my on going fight with cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.
im gonna echo what everyone else has said but im also gonna say this, you are a legend mate. among the dw community and a community in general. i am seeing loads of members i have not seen in probably years, it must say something about you as a person and that is that you are VERY respected as i said, a legend.
i dont want you to, nor does ur family or anyone else, to have you give up. fight it.
i want to see you here in 2 or 3 years time still doing the things you love doing.
no matter what happens, just dont give up matey.
peace, love and respect.

so sorry to hear this david, I thought your treatment was going well. nothing to say that has not already been said, you only need to look at the number of posts in this thread to see how well thought of you are on here.
thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................speechless

even if it is a donation for a holiday for you or something?

I totally agree with this. Let us know what we can do.

pmsl @ Dave

It would be more like 10 years lmao :)

Keep smiling Dave :Clap:

Still think your being a bit nice here mate. Lets face it no-one alive now will see this happen :proud:

@ david,

Im so so so sorry to hear this mate. I remember you putting on a post where some memebers were arguing about stupid stuff that u had found out the news and that shut them up in seconds.

Like so many people have said just because the doctors have said that amount of time does not mean it has to be, you can fight this and i have no doubts you will.

You dontated money to the Triathlon i did back in October for Cancer Research UK and then put my links at the bottom where your sig was and I THANK YOU for that.

This thread shows how close we are really on DW. Yes we argue and fight but when the chips are down we are there for each other and you have been a MASSIVE part of building this relationship between everyone on DW.

Thank you for all the things u have done in the past and a even bigger thank you for all the things you do in the future because you aint going any anywhere cuz ALL the DW members wont let you. :Clap:

Mate if there is anything and i truly mean anything i can do then please do not hesitate to PM me and i swear to you now i will help you in anyway possible.

As everyone has said my thoughts are with you and your family.

Ray and Family

as someone whos fighting incurable illnesses,i know exactly what your going through,my thoughts are with you at this sad time in your life,its so easy to just give up but you must keep fighting,i was told id be house bound in five years by the medics,but ten years on im still defying them,so please do not give up the fight, and when you think yove had enough fight fight fight,and fight again,,,may god be with you.

thanks you for being so brave and letting us all know about your condition.
makes my problems seem insignificant and you give me some focus.

our best wishes are with u

regards
jase

I was just made aware of this a short while ago, so i just signed up its me Nani121

I was saddened to read this bought back memories of someone very close truly am gutted for you and your family mate.

Thinking of you during this difficult time

I really am in a state of shock and lost for words!

sorry to hear about your illness

all the best m8

David i was putting off reading this post because this was just what i didn't want to hear. I've never met you mate but i still class you as a close friend.You are one of the nicest guys on this forum so please dont give up the fight. Its amazing the power of the mind . My sister is 77 and recovering from breast cancer so dont give in. You know how much i think of you mate and if i can do ANYTHING let me know.
charlie

watch us win the league

so i must have 5yrs left lol

Feckin 'ell mate, I was gonna organise a collection or something for ya, but I can't perform miracles!

Keep smilin' and enjoy everyday!

I am saddened by this news , and i dont know what to say.

i remember when i first joined any forum, it was here, and as a man utd fan , i was taking the pi5s out of Liverpool.

David you were the only person ever on any forum that threatened me that i would be banned.

Recently we had a bit of banter , again football related, and we both admited we were having a laugh winding each other up.

Thats when i changed my opinion about you, when we began to get on for a change, we sent each other a few pm`s and saw the funny side.

This nearly brings a tear to my eye , as i have my dad also he has cancer.

I know this might sound odd, but my dad had tumours on his face and inside of him, that was about 20 years ago, i was told at the time expect 18 month, he is still going strong to this day with help of medication.

i sincerelly hope you can outlive what the doc says, keep your chin up mate and we will all hope the best for you.

i feel so sad now.

EDIT : It takes a man to be able to talk about these things openly.

Last edited:
really really sorry to hear this mate,it's a nasty thing to go threw for anyone,and having a dead line on your life must be crazy to deal with.i wish you all the best and hope the med's can make you a bit more comfortable and more importantally prolong you precious life on this planet.

thinking off you pal.

I can't even begin to think what to say. Awful news :(

What can I say that’s not been said already.

DavidH

You are part of the building blocks of this forum, This evil disease may target / damage things but what it can't do is wipe out the legacy you have left behind on this forum.

I've never met you in real life but I feel I've known a part of you for the last 5 years.

I'm really sorry David I hope the time you have left is filled with love and happiness.

Best regards Dave

Everything has already been said. Stay strong for yourself and your family mate. Say everything that needs to be said. Treasure every moment and most of all Keep fighting. There isn't a doctor in the world that can tell you 100% how long you have got mate. They can only give you a guide based on what has gone on before. I truly hope I/We are wishing you a merry xmas 2011 and beyond. Fingers crossed for you and your family.

I dont know you from adam mate but i feel absolutly gutted for you. I cant begin to imagine what it must be like to recieve such terrible news. Things like this just makes you realise how precious life is and that everyone should try to make the most of each & every day.
I sincerley hope that you and your family enjoy the rest of your time and that you do not endure lots of suffering and pain.
All the best mate and try to keep your chin up we're all thinking of you.

Mark

Absolutely gutted DavidH

Although I've not met you DavidH - but have traded with you a few times:proud:
Read from start to finish, lovely kind words from your fellow's from DW - I am very sad and tearful this horrible thing cancer - I lost my mum 5 years ago I know this must be very hard for you and the family DavidH - I don't know what else to say that hasn't been already said - keep smiling bud, and enjoy the time with family.......

Hope you proove us all wrong and will be here for many many many years:banana:

Your biggest fan

-Badaman

I'm really sorry to hear this mate. As has already been said, try and enjoy the time you have left with your family and friends.

Take care m8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back