MAC Sniffer (Digitalworldz Edition)

If your brute forcing it will give you a list of MAC's very quickly that get a valid responce from the server.

These may be on your gateway, they may not. The best way to test them is to try one and if it gets booted every min or so then it's on your gateway so switch MAC's.

As for normal scanning I belive these are on your own gateway. Never used the standard scan to be honest as the brute force scan is excellent if you already have 250 MAC's to run through it.

:)

hey all, been away for a while, but, i found a solution to all those who are in dynamic boot filename areas. its easy to implement, its just finding time. but what i can do is find out the speed of the boot file, as apposed to the name of it. so u will just use the mac as is, and not force a config.

not really got time right now to go into much else, as i noticed quite a few posts since i last read this thread, so will catch up again 2moro some time, but feel free to ask me questions here now again!

p.s. thanks for all the patience!!!

Last edited:
Solster this program is fantastic! Well done.

Could you please confirm if this is ok or not:

I have used my subbed mac from a A200, and it yielded me three working macs, but only 4 meg ones. It yielded them instantly.

If i leave the scanner on, it will NOT pick up anymore will it?

But, if i wanted to look for some more, could i use a normal scanner to pick up macs inside my UBR... then put them macs into yours with the bruteforce enabled, and see what macs it picks up from that??

Many thanks, and keep up the good work.

Solster this program is fantastic! Well done.

Could you please confirm if this is ok or not:

I have used my subbed mac from a A200, and it yielded me three working macs, but only 4 meg ones. It yielded them instantly.

If i leave the scanner on, it will NOT pick up anymore will it?

But, if i wanted to look for some more, could i use a normal scanner to pick up macs inside my UBR... then put them macs into yours with the bruteforce enabled, and see what macs it picks up from that??

Many thanks, and keep up the good work.

you could call my app an hybrid if you like... it will sniff the UBR and bruteforce the gateway, if u leave it running as is it will sniff out macs on your UBR like any other sniffer. once u do a bruteforce, results are yielded instantly as you say, if it hasnt yielded any, its coz none were available.

that help mate?

HI,

dont know if this has been asked yet, looked though most the pages but might of missed it.

If scanning with my router inline, and geting no bootfile files... is the router the reason ?

Also ive noticed of the list of old macs i have, if i force them it no longer give me access to network.

in dagenham area

You can't sniff at all through a router, you need to be directly connected to the modem.

And if you brute force with a router on, you will just be brute forcing your router ;)

with the solster sniffer, just sniff out a 20 meg mac and dont force config. Works perfectly and doesnt stick out like a sore thumb.

I think it is also safer to sniff out a realistic mac for your modem. Ie with a 250 mac starts 00:0E, with a 255 mac starts 00:14. (Some might start differently, but none ive come accross yet)

You can't sniff at all through a router, you need to be directly connected to the modem.

And if you brute force with a router on, you will just be brute forcing your router ;)

Cheers lads :)

just got a bund.03 straight away.. running @ 17meg happy lad. got quite a few low/mid macs as well.
one happy chappie :Cheers:

help newbie confused

So what you saying if I put my own 4mb mac address in the text box next to the discover button then make sure bryte force is ticked then click discover it should come up with some macs outside my ubr ???

So what you saying if I put my own 4mb mac address in the text box next to the discover button then make sure bryte force is ticked then click discover it should come up with some macs outside my ubr ???

ppl usually try things before asking questions :)

ppl usually try things before asking questions :)

Thanks for the reply English sarcastic but true I guess i should try before asking but isn't it always best to ask first as i'm a newbie to the cable hacking stuff and by the looks of things your an advanced user lol

Thanks for the reply English sarcastic but true I guess i should try before asking but isn't it always best to ask first as i'm a newbie to the cable hacking stuff and by the looks of things your an advanced user lol

you CAN use your own subbed mac for bruteforcing, not entirely recommended, but wouldnt do any damage. best to try a mac u know that can work on a UBR somewhere in your gateway (doesnt have to be your UBR, but it also doesnt not have to be lol)

is you dont have one, try altering the last but one hex value of your mac i.e. 00:11:22:33:44:55

only try that once thou, dont keep trying if dont work first time.

