Motorized dish set up but cant find anything

Wow !! is all i can say ! This is fantastic :)
Took me ages to find hispasat (was begining to think it was a myth) now ive found it i can lock just about every other strong sat ie hotbird,thor,Astra but I cant lock badr at 26E with my dish in position to recieve hisp and the usual clan.
Read a lot and i am aware both sats are diffucult to recieve from my location but recieve them I can along with all the other important guys but what I cant achieve is lock on both those at the same time and all the other sats aswell.

Does it seem I still just need to battle with alignment ?
But for now which sat is most likely for 3 pm football badr or hisp

Cheers

but dont want to put a dampner on things, as you've had a struggle to find 30w, for badr you need at least a 2M or maybe a 3M dish

All I know is i can hit badr and get lock if i twiddle the dish but that causes me to drop hispasat.
I have an inverto lnb and am based in NW but i have heard people recieving both these sats up in Scotland using different lnb's that suit the likes of hispasat. I dont mind investing in better equipment if it does the job, so if anyone can suggest a better lnb for the task that be great.

Mate i get badr 4 and 7 west fine in NW, you wont get it with a Cheap satfinder it needs to be fine tuned really well or else you start dropping signal on all other sats and some you lose completely.

if your dish is 105cm and you have a Black Ultra then you should piss it no problem

Surely I can get some football without jodrell bank on the side of the house :(

i do have a 105cm dish and the black ultra twin lnb and as for hispat I can lock it at around 50 snr and that in turn drops my signal completely on badr and withThor and Hotbird down to around the 55 mark. I still get a very decent picture from all the sats I can see so does that sound about right ?

Manic01 is correct i get 99% snr reading from my receiver on Hipasat and then at least 75% on the MBC channels on 26° east and then between 50-55% on 7.3° west, I can tell you now without a pro meter you will never hit those margins. It has to be fine tuned in millimeters to get the right signal from Badr4 as the bleed over from 28.2° east is powerful.

Just rechecked and what I am getting is 47 on Hispasat 72 on Thor and 58 on Hotbird and fook all on 7W and thats looking at the strongest transponders too. I re-checked everything last night aswell, pole is perfectly plumb on all sides (even double checked my spirit level is plumb) and the motor is is in line with the pole, my lattitude settings are spot on and i can get 98% on Thor when I start the aligning procedure.
Here is what I have been doing using these transponders

Thor-5 & 6 ::::::0.8 west 11862H ------28000 BBC World
Hispasat 1C/1D:30 west 12012H------30000 Euronews (dvb-s2)
Hispasat 1C/1D:30 west 12092V -----27500 Cubavision
HotBird-6::::::::::13 east 11137H---------27500 Bloomberg Europe
Astra 2A/2B/2D:::28.2 east 10773H -----22000 BBC-1

First pointing due South using dishpointer and then driving the motor 0.8W Thor and tweaking until signal reaches 97-98%, next I drive to 30W Hispasat and there is no signal just from the motors positioning but with some tweaking I can max that out at 78% but when I drive to Thor and Hotbird they are gone :( I am basically pulling on the sides of the dish to see what gives me improvements and then loosening and tweaking the motors position and elevation.
I managed with some tweaks here and there to get the figures I posted earlier which are averaging about 60%. If anyone can add any aligning tips that would be good, I am following a guide to aligning but god knows how old it is.
I am aligning this just from the receiver itself so would it really help if I got myself a good satfinder and if so has anyone got a spare to sell ?

You would be better trying to get a secondhand Horizon of ebay but at between £150 - £200 it aint cheap just to realign a dish

The motor when set correct ie 52, will not need adjusting again and should be tightened up.
You only adjust the dish elevation.
So set motor elevation and tighten, frive to 1w and manually move by hand the motor around the bracket.
When receiving signal adjust dish up/down and motor left/right by hand until signal is at strongest.
Tighten motor to bracket and tighten up dish.

My lattitude here is 53.3874° and I have locked that and not moved it would that be possible to be slighly out ?
I do pretty much exactly as you say manic, max out on Thor then lock the motor off and drive to 30W but there is nothing there when I arrive lol no amount of tweaking the elevation gives me any signal but I can get signal by moving both the motor and elevation slighlty. It as if the motor is slightly overshooting Hispasats position :(

Back