Kryptview doing my head in

spliffy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just got an a780 box doing my haed in got it connected to laptop using a usb serial i have loaded loader input the bin firmware file. I turn off the box click start on loader turn on box box shows on the goes to 0000 and pops up on screen downloading not requested. I have changed my port on laptop from 19 to 1 and it is still showing the same thing i have done the same on loader to makesure it matches the laptop ports.

Can anyone help i have searched and searched google but cannot sort it.

Thanks

try a factory reset and start again mate

Just done a reset still showing the same this been at this from this morning dont know what else to try

you sure the com port is set up corrctly ?

when you input the usb it should show up what port number its using nr the clock

Still no joy at doing this i think i will have to find a serial port computer all day been at this.

normally comport 4 for usb to serial but a lot of the usb to serial just dont work

Thanks for all the help prob is the usb adapter going to go to my mates he has an old computer just hope he has a serial port will let you know later on if it works fingers and everything else crossed.

Just another quick question do i have to have a ethernet feed and cable feed plugged into when i do this could this also be problem.

Just another quick question do i have to have a ethernet feed and cable feed plugged into when i do this could this also be problem.
no m8
you only need to connect to net once you have flashed the box and scanned
alex

Such a shame kryptview team didnt create a new box with a usb port to make flashing about 1million times easier.

Everytime I use too see a m8 walking up to me or family/friends my expression became this:

dog_sad_face.jpg

The thought of finding and loading my usb to serial driver and finding that flashing software and then getting the right com port and then powering off and clickin flash and run back to press power switch.......

Please Kryptview team give us a usb port for easier flashing, and while ya at it a hdmi/HD dual tuner/PVR + MKV support with 2 usbs for under £199.99, afterall you are the best :)

Such a shame kryptview team didnt create a new box with a usb port to make flashing about 1million times easier.

Everytime I use too see a m8 walking up to me or family/friends my expression became this:

dog_sad_face.jpg

The thought of finding and loading my usb to serial driver and finding that flashing software and then getting the right com port and then powering off and clickin flash and run back to press power switch.......

Please Kryptview team give us a usb port for easier flashing, and while ya at it a hdmi/HD dual tuner/PVR + MKV support with 2 usbs for under £199.99, afterall you are the best :)
what about the built in wifi LOL i think the kv team are busy at the mo

m8,
when you plug in you usb to seriel adaptor.
a device icon should appear on your control bar.
just hovver your mouse over it and it will tell you your port number...
simplezz

Thanks for advice i did all that com port stuff changing ports all that took it to my mates who has a old computer with a serial port, sat back had a drink and it was done simple. Its all these crappy usb serial adapters that cause all the problems me thinks,

m8,
when you plug in you usb to seriel adaptor.
a device icon should appear on your control bar.
just hovver your mouse over it and it will tell you your port number...
simplezz

thats a new one on me m8, never seen that before.

thats how i found out my port number.
it coms up "prolific usb to seriel adaptor (port 6)"
just as well it did, or i'd have been there all day lol

Last edited:
had problems myself with usb com adaptor ,had to dig old pc out of garage worked first time m8 ,best regards danny

programs were made for xp and serial port,old skoo:Clap:not the new vista or usb which give you problems just like the wrong serial cable when it should be a null modem cable,you can buy attachments with a serial port to slip into lappy or fit one on pc.l

you sure the com port is set up corrctly ?

when you input the usb it should show up what port number its using nr the clock
like buzzer I get it too as I said above,be buzzer explained it better lol
thats a new one on me m8, never seen that before.

My usb to serial shows up in device manager when its plugged in and shows the port number.

Back