hope that helps mate.

p.s. LEEDS UNITED FOREVER

Thanks Solster, Thats a great help better then english's explanation lol
well I did the bruteforce thing how you explained solster and found 21 mac address for the 20mb connection tried all these on my sigma sb5100 modem and didn't get any joy so I must admit defeat as I don't know any one out of my ubr and the 2 members of digitalworld that are in my area but out of my ubr are not returning my PM's so I guess they don't want to trade mac addresses well niether mind I think its time to sell the sigma sb5100 on Ebay as I have no use for it :Mad2:

Last edited by a moderator:
just tried the sniffer and found a couple of things,

i downloaded it and put it on my flash drive went to the lapy and put it on there connected it up to the sub modem and opened the sniffer and gor an error (see first pic) so then i went upstairs and went on the pc (with a mod modem connected) and opened the sniffer ok and got a few macs and at 1 point got an error (see log)

both run on xp and im in pure so i dont know why but it worked on one and not the other, i just thought i would pass some info on

thanks for the sniffer solster:Cheers:

mike

FYI I've seen this software posted elsewhere, with a readmefile quoting from htttp://underground-modems.com

Not heard of them, maybe the author knows, not sure, thought I'd let you know, but there was no mention of this forum or the author in the readme or guide file, and the words of the guide look lifted from this thread..."DHCP Sniffer Quick guide.

Put a mac in the box in this format 11:22:33:44:55:66 & press Discover you can put a mac in it from any UBR it dont matter but the most recent the mac the better,
the macs it comes back with YOU CAN USE ON YOUR UBR but obviously some will have a mac conflict but every-one ive tryed up to now have work with no problems its only in beta and the next release should kick arse...
it scans your TFTP server for macs not like dhcp force which listens for packets.

ohhh and DONT BRUTEFORCE it to often as it will ring alarm bells,
also dont leave it on all the time as this will also ring alarms bells.
just use it as you need macs thats all.

PS ... you dont even have to input a mac if you just leave it open it will still bring you macs that you can use on your UBR

you have to have the microsoft runtime files installed."

just tried the sniffer and found a couple of things,

i downloaded it and put it on my flash drive went to the lapy and put it on there connected it up to the sub modem and opened the sniffer and gor an error (see first pic) so then i went upstairs and went on the pc (with a mod modem connected) and opened the sniffer ok and got a few macs and at 1 point got an error (see log)

both run on xp and im in pure so i dont know why but it worked on one and not the other, i just thought i would pass some info on

thanks for the sniffer solster:Cheers:

mike

thanks mike, im just glad its helped so many people!

the first error im not sure on, would need to see the "more details" part for better help, its saying there a file missing but the app is standalone, so it might be a .NET install issue.

the second error is a parsing error, when u entered a mac in the text box and clicked discover the mac didnt get formatted properly, its a known issue, best thing to do is just enter the mac click in the mac list then click discover (u should see the mac get formatted correctly when u click in the mac list). hope that makes sense?

@doc_gibson, no mate i didnt know about that site, or the readme. to be honest the app got uploaded all over the place without a single person asking me if they could, but then it is used as a hacking tool, permission is the last thing they will ask for. i knew something like it would happen thou, so thats why i chucked my name on there and put the DW sign with a link taking you to DW in the app.

thanks for the heads up thou, im just off to nosey at the site and see what they have to say about themselves! :Chainsaw: lol

@B19Dom, sorry i couldnt help anymore mate :(

I kept meaning to ask you solster..everytime its mentioned about putting a 250mac into sniffer should that be taken literally ?...i am in a telewest area and use a 250 modem but thats not the indigineous modem for telewest, they use scientific atlanta and sb5xxx...i still tried the sniffer, i used macs from, outside my ubr and i also sniffed my own ubr and used one of those macs to bruteforce....both yielded results but i cant honestly say that any of them were usable as they just rebooted the modem...am i safe to assume that this is not really intended for use in tw areas ?? as it is ntl area that used ambits...if thats the case would you be enhancing your software to include tw areas ?

Back