no way to enter unlock code

dave_c

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys appologies if posted in wrong place , i have a old alcatel , one part of label under batt says 10.16 bit further down says 1016g , phone is locked to ee , aquired the unlock code , put in a non acceptable sim ie voda , no box comes up on screen to enter code , just says restrictid sim , same thing if i put my o2 in , if put a vm sim it says registration failed , have had a look around sites and says to enter *# then some numbers then code , cant get that one to work , everything i enter just stays on screen , have hit various buttons while the info is on screen but just stays there , its not android by the way .

any help appreciated , thanks in advance

Has anybody attempted to unlock this via code before?
Im pretty sure if the wrong code is entered to many times the phone becomes permanently locked to the network it was on.

no its not been done before , i was going to try to ages ago , but at the time ee was charging , so had a thought the other day to try again and they dont charge now

Check that video he has the firmware file but you will have to find the software
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

not to sure if it ee site playing up as when go there i enter imei , it then tells me phone , click on unlock it gives me the code , then says click on link and we will explain how to use your code to finish things up , when i click on unlock your alcatel device , it takes me to how do i unlock a ee device to use with another network , if i click on unlock it takes me back to the begining

tried that not sure if i doing something wrong i do the first part and it all stays on screen , so i also do the 2nd part and the whole lot stays on screen if i hit call button it says no sim inserted

1 - Start the 1016G with an UNACCEPTED SIM Card inserted (unaccepted means a simcard from a different network),
2 - Message "Enter Network Key" will appear, now enter the Unlock Code provided by sim-unlock.net

try the member EE give you ?

Second way to type unlock code in an Alcatel 1016G:

1 - Start your Alcatel 1016G on WITHOUT ANY SIM CARD INSERTED
2 - Enter the following sequence : *#0000*CODE#
3 - To complete the unlocking process enter sequence : *#0001*CODE#

Your Alcatel 1016G is unlocked now.

Note: Please replace "CODE" with the Unlock Code you received.

1st method , enter network key doesnt appear on screen , i just get unnaccepted sim

on the 2nd method is there anything to do beetween part 2 and 3 , as when type it in it all just stays on screen

Back