Motorized dish set up but cant find anything

Its def not tracking the arc correct if you entered correct usals and have set motor correct.
1) Motor set incorrect.
2) bracket not 100% plumb all round.
3) Incorrect usals entered.
4) Line of sight issue.
Try resetting to zero and set up on say 13e instead and see where that takes you.
Remember to reset to zero, then send to 13e and then physically move by hand.
Do not try adjusting the dish by driving it through diseqc, Usals will do the hard work.

Will double check tonight after work as I wonder if I could have nudged it out a smidge whilst I have been flexing the dish and what not. Think I am tightening up correct I am doing a half turn each bolt in a diagonal fashion. Top right to bottom left etc etc.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

I am going to start off with a song
Nobody Said It Was Easy- Coldplay-Music Video - YouTube

The install itself

IMG00015-20120412-1633.jpg

IMG00014-20120412-1630.jpg

IMG00013-20120412-1629.jpg

IMG00016-20120412-1637.jpg

IMG00018-20120412-1643.jpg

IMAG0243.jpg

IMAG0240.jpg

IMAG0241.jpg

And finally lol

IMAG0251.jpg

IMAG0252.jpg

IMAG0253.jpg

IMAG0254.jpg

Fooking hell that was hard work but I must have cocked up the settings in the receiver somehow so i did a factory reset and followed the dogs guide to set the tuner up and it sailed straight round to Hispasat and locked at 90 odd percent :)

Dogs guide is the bollox :)
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/233538/

Hooge fanx to all who patiently helped me out rep added to all :)

Last edited by a moderator:
well done m8!! you can try some more fine tuning over the next weeks with the lat/long in the menu/lnb position in holder ect ect to squeeze every drop of signal out of the weak birds/beams, regards mdt

Will do mt Ill be up there tomorrow no doubt lol, ive had a fiddle with the skew on the lnb and thats how it locked onto badr as when I drove the motor to it no amount of tweaking got me above 15% until i gave the lnb a little twist and it came in :)
Best part about it is that I now know wtf i am doing lol :Biggrin2:

I still have not seen hide nor hair of 7 West on my setup no matter how much tweaking and fiddling goes on. I have pushed my signal strength on Badr at 26 E up to around the 60% mark and even more on a good night. Do you guys think 7 West is to much of a push for my gear from NW England ? I am in between Manchester and Liverpool.

Cheers

your dish is way to small, in fact way to small for 7w and its mesh which does not help mate. solid dish would be better but a much bigger one. most people in the uk that can pick up 7w have 1.8m+ dishes and live in the south east. but i like the 60% on 26e i get 55% and im more to the east than you so your system must be bang on. mbc2 is very good for films watch it all the time.

Not correct, theres plenty on mena 7.3w that can be had in various parts of UK with 80cm.
In wiltshire on TD88 I get 6-700 channels on 7.3w inc jsc ports 1/2 fox moviesw sc sport1-10 etc.Also ad sport 8 fta !

Cheers guys but I cant see anything coming from anywhere near 7 W :(
I have spent a good long time tweaking and improving my signals on all sats and so far am very happy with what i have found and the signal strengths are fantastic on the whole I was just hoping something would filter up from 7-7.3 West as like manic says ad sports is fta. I do have a cheap sat finder and I might give that a try see if I can hear any noise at all coming from down there, might give it a miss this evening though as it's lashing it down lol

I get Atlantic Bird 7 @ 7.3° west here all day long and the same channels as manic said, Late evening and a dry fine night i get quite a few of the TP's from nilesat as well and thats on a Gibby 1m dish in manchester

Ive had a mooch about with a cheap finder and I can hear both making noise. I've managed to fine tune the rotor using diseq and scan a few channels but they are unwatchable. Still sets my mind at ease that my dish is set up ok.
Just need a bigger or better one :)
Maybe not today maybe not tomorrow but soon :)
Cheers again fellas

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

why is everyone obsessed with 7w???? 90% of the channels are arabic shite, and to get the ad/osn you need jodrell bank on your house!regards mdt

why is everyone obsessed with 7w???? 90% of the channels are arabic shite, and to get the ad/osn you need jodrell bank on your house!regards mdt

The tides are turning my friend AD sport 8 HD is already on AB7 and you can pick some of the OSN HD's up as well as Fox Movies now, I just hope some more make it over with EPL probably not i know but we can hope.

Back