed to leave. ;)

David, you said it's secondary cancer. Where has it spread to?

Stay strong man and don't give up.

YNWA.

i want to thank each and everyone for there kind words
and i am not giving up

just a low down on my condition
i was diagnosed with lung cancer
in june/july this year the found a tumour on my left lung 3.5 cm long
they also saw a little lump?
by my kidneys about 1/4 inch in size they thought it was a kidney stone or a gall bladder stone
i went through treat ment 4 weeks of radio therapy and 2 weeks of chemo
then i had to go through 4 more lots of chemo
but the first chemo reacted with my diverticlus i was very poorly

any way last sat they sent me for a ct scan
and i had to see the doctor yesterday for the results
it turns out the lump on my kidney was cancer it has grown to 2 cm
i also have 2 tumours on my abdoman and 1 tumour a little bit lower in my privates
this is seconday cancer which they cannot do anything for i had the best treatment for the primary (it did shrink about 1cm)
i wont give up fighting
i dont want to give up
we all know 1 thing is we are going to die
i except that the hard part is knowing you have a limited time

at least i can say i have had a reasonable time span

ok i wanted more but at this time think of all the little ones who have passed away with illnes or been killled what time did they have

i will leave you all with these thoughts and thanks again for all you best wishes

i want to thank each and everyone for there kind words
and i am not giving up

just a low down on my condition
i was diagnosed with lung cancer
in june/july this year the found a tumour on my left lung 3.5 cm long
they also saw a little lump?
by my kidneys about 1/4 inch in size they thought it was a kidney stone or a gall bladder stone
i went through treat ment 4 weeks of radio therapy and 2 weeks of chemo
then i had to go through 4 more lots of chemo
but the first chemo reacted with my diverticlus i was very poorly

any way last sat they sent me for a ct scan
and i had to see the doctor yesterday for the results
it turns out the lump on my kidney was cancer it has grown to 2 cm
i also have 2 tumours on my abdoman and 1 tumour a little bit lower in my privates
this is seconday cancer which they cannot do anything for i had the best treatment for the primary (it did shrink about 1cm)
i wont give up fighting
i dont want to give up
we all know 1 thing is we are going to die
i except that the hard part is knowing you have a limited time

at least i can say i have had a reasonable time span

ok i wanted more but at this time think of all the little ones who have passed away with illnes or been killled what time did they have

i will leave you all with these thoughts and thanks again for all you best wishes

Thanks for the update davidh im still fooking gutted abosulotley gutted...

really dont know what to say, i am speechless, my thorts are with you and your family mate, HUGE credit to the forum David big time!! and god bless you mate.

want to become a part of the hubble space telescope history? send a message to hubble at this link

HubbleSite - Messages to Hubble

For all its worth david, all the best hope you enjoy the rest.

cheers.

Not been on for a couple of days one thing and another totally gobsmacked Dave, my heart goes out to you and your family, but i know you will fight it all the way mate.

sorry to hear about your problems...

may Allah give you all the strength and guidance. ameen

Last edited:
all the best david to you and your family make this christmas the best one yet , i know words do not help get rid of this silent killer ,my own mother is scheduled for surgery this week for bowel cancer and then has to start radio therapy for the cancer they have found in her lung , my self i am mad at the doctors as they knew about this nearly 12 months ago but decided just to monitor things and see how they went .

again my thoughts go out to you and your family .use the precious time you have to spend with your loved ones.

So sorry to read about your sad news david, I’ve sat and read this whole post from start to finish and can only echo what has already been said.

It’s heartwarming to see you still have a sense of humour, ie your post about winning the league, laughter is a great medicine, it might not cure you but it creates a better atmosphere than doom.

Remember its alright to be angry as well, be angry at your cancer, speak to it and tell it what you really think of its invasion into your body, tell it your staying positive and your not going without a fight.

At the end of the day we are all living to die, in reality we never think about dying to live much until someone blows the sails out of your wind with a terminal diagnosis. I can’t even begin to imagine what it must be like to be told that news and god willing I never will, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family at this time, continue with the strength and courage that you’ve shown by even making this post and enjoy every new day as it comes.

Last but not least, a massive Thanks from me to you for the time and dedication you have given to Digitalworldz. God bless you xx

im so sorry to here your news david, i have been wanting to say something the last few days, not that its already been said, just didnt know what to say :( my mother has just found out that she has got breast cancer, but waiting to find out how bad, and anything else, all my love to you and your family.

Thats awful news to get but so glad to hear your fighting, our family as been touched by something similar so i do know what you're going through ........................... Keep fighting

Regards
Lee

Absolutely gutted for you, as has already been said before just live life to the full and make sure you don't have any regrets. Keep your chin up ...

so so sorry to hear about your news david, i really dont know what to say. try to keep your chin up and stay close to the ones you love

I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis, as I would be to many who were in a similar situation. Cancer seems to be one of those illnesses they've yet to actually 'cure'. In most cases, it's about your bank account in regards to how much can actually be done for you; something I think is disgraceful, but that's besides the point.

You mention your Doctor has given you 12-months to live. I doubt I'm the first (I haven't read all the replies here) but they've got to give you a 'deadline' by law I think, though don't quote me on that. You may go on for 24-months yet, or another five or ten years; all dependant on treatment and how fit and able you are.

I wish you all the best though, expect you'll be wanting to get out there and see the world before you go? This is assuming you've not travelled already, or have no interest in doing.

Terrible news David,as a strong person I'm sure you will battle on regardless,enjoy your time with your family and friends mate,its a true saying when you hear people say life is to short,but its just so unfair sometimes.
God Bless.

I had cancer, bladder cancer, the news come like a shot in my life, than i took a plane and I went to Italy for confirmation, yes was cancer, confirmed by many Doctors.
I accept the fact that my life was going to change, and I start to fight it,I never wish to accept an easy end.
Today, 5 years later, I won my battle, I had 4 surgery, 4 cycle of chemotherapy, lost hair and growing up again, spent a fortune in medicine import from Vatican City, doesn't matter... how much was. From one year,I have no trace anymore, gone,for ever, I have my life back, but was bad, was hard, but I never give up, i was positive and fighting this monster, I don't know what is your situation, but, fight it, do anything as possible to try win this battle, I done it and today I can tell .
I have no wishes for you, due I don't like easy talk, I can tell you only one thing, fighting until you are able to do, always, never give up, tomorrow can be different.
A big hug, real one, from me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back