MAC Sniffer (Digitalworldz Edition)

solster

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey guys,

heres the BETA of the mac/dhcp sniffer, please PM me for any bug reports u may have, for features or questions on how it works please use this thread, i will be working on 2 or 3 new features for the next release so stay tuned.

but please, in downloading this release you must not bruteforce the same mac more than once! it wont crash but it will send out another 255 requests, not fair to VM's servers, the responses WILL be the same.

the green and red flags next to mac you can ignore for the time being, they wont mean nothing till next release :)

the responses will be instantaneous, so if u dont get any responses from a bruteforce, thats because it didnt find any.

you will need .net 2.0 framework, feel free to browse with reflector.

Last edited:
looking great 1 m8, just run the and it instantly found 2 valid mac but then it crashes but like u said early stages yet...thx

looking great 1 m8, just run the and it instantly found 2 valid mac but then it crashes but like u said early stages yet...thx

yeh early stages but i got a couple of ideas for it, any chance u could tell me how it crashed out mate? did u get a message of some sort?

yeh early stages but i got a couple of ideas for it, any chance u could tell me how it crashed out mate? did u get a message of some sort?
the usually mac daddy has encountered a problem and needs to close

the usually mac daddy has encountered a problem and needs to close

ok mate, gonna give it a run thru now, i think i will make a little report code for it incase of errors ppl can just PM me the report, would be easier heh

time to walk dog now thou lol

Hi mate, just gave it a try.
you say put a mac in and press discover, how do you put a mac in?
whenever i press discover it crashes (log attached)
so all the macs this gives will all be ok to use on my modem.
cheers keep up the good work.

Hi mate, just gave it a try.
you say put a mac in and press discover, how do you put a mac in?
whenever i press discover it crashes (log attached)
so all the macs this gives will all be ok to use on my modem.
cheers keep up the good work.

hey mate, thanks for log, its an obvious error that i overlooked on purpose for some lucky person to try and spot (yeh right) LOL will fix it now

for mac mate, u just type in one that u have already in the text box next to discover, in any format, for example:

001122334455 or 00:11:22:33:44:55 or 0011:22:334455 (it will format it correctly for you)

you can either wait for a mac to be sniffed (just leave app open) and then enter that mac and select bruteforce, or u can enter a mac u already got that worked, or ask a friend a few miles from u for his mac and scan, or even make one up

EDIT: prog will crash if u click discover with nothing in textbox for anyone who downloaded the app before this post

Last edited:
lol just discovered the textbox think i needs a different colour background as its hard to see.
ok got it working now, on the next release can we have the option to scan the last 4 digits instead of the last 2 for example i have alot macs begining with this 00:02:8A:63 and can we input say 5-10 different macs to scan through 1 at a time.
cheers mate

Last edited:
lol just discovered the textbox think i needs a different colour background as its hard to see.
ok got it working now, on the next release can we have the option to scan the last 4 digits instead of the last 2 for example i have alot macs begining with this 00:02:8A:63 and can we input say 5-10 different macs to scan through 1 at a time.
cheers mate

im a bit 50/50 on the using the last 2 byte values (last 4 hex values) for scanning, what everyone else think? ppl might get greedy and just flood the servers with requests

u can type in a mac, click discover (with bruteforce) and then type another in and click, im working on a feature that will show u the macs being currently scanned

Thats some fine work there :) keep up the good work

I also got 2 macs then it crashed

"mac daddy has encountered a problem and needs to close"

Good going :)

Ps maybe a noob question . sorry if it is .
But are the macs it sniffes from the same node that I am on ?

Cheers and again fantastic work !!!

Icon

Thats some fine work there :) keep up the good work
I also got 2 macs then it crashed
"mac daddy has encountered a problem and needs to close"
Good going :)
Ps maybe a noob question . sorry if it is .
But are the macs it sniffes from the same node that I am on ?
Cheers and again fantastic work !!!
Icon

from the same gateway but all UBRs in that gateway

could i ask a favour? crash it again and when it says "uh oh ive crashed" click the details button, copy what it says in there, paste it in notepad and post it here for me?

Cheers for the great work!
Doesn't seem to Work For Me.
I enter a random mac - 0011:22:334455
Click Discover and I gt a DHCP Siffer has encountered a problem and needs to close error.
Any ideas?

Heres the error report -
Error Signature -
EventType : clr20r3 P1 : dhcp sniffer.exe P2 : 0.1.3.22
P3 : 472f2d99 P4 : system.net.dhcp P5 : 0.1.3.22 P6 : 472f2d99
P7 : 1d P8 : 14 P9 : system.argumentoutofrange

Last edited:
from the same gateway but all UBRs in that gateway
could i ask a favour? crash it again and when it says "uh oh ive crashed" click the details button, copy what it says in there, paste it in notepad and post it here for me?
Sure thimg buddy
here it the error file .

Thanks for the info about the macs.

Cheers

And Happy BofireNight

i'm sharing my internet to my 360 and i get error 'Unable to read incoming packets, UDP port 68 is already in use.'

i'm sharing my internet to my 360 and i get error 'Unable to read incoming packets, UDP port 68 is already in use.'

yeh i try to acquire ownership of the port , im changing that later, i did it for quickness lol

its coz u have a dhcp service running on pc already, something similar will happen if u open the app up twice

or for now if u want try doing as above post ^

Cheers for the great work!
Doesn't seem to Work For Me.
I enter a random mac - 0011:22:334455
Click Discover and I gt a DHCP Siffer has encountered a problem and needs to close error.
Any ideas?
Heres the error report -
Error Signature -
EventType : clr20r3 P1 : dhcp sniffer.exe P2 : 0.1.3.22
P3 : 472f2d99 P4 : system.net.dhcp P5 : 0.1.3.22 P6 : 472f2d99
P7 : 1d P8 : 14 P9 : system.argumentoutofrange

yeh i just caused that one myself, fixing it as we type lol

Back