Motorized dish set up but cant find anything

Did you enter your longitude and latitude in the box menu correctly?

gasman

if you have an android phone there are some free apps that connect to the DM (network ip) and gives you a signal monitor you can use it to adjust the dish while you are outside.

warlord

Have entered it correctly although my longitude starts with a minus and I see no option to put that in.. My only quarm is that as default the polarization are longitude East and latitude North. I have not changed these options and ain't a clue if they're correct. Lol I don't know where I am you could say but thus will not defeat me haha.
I will have a look on the market for an app.

Sent from my HTC Runnymede using Tapatalk

lol so you havent entered correctly,you need to change East to West,dont worry about the minus though :)

Lol I have changed it to West but still no joy. Does this mean I will need to goto zero and start again?

Sent from my HTC Runnymede using Tapatalk.

Lol I have changed it to West but still no joy. Does this mean I will need to goto zero and start again?

Sent from my HTC Runnymede using Tapatalk.

It would be no harm m8 :)

Have entered it correctly although my longitude starts with a minus and I see no option to put that in.. My only quarm is that as default the polarization are longitude East and latitude North. I have not changed these options and ain't a clue if they're correct. Lol I don't know where I am you could say but thus will not defeat me haha.
I will have a look on the market for an app.

dishpointer pro apk

when you first positioned your dish south did you actually get a picture on the thor satellite ?

when you first positioned your dish south did you actually get a picture on the thor satellite ?

Nothing mt I have not seen any other sats other than 28.2e and 19.2
I can manually swing my dish all the East to West and only hit the two aforementioned signal lockable. I've clearly made a right balls of it lol. Might be time to invest in a sat finder and have a fresh start with it all.

I cant seem to get lock on Thor for love nor money I have had its signal jumping between 70-84 but no picture as yet! I set up to BBC news and just had a final wiggle of the dish and using satfinder I am fairly sure I am pointing the right way. Could my tuner be on its way out I am using a very squeaky dm 500 as i bought it cheap so i could have a play around on this side of things ?
Been a steep learning curve but I think I have most of it down now and this arsing about in the dark is not helping in the slightest lol maybe ill just hang about until I can have a good day on it this weekend.

Either way this darn thing will show me 3pms

Got to say I have been blagging the Mrs into letting me fit this for ages and when it arrived it did look rather fooking large in the box but boxes always make stuff like this look massive. Hung it and when she came home she went off her fooking tits lol it's absolutely massive and Ive hung it slap bang in the middle of the house. Once I get some better weather its going on the bloody roof out the road pmsl.

look for bbc news on 11862,h,28000 or the gospel channel on 11325, h,24500. to start with
where are you?

I cant seem to get lock on Thor for love nor money I have had its signal jumping between 70-84 but no picture as yet! I set up to BBC news and just had a final wiggle of the dish and using satfinder I am fairly sure I am pointing the right way. Could my tuner be on its way out I am using a very squeaky dm 500 as i bought it cheap so i could have a play around on this side of things ?
Been a steep learning curve but I think I have most of it down now and this arsing about in the dark is not helping in the slightest lol maybe ill just hang about until I can have a good day on it this weekend.

Either way this darn thing will show me 3pms

due south i get two signals very very very close to each other,signal finder would make it easier as you hear the bleep when you are locked on ,,,, Satellite Finder : Satellite Finders & Meters : Maplin Electronics that will do,bit dear but if ya want it quick

and as dj999 says where are ya

look for bbc news on 11862,h,28000 or the gospel channel on 11325, h,24500. to start with
where are you?

Did look for bbc news but not sure about transponders but i will give it a whirl I am based in Warrington, there's a couple of big motorized systems near me so we can hit the sats. I do have what id call clear line of site in that there are houses opposite but they are across a good sized road.

make sure the motor bracket is in the middle of the pole ie havin an imaginary line in the middle of bracket and pole
as you start to tighten the nuts you will pull the bracket what ever side you tighten up,make sure you do it evenly
also make sure the dish is in center with motor arm ie same as bracket and pole

edit also get a sat beeper from argos about £15 then when you set it all up take the meter back to argos ;)

Back