Just Got Dreambox 500-c, Help !!

Have u read any tuts yet ?

Rat said:
Have u read any tuts yet ?
Mate, iam following the instructions according to apintofmilk's guide for using dreamup, the box seems to flash properley, but i need these questions answered >>>
ok guys, i tried the image that donnie sent link for, the channel scan aint working, where do i put the 6887 in ?? symbol rate or frequency, and do i put zeros "0" in the other 4 box's after the 6887 ?

also i cant change the cable provider, it says "none" and it wont change.

and it says transponder scan failed when i try to scan.

thomson said:
Mate, iam following the instructions according to apintofmilk's guide for using dreamup, the box seems to flash properley, but i need these questions answered >>>
ok guys, i tried the image that donnie sent link for, the channel scan aint working, where do i put the 6887 in ?? symbol rate or frequency, and do i put zeros "0" in the other 4 box's after the 6887 ?

also i cant change the cable provider, it says "none" and it wont change.

and it says transponder scan failed when i try to scan.

The image is bare bones.It don't contain any files to get it going yet.You can't access the scan etc cos the cables file aint in the image.
Are you familiar with ftp'ing like flashfxp,your gonna need this and relevant files to put in the image to get it going.
Is there no way you can get an ethernet connection going?from here you could flash a back-up and get running.
After that get familiar with ftp etc,see whats files go where and try modding a base image from scratch.
This was how i started out,to be honest at the mo your in at the deepend.

Can you not disconnect your modem for 10 mins or so while you use the ethernet and crossover to flash your box ?

Bronto said:
Can you not disconnect your modem for 10 mins or so while you use the ethernet and crossover to flash your box ?

Thats the best bet,get it flashed and running,later if you aint into modding images theres always the odd back-up knocking about:Cheers:

Donnie Darko said:
Thats the best bet,get it flashed and running,later if you aint into modding images theres always the odd back-up knocking about:Cheers:
ok i will connect to the ethernet port and try get it going that way, whats the best/novice guide to use for that ?

thomson said:
ok, so change to gemini and use fw2 file you sent ??? that all ?? should be ok then ?

Yeah get the ip's set-up between pc and db,within fwp click on 'install a firmware flash' you can either drag and drop the fw2 or select it from a location on your pc.
The whole process takes 2 mins,after flashing,pull the power cord,power back on then set the image up for scanning from within the menus.Scanning takes 25 mins.

Donnie Darko said:
Yeah get the ip's set-up between pc and db,within fwp click on 'install a firmware flash' you can either drag and drop the fw2 or select it from a location on your pc.
The whole process takes 2 mins,after flashing,pull the power cord,power back on then set the image up for scanning from within the menus.Scanning takes 25 mins.
ok, i will give it a go, brb.

wait, the guide says i need a working gemini image installed, its nutrino thats on my box ?

thomson said:
ok brb (hopefully)

Don't worry the guide refers to the factory supplied gemini,all you have done is null flash a bare bones neutrino on.
You are now about to flash another neutrino,albeit in a working state.

Going bed when i log in 2mora i want a success from your end,if not i'm about:)

Donnie Darko said:
Don't worry the guide refers to the factory supplied gemini,all you have done is null flash a bare bones neutrino on.
You are now about to flash another neutrino,albeit in a working state.

Going bed when i log in 2mora i want a success from your end,if not i'm about:)
iam stuck again :( ive read the guide and it says i need to have the box connected to the tv at same time as connected to the pc, my tv is about 20ft away from telly, impossible.

Napster said:
put it on a potable m8
not got portable, surley this cant be as difficult as all this to get done man ??? iam starting to get pissed off with all this, my eurovox was setup in seconds man.

Go to your local PC shop and get a 25ft length of cable and you would be able to have the box sitting next to your tv and still have it connected to your PC.

devilfish said:
Go to your local PC shop and get a 25ft length of cable and you would be able to have the box sitting next to your tv and still have it connected to your PC.
i dont think i really need the box connected to telly do i ?? i changed all the settings on the box as described in the guide then unplugged it and brought it over and plugged into computer, surley that would save the settings anyway ?? and when i plugged the box back into tv the network settings were all just the same, so it must save the settings i guess, eh ?

Anyway, it didnt work, i tried dreamup and flashwizard (null modem cable and ethernet cable), i still cant change to ntl as provider and iam setting up everything correctly in my network settings, iam going to have the wife buy me another ethernet card today though, but i think its waste of money as this one should do the job when set correctly and it is set exactly as pintofmilks guide says, mannnnnnnnn this is doing my head in :(

p.s
whats the frequency and symbol rate for pure ntl glasgow ???

Last edited:
Back